A portable vape close to a rockzap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_jungle

Hi everyone,

I've started off with a MFLB and later acquired a Rockzap, which I really like for its efficiency and ease of use. But sometimes I'm bothered by the cord and yet, I'd like a vape that doesn't require as much work as the LB to use (always stirring, applying force etc...). So I guess I need another vaporizer. ;-)

What comes to your mind if I ask for a portable vape with the following qualities:
High efficiency, good taste, price: < 200 $ (but willing to pay more for convincing reasons), size and stealth unimportant, as long as it's portable and as for temp control, I don't know - both with the LB and the Rockzap I can dynamically adjust the temp using different techniques so there's no need for a knob...

I went through the first page of the portables subforum and the Arizer Solo seems like a good match, would you agree? Last I checked though people reported bad smell and defective units. Has this improved? How would you compare the Solo to the Rockzap in every regard?

Thanks for the help!

johnny_jungle,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
your in the perfect direction since you went through the arizer solo thread. The solo vape is a cult classic. It's got everything your looking for and great battery life. Get the extra power cord and it pretty much becomes a log vape plug in. I have an older model still SS bowl though and use it every day for the last few years pretty much. No smell no issues. Arizer has great customer service as well if something does go wrong. I recommend some of the stems planetvape.ca makes as well as Ed's beautiful wooden stems. Cheers good luck!

kushcabbage,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
Yeah the solo is comparable in shape and concept perhaps not efficiency though but its still a great portable probably the best

NotPotRelated,

vap999

For those who crave going wireless/cordless (at least in terms of use) with their log vaporizers, this is really ancient, legacy technology!

The Flash Evaporator was commercialized around early-mid 1990s by 'Bob' before he brought out the Eterra (and got a related broad patent), the predecessor of essentially all log vaporizers. Look at obviously-ancient/archived Web pages for the Flash Evaporator -- http://www.flashevap.com/details.htm. The 4th picture shows how the log vaporizer is fully detachable. Rather than having a wired plug, the log vape has flat metal terminals at the bottom that match up with live protruding terminals in the base (which is plugged in like normal to the wall adapter), with a LED lighting when proper contact is made. Much the same thing could be done with other types of plugs and connectors. Also, I presume such large metal terminals on the vaporizer could be made to last much longer than any electrical plug connector and wires.

I've never understood why log vaporizer manufacturers haven't similarly gone wireless. And why there are no after-market adapter kits. For example, a thin disk matching the diameter of the log vaporizer with flat terminals on the bottom and a short wire leading out the side to be plugged into the current log vaporizer plug, could slide on, velcro or otherwise be attached to the bottom of the log vaporizer.

vap999,

thesoloman

I own two solo's, ones in the shop currently, and i couldn't stand being without mine, so i bought a second one, regarding smelly units, the M-101,M-102,M103-M-104,m-105's model numbers should be avoided, smelly mainly, i own M-106 and an M1A and have friend who own M-108 and another friend has an M-107 and they all work great so i can recommend them confidently as i have had no problems with them. In total my group of close friends have 5 solos and one extreme q. we have a saying no solo no club. haha

max

Out to lunch
thesoloman said:
the M-101,M-102,M103-M-104,m-105's model numbers should be avoided
To be accurate, those are not model numbers- more like lot numbers. You can't contact your favorite dealer (or the manufacturer) and order the 'M number' of your choice.

Pcpvapors

My solo was born because a robot fucked a CRZ and unfortunately lost all the pretty wood and kept the futuristic look. In laymans terms, it's a walkable CRZ lol

thesoloman

To be accurate, those are not model numbers- more like lot numbers. You can't contact your favorite dealer (or the manufacturer) and order the 'M number' of your choice.
thanks max, i should have been more clear. while you can't demand a specific lot number, you can ask what lot # the unit you will receive, i personally wouldn't buy an early batch, even tho their rare now i would say.

thesoloman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom