a great article I read on vaporizing safety

Scott A

Nice read but that article sites some very horrible studies like simple survey studies and such.

Scott A,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
A really great article thank you for sharing that with us. Interesting about the black market cannabis having more ammonia in it. We all knew that concentrates shoots your tolerance through the roof. I'm glad that they added that little tidbit.

I hope we start seeing more main stream articles about vaporizing. We need to get Sanja to mention that more on his specials on CNN.

CarolKing

@Vitolo would be awesome in a commercial. He has some great videos out there that are professional looking to me.

Stop combusting cannabis - it would be a health conscious health alert kinda thing. how cannabis is a healing plant.

CarolKing,
Reactions: NorVape

lwien

The truth is that street herb and medicinal are often the exact same thing.

I would imagine that SOME of it is the same but I wouldn't think that all of it is. I know a lot of street weed is smuggled in from south of the boarder in bulk by people who could give a fuck about quality versus most of the medical MJ sold at dispensaries are grown locally and some of these dispensaries only carry weed that are from micro-lots grown by their patients with tender loving care.

For me, I'd feel safer buying my weed from a high quality dispensary than from some local joe-shmoe in an alleyway.

Does that mean that the weed that I buy is always free from pesticides or other toxins? I wish I knew but all I can do is play the odds.

Last edited:

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess
I would imagine that SOME of it is the same but I wouldn't think that all of it is. I know a lot of street weed is smuggled in from south of the boarder in bulk by people who could give a fuck about quality versus most of the medical MJ sold at dispensaries are grown locally and some of these dispensaries only carry weed that from micro-lots grown by their patients with tender loving care.

For me, I'd feel safer buying my weed from a high quality dispensary than from some local joe-shmoe in an alleyway.

Yeah, some of the stuff I had to deal with - pretty sure it came in from Mexico via the Gulf, where it was smuggled through the muck of the Everglades in the rotting corpse of a gator. At least that's what the stuff looked, smelled and tasted like. :puke:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Almost 30 years of black market and I have never had to meet anyone in an ally. Only since it has become legal have I done that. Lol.

I would also put up any black market herb that I can get against my dispensary's herb. Not that there is anything wrong with the dispensary 's herb but there is just a lot of variance in the same strains over time from them.

Most growers I knew of took alot of pride in their grow as it was usually their primary income and it was always consistant or you got kief. They knew no one wants to buy shitty herb and repeat business is the way to go.

Do someone right and they will tell ten friends about it. Do someone wrong and they will tell everyone they know.

The word travels fast in small circles.

Scott A

I dont think the stigma of "street weed" really applies anymore. The whole "meeting someone in a back alley" doesnt apply anymore either. At least here in florida most of what is flooding the streets is local grown or shipped in from one of the medical states. Its not like just because it is black market that it has to be bricked up mexican garbage.

lwien

I dont think the stigma of "street weed" really applies anymore. The whole "meeting someone in a back alley" doesnt apply anymore either. At least here in florida most of what is flooding the streets is local grown or shipped in from one of the medical states. Its not like just because it is black market that it has to be bricked up mexican garbage.

Tons of weed still being smuggled in though.

http://www.newser.com/story/146427/4-tons-of-marijuana-pulled-from-ocean.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/millage-peaks-iv-sentenced_n_2479819.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...involvement-667-pound-pot-smuggling-case.html

http://nypost.com/2015/03/19/how-i-...-weed-with-the-pot-princess-of-beverly-hills/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...a-floating-in-ocean-california_n_1533540.html

Etc, etc, etc......

The "back ally" thing was more just a figure of speech.

Last edited:

CarolKing

@lwien was using back alley as a figure of speech.

I used to receive my cannabis by black market many years, too many to count. It's only the last little over a year I've been getting from a dispensary. I used to get mine from a trusted friend. It's only the last 7 years he was getting his through someone growing for medical. Before that sometimes I would get some questionable product. It would have bits of hair or cotton sometimes, too many big stems. An ounce of bud would have an off taste occasionally. Once you buy, the sale is over. If its shit weed you're stuck.

During the summer cannabis used to be hard get in July and August. Can't remember why that was. Possibly waiting for the summer crop to grow and cure?

Speaking of curing, there were occasions where the cannabis would be too damp and you had to try to dry it out yourself. Plus it would be heavy weighing out because of the added moisture. Or too dried out and you had to put a piece of lettuce or Apple in the bag.

How about when you find out your trusted friend in the black market or his friend was busted. That screws everything up when that happens.

I'm sure there are places where it's a crap shoot every time they buy their bud even in this day and age. Just because things are cool in your world.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@NorVape I know where you're coming from. At one point Gritweed was all over the place and there were reports of it putting people in hospital with silicosis. I've heard of fine sand being used and was witness to a bag bulked out with couscous. Damp and mold can be common place.
@CarolKing I first made a concentrate over 10 years ago from a well known sativa plant. It took 16 weeks to finish. The weed itself was strong to say the least. The concentrate was mind blowing and very, very moreish. I had it on tap and didn't realise how just how much of a tolerance I had built up. It would floor all the class A drug users I knew at the time and one, when he eventually came round, even thought he had been spiked with ketamine.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@VapourHaze At one point soapbar and slate were all you could get. Bits of plastic and copious amounts of the Sahara's finest. I heard from a reliable source that 80% of the UK soapbar was found to contain fecal matter. A new spin on 'smoke that shit' lol

NorVape

Vape Rictim
Actually, I think most of the soapbar ends up in the UK for some reason.

We had some hash here who would swell up really fast when heated. The only non local slang word I've heard for it was French Paper. I've asked high up in the hierarchy of those sorts of people, and nobody really knows what it is. Was, rather, as I don't think you'll find it anymore.

Most of the bad hash here is not cut, it's just full of innactive plantmatter, so I guess it's like eight sift or something.

But hash here is good, and almost as reasonably priced as anything can be in this crazy expensive place.

Herb on the other hand, being the new commodity (as seen on TV omg omg) varies wildly! From top shelf, dried and cured, to seedy brick weed.

Only the other week my friend bought adulterated weed. Luckily we knew some one who reckognized the weed before it was smoked, and he was IN THE ROOM when the mobsters adulrerated the weed to make it heavier.

A more common problem with the locally grown stuff is the growers lack of knowledge. The gangs who import shit is often ruthless. Biggest dealer I know prefers coke over cannabis. But the growers are often just not good, even though their intenions are.

Otherwise good weed is harvested just a bit to early, not dried rigt, the cure is off, and they aaaalmost got the flushing right this time. That'll be 25 $ a gram, please.

This is the herb reality for "regular" folks who don't spend half their waking hours thinking about the God Plant over here.

It's a lifestyle having the good stuff over here.

But it's getting better each year! Last month a local newspaper had TWO frontpages regarding medical!

Edit: Damnit, we should start an international Pro Cannabis Lobbyist Organizatiln, so that people who have succsesfully changed the system where they live can help other people go about changing their own systems in the best and most efficient ways possible. Imagine what value the teachings of say Colorado lobbyists could have for guys like me, deep behind Prohibition Lines.

Last edited:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
@VapourHaze At one point soapbar and slate were all you could get. Bits of plastic and copious amounts of the Sahara's finest. I heard from a reliable source that 80% of the UK soapbar was found to contain fecal matter. A new spin on 'smoke that shit' lol

Yes in the 90s all you could get was soap, slate, mirrorbar, gold seal, red seal etc. Mainly soap though, i was young and didnt have connections and lived in the middle of nowhere so i assumed people in the cities still had access to decent product .. maybe not!

Actually, I think most of the soapbar ends up in the UK for some reason.

We had some hash here who would swell up really fast when heated. The only non local slang word I've heard for it was French Paper. I've asked high up in the hierarchy of those sorts of people, and nobody really knows what it is. Was, rather, as I don't think you'll find it anymore.

Most of the bad hash here is not cut, it's just full of innactive plantmatter, so I guess it's like eight sift or something.

But hash here is good, and almost as reasonably priced as anything can be in this crazy expensive place.

Herb on the other hand, being the new commodity (as seen on TV omg omg) varies wildly! From top shelf, dried and cured, to seedy brick weed.

Only the other week my friend bought adulterated weed. Luckily we knew some one who reckognized the weed before it was smoked, and he was IN THE ROOM when the mobsters adulrerated the weed to make it heavier.

A more common problem with the locally grown stuff is the growers lack of knowledge. The gangs who import shit is often ruthless. Biggest dealer I know prefers coke over cannabis. But the growers are often just not good, even though their intenions are.

Otherwise good weed is harvested just a bit to early, not dried rigt, the cure is off, and they aaaalmost got the flushing right this time. That'll be 25 $ a gram, please.

This is the herb reality for "regular" folks who don't spend half their waking hours thinking about the God Plant over here.

It's a lifestyle having the good stuff over here.

But it's getting better each year! Last month a local newspaper had TWO frontpages regarding medical!

Edit: Damnit, we should start an international Pro Cannabis Lobbyist Organizatiln, so that people who have succsesfully changed the system where they live can help other people go about changing their own systems in the best and most efficient ways possible. Imagine what value the teachings of say Colorado lobbyists could have for guys like me, deep behind Prohibition Lines.

I think all the soap ends up in france and UK as its picked up in marroco and adulterated in spain and then easy access into France and onto uk where no one knows any better! (Or used to)

Wow € 25 or $25 converted? Im quite lucky to have decent contacts where i am. A gram of decent bud is £10 and luckily for me is of generally high standard. Sometimes its not up to par and sometimes its amazing ... luck of the draw! Still have lots of friends who smoke 'pollen' .. medium grade hash (Cos skunk is too strong .. lols) which runs around £5 a gram. You do get some awesome import hash occasionally like moroccan huevos (culero).

They also passed a law in the house of lords recently (and quietly) allowing more research into medical potential. I think general opinion is finally very slowly shifting.

Scott A

@lwien was using back alley as a figure of speech.

I used to receive my cannabis by black market many years, too many to count. It's only the last little over a year I've been getting from a dispensary. I used to get mine from a trusted friend. It's only the last 7 years he was getting his through someone growing for medical. Before that sometimes I would get some questionable product. It would have bits of hair or cotton sometimes, too many big stems. An ounce of bud would have an off taste occasionally. Once you buy, the sale is over. If its shit weed you're stuck.

During the summer cannabis used to be hard get in July and August. Can't remember why that was. Possibly waiting for the summer crop to grow and cure?

Speaking of curing, there were occasions where the cannabis would be too damp and you had to try to dry it out yourself. Plus it would be heavy weighing out because of the added moisture. Or too dried out and you had to put a piece of lettuce or Apple in the bag.

How about when you find out your trusted friend in the black market or his friend was busted. That screws everything up when that happens.

I'm sure there are places where it's a crap shoot every time they buy their bud even in this day and age. Just because things are cool in your world.
Im sure there are too... doesnt mean that is the norm. Im sorry that you apparently have had horrible drug dealers.

Scott A,

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess
Im sure there are too... doesnt mean that is the norm. Im sorry that you apparently have had horrible drug dealers.

I'm not sure what the argument is here. I'm in FL and I've gotten loads of craptastick brick weed that made me wonder if I wasn't smoking dehydrated lily-pads and spinach. I've also gotten great stuff. The "norm" is whatever you can get your hands on for a lot of people. Even if good stuff IS available, that doesn't mean it's affordable - there's a lot of people out there smoking garbage because they don't have the extra $100 for the luxury of higher quality.

So what exactly is your sticking point?

lwien

Cool but that does nothing to disprove my point...

Than would you please clarify your point because I may be misunderstanding what you're trying to say?

What you said was, "I dont think the stigma of "street weed" really applies anymore." and I disagree because it sometimes does apply. And..........it can apply more so in some US cities more than others and in some countries more than others.

Where am I going wrong here?

Last edited:
Top Bottom