A few questions about vapes and maximizing body stone.

C No Ego

@archangelz001
smoking is predicted to be 15 to 25 % effective @ extraction of the actives. vaping with high quality gear has shown up to 95% efficiency @ extraction.
even still though smoking is vaping LOL.... the heat release of the active compounds is a form of vaporization... just dirtied up real bad from all the smoke too is all and that is not good at all

Worst advice I’ve ever seen on FC. C’mon @Mookie0608 get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Really, dude?, your avatar is Otto Mann smoking a joint??..

@SpiralThus If you are looking to "melt into the couch" infrequently and it's not happening with your (new) mighty, I would go with Mookie's advice and break out Billy Bong Thornton. Why spend the money on another vaporizer your not sure will work anyway?

The capsules are an interesting idea though...

Chronic Thinker,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

C No Ego

Add Lecithin to any ABV product to add lipid solubility to the ABV, too-- add some type of terpene profile that increases bio availability via volatility . especially if using trans dermal ABV oil , the skin responds well to orange oil ( D-limonene) ) or pepper oil ( beta caryophyllene) ETC... add in @ 10% essential oil to total volume.
the volatile compounds increase the initial absorption of cannabinoids and the lecithin adds phosphatidylcholine which helps engage more cellular receptors and trigger the Fat , Trigga

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

If you can grow legally, find a strain that gives you that body stone, and grow clones of it.

Another option is to experiment with mixing CBD with your regular high-THC bud.

Something to keep in mind is that the body melting into the couch stone may also be a part of having a low tolerance, so lowering your tolerance may help. That said, a lower tolerance means more impairment while high, so it may not be the best idea, depending on your situation.

Vaporware

Oh wow, you may have solved why my Durban Poison stopped giving me the rush it used to and now feels like my heaviest indica.. it's 11 months old :D

That may be part of it. If it’s only 11 months old though, you might want to take another look at your storage conditions which can also speed up or slow down the conversion of THC to CBN.

EverythingsHazy

Hey All,

Thanks for reading. First post, so a bit about me (you can skip straight down to the questions below too, if you'd rather). I've been vaping about 6 months now. Before that, a 30ish year hiatus since I used to smoke crappy ditch weed as a kid. I use a Boundless CFX and a VapCap M (which I don't really use, because it's ridiculously harsh). The CFX is ok, but thinking to get a mighty this 4/20 (the CFX is starting to feel like I drank a cup of powdered glass after vaping, and I'm told the mighty is much smoother). As long as I'm going to be vape shopping, I figure I might as well address a question I've had with temp/body stone in case what vape I'm using matters for the effect I like.

I sometimes like a nice clear head high and sometimes I'm in the mood for the old 'float and melt'. The energetic, let's-clean-the-house-or-write-a-weird-book' head high is pretty easy. The body high seems to be a bit harder to figure out, especially lately.

Back when I was a kid, and quite often when I started vaping, and now only occasionally, do I get the type of body high I like. It's a bit hard to describe, but generally includes sensations of floating, melting, falling, and acceleration. I've had a couple experiences where my sense of down shifted, so the wall with my TV (my TV is actually a wall - I use a projector directly onto the wall) became down, and I felt like a spider laying on a couch on the wall looking down at my TV projected onto the floor, which was pretty interesting. My body stone isn't necessarily a sleepy experience, more like it just gently tweaks whatever part of my brain is responsible for perception of motion and direction. This was really pronounced when I was a kid.

I generally get that with pretty strong indicas though sometimes with sativas or hybrids too. However, I get it a lot less as time goes on. I find that more and more often I don't get that body stone, just a sort of a sleepy stone with maybe a hint of falling or floating when I close my eyes.

Between different strains, different temperatures, and my fluctuating tolerance, I'm not entirely sure what causes it or what I can do to maximize it. I tend to think of it as mostly a strain/temp thing, though amount vaped seems to matter as well, as may my current tolerance.

My habits seem like they help keep my tolerance a bit low, since I like to try a lot of different strains, and switch up sativas, hybrids, and indicas pretty regularly. I buy by the gram so I can try a lot of stuff (fortunately I have a place that will give me discounts on multiple grams, even when mixed) and it's pretty rare that I vape the same strain more than a couple days in a row, though I often come back to my favorites (asian fantasy anyone?).

Like most things weed related, trying to find an answer to how to maximize those particular effects turns up a ton of conflicting opinions and very little actual data - mostly the consensus seems to be that 'higher temps get more body high' but without actually defining a body high, other than 'better for pain and sleep'. Well, ok, fine. But why is mine slowing going away? Is it a function of tolerance?

When I first started vaping, I had a G Pen Pro, which turned out to be counterfeit. I replaced it with my current CFX, but I wonder if the G Pen Pro might have been better for that effect, though I don't necessarily see how.

I'm considering getting a mighty this 4/20, but it only goes to 410F. My CFX goes to 430F and I can't get much body stone with it lately, so is 410F going to be too low when I'm in the mood for a strong body stone? I came across mention of a study that concluded 446F is the ideal body stone temp, but there seem to be some problems with that study. Still, if that turns out to be the case, maybe I get a mighty for most of the time and then another (cheaper) vape (Like the Flowermate V5Pro or another higher temp vape) to really crank up the temp when I'm in the mood to melt into the couch for an evening.

So, finally, the questions:

1. Do any of you long-time vapers get those types of intense body effects, or is that just for the first few months and then your tolerance makes it a dragon to chase?

2. Does anyone vape at really high temps (like 446F)? If so, is it very different than at 420F?

3. Anyone who uses the mighty, is it really pretty smooth at higher temps? If you crank it up to 410F are you coughing your ass off or no big deal?

4. Ditto for the Flowermate V5Pro?

5. Anyone have any other thoughts on maximizing body stone, or the effects I've described in general?

6. For that matter do these effects happen to other people? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one - all anyone else really mentions on forums or strain reviews is 'oh man, this stuff had me floating'. Nobody's ever like 'oh, man, this strain made me feel like I floated up 3 feet off the couch, spun around while melting, and then broke up into tiny bits that accelerated away straight down a few at a time'.

Anyway, sorry for the long many-questioned post. Hope this is ok for the forums?
To me. the issue seems to be an issue of not getting as high. The melting/floating feeling that you are referring to, sounds like being very stoned. If you lower your tolerance, or use stronger buds, you should notice the body stone coming back.

Top Bottom