A few basic quetions regarding the Vaping Process

CosmoKramer

What's up, I'll start by letting you know I joined here to get a little information, I am the first of my friends to buy a vape. I bought The Buddha about a month ago and have no complaints, just a few questions.

From what I have gathered, the main objective when using a non digital vape is to keep the temperature as low as possible while still getting thick hits. I start at 11:00 and go up to 12:00-12:30 max for thick clouds, while generally not getting much vapor at anything less than 11:00. But sometimes even as low as 11:00 will turn the middle of the bowl a pretty dark/medium brown after one big hit..

My first question is - What's up with all these people saying their ABV weed is a light brown/gold color... Yeah mine is, after the first hit.. but generally my bowls are dark, dark brown at the end.. Definitely not black but definitely not light brown. It usually looks something like this http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/500/medium/p8.JPG

As long as it's not burning and I'm still seeing nice vapor clouds.. does that mean it's still worth taking hits? (By the 5th or 6th hit I stop breathing out through my nose so I can't taste it, as that burnt popcorn flavor is bleh) So aside from the flavor of the hits not being as pleasant as a fresh ones.. is there still THC and good stuff being released as long as you see vapor? Basically I wanna know if it's common practice among veteran vapers to only lightly vape their buds because they know something I don't or if its just because they plan on using the ABV for some other purpose and do not want to deplete all the resources just yet...

Which leads me to my last question, for now. Regardless of how much ABV you have.. what is the best method? Cooking or Iso extraction. I'm assuming that the Iso extraction would be relatively worthless for heavily vaped buds? Lemme know, thanks.

CosmoKramer,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi and welcome to FC.

ABV color will vary from strain, vape temp used and user preference. Some of us like to leave some goodies behind for other uses while others vape until they can't vape anymore. If you're still seeing vapor....you're still vaporizing goodies.

Besides cooking and ISO extraction you can check out the Golden Dragon/Swamp water thread. It works very well too

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1564

Lo,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@cosmokramer - that's about the color of vapor poop i end up with (maybe mine is a little darker). i find the 7 minute timer on the Bud Toaster to be about optimal ... i am still getting some vapor after that, but it is very thin.

i just discard my ABV. if there are any weird active cannabinoids left -- can't see any trichomes with 100x scope -- i don't want them.

Hippie Dickie,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I've actually switched to using the DBV at a slighly lower temperature. Now instead of taking hits till it starts tasting bad; I take hits until I can't get any more vapor at that temp (not a ton lower than i had been using).
I can still get the abv a fairly medium brown and get pretty serious hits.

Switching to vapor has made me even more of a weed snob especially regarding flavor, so I think it's worth it. I do think I may be leaving more behind in the abv than taking it to a higher temp. So, I'm still I'm working on the best use for abv, but haven't figured it out yet.

rabblerouser,

gim

Just so you know Cosmo, it is entirely possible to get the effects of THC with seeing little to no vapor. If you can taste it, you're generally going to be getting something.

An interesting experiment is to very slowly raise the temp and when the taste gets heavy hit it till the taste fades. Stand up and move around, it will creep up on you :ko:

I've learned to really enjoy the tastes this way before cranking the temp and getting the most out of the other CBNs. Lower temp will mostly give you just a head high and the wonderful taste.

gim,

max

Out to lunch
From what I have gathered, the main objective when using a non digital vape is to keep the temperature as low as possible while still getting thick hits.
Not necessarily.

Basically I wanna know if it's common practice among veteran vapers to only lightly vape their buds because they know something I don't or if its just because they plan on using the ABV for some other purpose and do not want to deplete all the resources just yet...
Just personal preference. You don't get to vape until your ABV is dark brown or black without giving up something. Sure you get all (or nearly all) the good stuff, but as you increase the temp you also increase the amount of toxins released in the vapor. Even the highest temp vapor is much healthier than smoke, but some people prefer vaping at lower temps, whether the remains are saved or not. I use a wide range of temps, depending on my mood and which vape I'm using. High temp vaping is closer to smoking in the effect it gives. Sometimes I want that effect and sometimes I want a cleaner, more alert high and use a lower temp.

max,

DaProfessor

Regarding the burnt popcorn flavor; it is greatly reduced through water filtration. Get a simple tube or bubbler and try it out. You may also want to clean your wand. I find that the residue will add a burnt flavor also.

DaProfessor,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
the taste isn't actually that horrible, part of it is just thinking that if it tastes / smells bad then it's being overcooked.

Also I go with the idea that lower temps are more high versus higher temps being more stone, which is what i'm usually looking for.

rabblerouser,
Top Bottom