• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

84 percent of medical marijuana samples contained large amounts of pesticides

Laantje

I agree that is is a good thing that the NL government is finally prepared to implement a joined up solution but one of the down sides is that also want to put a limited on the THC content of the weed. Anything with a high THC content will be treated as hard drugs.

I am also hoping that because it will become legal for licensed companies to produce weed that that will not then make it illegal for us to grow our own. I still think this is the best way if you have the space and the inclination.

That is true, but the party that came with the idea (d66) had stated that if they do reduce the strenght too much (which I think also means limiting thc content) people will still be buying from the streets, which is exactly what they want to prevent with this new law.

So we'll see. I think its not going to reduce that much, but who knows.

Laantje,

Krazy

the NL government is finally prepared to implement a joined up solution but one of the down sides is that they also want to put a limited on the THC content of the weed. Anything with a high THC content will be treated as hard drugs.
Well crap! That sounds like they are taking a page from the playbook of stoopid used here in the USofA.

Krazy,
Reactions: grokit

dgmulf

So I emailed my go-to dispensary, CornerstoneResearch with our concern in regards to pesticides and I asked if they not only test for pesticides but requested the labs that they use.

I was inspired by this post to shoot a similar email to my go-to dispensary. It's been five days now, and I can hear the crickets chirping, and I just saw a tumbleweed roll by.

lwien

I was inspired by this post to shoot a similar email to my go-to dispensary. It's been five days now, and I can hear the crickets chirping, and I just saw a tumbleweed roll by.

Yeah. Cornerstone is a bit aways from me but there's a closer one nearby so I shot them off an email as well. It's been a week and haven't heard a thing.

grokit

well-worn member
Testing for contaminants is just part of the commodification that will be accompanying legalization. Just like testing for thc and other cannabinoid levels, and levels of intoxication and/or impairment. I'm guessing the future of cannabis will lead to pining for the "good old days" in many respects, but obviously not all.

:myday:

dgmulf

After about a month of smoking (shhhh, I was saving up for vape related equipment) exclusively sun-grown Clean Green certified buds, I went back and packed a bowl of some of the generic stuff from my old dispensary. The generic weed was definitely older and drier than the CG certified, and maybe that was the difference, but it tasted really awful by contrast! Further comparison is definitely needed... maybe the pesticides really do ruin the flavor??

sokesleezy

After about a month of smoking (shhhh, I was saving up for vape related equipment) exclusively sun-grown Clean Green certified buds, I went back and packed a bowl of some of the generic stuff from my old dispensary. The generic weed was definitely older and drier than the CG certified, and maybe that was the difference, but it tasted really awful by contrast! Further comparison is definitely needed... maybe the pesticides really do ruin the flavor??

There are quite a few variables at play here like moisture content, age, strain, how it was grown, terps evaporating etc. Its hard to say, but I'm inclined to lean towards it being moreso because of the strain and it been older, drier bud.

Last edited:
sokesleezy,
Reactions: dgmulf

dgmulf

There are quite a few variables at play here like moisture content, age, strain, how it was grown, terps evaporating etc. Its hard to say, but I'm inclined to lean towards it being moreso because of the strain and it been older, drier bud.

You're probably right. I don't want to jump to conclusions.

Out of curiosity, how do moisture content and age typically affect flavor?

dgmulf,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@dgmulf If cannabis is too dry in my experience the cannabis gets harsh. Heat and air will make your cannabis where all the goodies go away after time - it won't have the potency. If the cannabis has too much moisture it hasn't been cured properly and it won't be potent enough.

Edit
If cannabis just has a slightly too much moisture you can just set it out a day or so.

Last edited:

nomadicsoul34

Most of our food is riddled with chemicals that are not good for us. Our water is altered , the meat we eat is often pumped full of hormones and antibiotics and our veg are sprayed with chemicals designed to kill small living creatures. Is it really any surprise that our herb is contaminated ? Especially if you buy on the black market.

howie105

Most of our food is riddled with chemicals that are not good for us. Our water is altered , the meat we eat is often pumped full of hormones and antibiotics and our veg are sprayed with chemicals designed to kill small living creatures. Is it really any surprise that our herb is contaminated ? Especially if you buy on the black market.

I agree with you with one exception, that being the black market. Sure there is lots of mouldy chemical nightmare weed out there but there is also tons of MJ that is cleanly grown and very carefully processed. Like most things we buy its a question of knowing the market and shopping accordingly.

rodders83

Grow your own with aquaponics in a linked cycle system plants and fish and stop buying stuff from outside is the only way. EG Lemons bloody lemons sprayed and waxed why butcher a damm fruit!?

Also there are places where you simply cannot shop around so god knows what i am vaping and eating i doubt anything i ever bought in maybe 20 years was ever flushed. People should be held to account for that but never will be. I make the same arguement as the property is theft arguement from that French dude, It is murder to do this and create this kind of scenario. The core reason though is the same reason why you do this to any herd of animals that are farmed, Overcrowded conditions make it a complusion if you want a large herd.

rodders83,

C No Ego

food and animals are used for mass production and spread across the country... if each person were to cater their own needs then mass produced overages will not be needed... IF...........

nomadicsoul34

We all eat several kilos of food every week and all of it, unless you buy purely organic , is just covered in pesticides and chemicals. Pesticides were developed from left over nerve gas from WW1/2. I hate to think of the cumulative effect from decades of eating small amounts of that poison. Cancers perhaps?

rodders83

You need to go back through history and look and cancers but i believe so. I know two people who died within a month of each other of cancer togeather how can that happen without a big huzzah? And it was just "meh" cancer happens?

My dog was also eaten alive with tumors from every orifice and yes he ate the same food as we did which is probably the problem and dogs have an iron stomach.

rodders83,

Krazy

Unless you are buying from a dispensary that is certified organic and pesticide free (as mentioned earlier in this thread)? I would have more trust going with a known black marker grower. Some degree of personal accountability there.

Buying form a trusted connect that has a trusted source? Who the frak knows. That second level of removal is what people use to pimp urban myths and what not. Simply buying from "a guy" and you get what you get.

Krazy,

ddz2

WA State recreational purchaser here. Evidently WA tests everything, but use of pesticides (or some pesticides) is ok. For example, a recent purchase says "Pesticides Used: Trilogy, Neem Oil, Kaligreen." Other material I've purchased has said "Pesticide Free." I only discovered this recently because the label on the goods is printed in type so small that it's literally impossible to read without a strong magnifying glass. Now that I know this, I'm going to be requesting the "Pesticide Free" stuff whenever possible!

ddz2,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Look on labels there are some cannabis farms in WA state that grows chemical free. Nobel Farms is one and Dutch Brothers Farms. We have too many producers in the state compared to stores. I wonder how they all stay in business?

olivianewtonjohn

Several flaws with this logic in this thread.

1) Pesticide in food doesnt mean its equivalent to pesticides in your MJ. Pesticide=/=pesticide on something else, thats a general term, risks and harms id guess would vary widely between pesticides.

2) You can wash your fruits and veggies, not something ive researched but common sense seems to indicate that would reduce pesticides? How are you going to do that with your MJ?

3) Cancer is both environmental and genetic (multi-factorial). Boiling it down to exposure to pesticides (1 environmental factor among many, not even considering genetic component) seems silly to me :shrug:

olivianewtonjohn,

C No Ego

Several flaws with this logic in this thread.

1) Pesticide in food doesnt mean its equivalent to pesticides in your MJ. Pesticide=/=pesticide on something else, thats a general term, risks and harms id guess would vary widely between pesticides.

2) You can wash your fruits and veggies, not something ive researched but common sense seems to indicate that would reduce pesticides? How are you going to do that with your MJ?

3) Cancer is both environmental and genetic (multi-factorial). Boiling it down to exposure to pesticides (1 environmental factor among many, not even considering genetic component) seems silly to me :shrug:
people have water cured brick weed to help clean it before use... the water needs to be slightly warm and not cold as cold would knock off the trichomes... thc is not water soluble so the idea is that the water wash does not strip thc from the herb

C No Ego,
Reactions: Squiby

ddz2

Look on labels there are some cannabis farms in WA state that grows chemical free. Nobel Farms is one and Dutch Brothers Farms. We have too many producers in the state compared to stores. I wonder how they all stay in business?

I thought I was the only one noticing this! Prices have been collapsing at my store for quite some time. Grams of concentrate are down to $15-$17, and $100-$120 oz for bud, and the quality is quite good (I'm in the Port Orchard area, aka "Pot Orchard). Of course, you can spend much more, but those are the current low prices I'm seeing.

Hi Guys is another producer here and one of their concentrates said "Pesticide Free!" (I like their use of the exclamation point.) So I will add them to Nobel Farms and Dutch Brothers Farms. Meanwhile, I've reminded myself to take the magnifying glass whenever I make a purchase so I can read the 2-point type that reveals what -- if any -- pesticides were used in the production of the material.

ddz2,

ddz2

Great link, looney2nz; thanks. I noticed there were only a handful of growers in the program in WA state. Perhaps it's because it's not easy to grow entirely free of pesticides? I've seen a few videos of grow operations that are entirely pesticide-free, and they go to pretty extreme measures -- trays of disinfectant to dip shoes into before entering the grow environment, steam-cleaning the space after each grow, etc.

Last edited:

C No Ego

once those legal costs get to the point of not being worth it it's back to black market , lol.. now competition for best price happens.. it is always funny how our foods ( and ever important soils) are slammed full of petro chemicals and every one is concerned about a few weed plants= LOL

C No Ego,
Top Bottom