• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

7th Floor Vapor Tamers

cluffy

Vaker
I finally found a good deal on a compact fridge so I can keep my VT's close by... :-)

fridge

I also ordered an infrared thermometer, I'm Xmas shopping for myself early!! :D

<edit> I suppose I should post this now: Any info I've given on the Fatty VT up till now has been in error. When I ordered my Fatty I was mistakenly shipped an Original. I suspected as much but having nothing to compare it to I was convinced by Vito and SSV Chris that I had a Fatty. When I received my discount Original yesterday it was exactly the same size as my "Fatty". With some thanks to Vito, Chris is taking care of me in true 7th Floor fashion so I have no hard feelings.
I'll try and go back and edit any misinformation I've posted about the Fatty, but everything should be ok because anything I posted is describing the Original, when the Fatty is better. I hope this makes sense, I just took a few Saturn hits and I'm a little loopy...

CHEERS!

cluffy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
VaporEyeSore said:
Just noticed WeedStar have copied the Tamer. Looks like a Saturn comes in 14 and 18 and is $30
interesting :)

http://www.grasscity.com/int_en/weed-star-liquid-freezer-precooler-18-8mm.html
charliedontsurf said:
It's uglier, made by less competent artists in China, and isn't any cheaper. Typical grasscity weedstar stuff.
Uglier - Yes
Made by less competent artists in china - Maybe (Probably)
Isn't any cheaper - No?

7th floor saturn tamer - $94.99
This Weedstar thing - $30.00

Its a copy of the saturn, so should be judged against it for a fairer price comparison.

Having said that, this line worried me:

GrassCity said:
Place the pre-cooler in the freezer before use, making sure not to leave it in the freezer for more than 15 minutes as there is danger of glass breakage.

Sounds to me like they've filled it with water or something else that will actually freeze and expand in the freezer...

How cold would it even get in 15 minutes?

Also, they are marketing it as a pre-cooler for a bong...
When I tested my original Tamer with my Nautilus Inline, The air I got out of it didn't seem any cooler...
It was like to water sucked all of the coolness out of the air...
I might need to re-test that though.

Frederick McGuire,

cluffy

Vaker
The Weed Star product may LOOK like a Saturn copy, but let's look at the differences. The Weed Star is 205mm long by 38mm in diameter. The Saturn is 215mm long by 50mm in diameter. The Saturn also has one more loop in its inner tubing. Most of all though, I don't believe 15 minutes in the freezer will lower the temperature much, and if you can't freeze it completely it can't compare with ANY Vapor Tamer. What are the chances that one would put it in the freezer and forget about it, only to find $30 worth of broken glass when opening the freezer in a day or so? I don't think it's fair to compare the two.

As for vapor bonging with the VT, I've only done it through water first then through the VT. I love it but I only occasionally use the bong, a nice cold VT works fine for me.

cluffy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Cluffy, I completely agree with you that the weed star tamer looks pretty crap. (I try to keep an open mind about weed star, some of their items do look pretty good for their price, even if they wont perform as well as the same item made by better artists - sometimes I'm willing to sacrifice some performance to save $$)

I don't agree with you that it can't be compared to a saturn...

It's a direct rip off of the saturn... Just a pretty poor looking one...

Its like comparing a ferrari to a billy-cart shaped like a ferrari, but the similarities are there...

I probably wasn't clear enough in my last post that I think it looks like a complete waste of $$, its just that CDS said it wasn't any cheaper (I'm assuming he was comparing it to the discounted original tamer) which I don't think is 100% fair, give that they are only that cheap now that they have been made sorta redundant by the saturn and fatty.

The weed star Tamer is an example of where the $$ saving doesn't make up for the drop in performance IMO...

Frederick McGuire,

cluffy

Vaker
Ok, I guess you can compare anything you want Frederick. :)
I got my care package from 7th Floor, it was much more than I expected, props to Chris & 7th Floor!!

It seems to me that the Fatty has a less restricted airflow than the Saturn, but I would still take the Saturn any day over the Fatty just because it stays colder longer. I worked on a video of the 3 tamers together today, but I didn't get the results i wanted. I think this is the 4th take and the 2 after were worse so this is what it is for now, will try again tomorrow if possible...

Put it in HD!!

Enjoy! original+fatty+saturn

cluffy,

cluffy

Vaker
I don't need an excuse, but I should say that I DID get the results that I wanted, the video just didn't turn out as I would've liked... :ko:

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
What did you guys think of the music...
cluffy knows how to ...."keep cool, boy.?..!"

Vitolo,

chameleon

Howdy partnaas!

Am new to the site, new to vaporizing (uninitiated), actually this is my first post. Hooray!

Anyways...

- I was wondering how many minutes the Original VT stays cool for?
(Cluffy, you said the Saturn stays cool for about 15 (or 20) right?)

- How is the experience better when using a VT compared to without? (More relaxing/ enjoyable/ tasty...) Is effect or potency of overall vaping session enhanced?

- What's the advantage of a VT over a simple ice chamber? Does one cool the vapor temperature (or moisten) significantly more than the other?

- Do you think the VT will physically work well with a RockZap or with an HerbalAire? These are the 2 vapes I'm considering buying.

Probably very strangely to most people here, I'm actually not getting a vape for cannabis use (honest!) - I want to try it for western/ chinese herbs. I am reluctant about the RockZap because it is not adjustable by temperature... maybe it will be too hot (/ cool) than optimal for my herbs...?

So... good to make my first post. Appreciate any advice about the above.

Chameleon

chameleon,

cluffy

Vaker
some quotes from Chameleon with answers from me, mixed it all up, hope i didn't break any copyright laws...

- I was wondering how many minutes the Original VT stays cool for?
(Cluffy, you said the Saturn stays cool for about 15 (or 20) right?)

yes, a good solid 20 minutes - probably a 1/2 hour if you put a 'coozy' on it. Still haven't found the time for the VT endurance test.

- How is the experience better when using a VT compared to without? (More relaxing/ enjoyable/ tasty...) Is effect or potency of overall vaping session enhanced?

it's definitely smoother and more comfortable to hit, but I think the only reason the effect might be better is that you can hold the vapor longer and get more of its potency. <correct me if I'm wrong sciencey people>

- What's the advantage of a VT over a simple ice chamber? Does one cool the vapor temperature (or moisten) significantly more than the other?

I think it's cooler than an ice chamber because the vapor is traveling through a radiator type system. In my experience the VT cools more than an ice bong. The advantage is not having to deal with melting ice, in my small bong that leads to 'too wet' hits.

- Do you think the VT will physically work well with a RockZap or with an HerbalAire? These are the 2 vapes I'm considering buying.

I know it works with the RockZap, it just takes a piece of 7th Floor tubing which fits over the RZ stem and into the VT. I'm guessing it would be possible to adapt the Herbalaire as well. If you can hook it up to 7th Floor tubing it will work with the VT. I bet 7th Floor would add a short piece of tubing with your VT order if you asked.

Hopefully an HA owner with a VT will chime in here, but don't hold your breath... :o

Now that I see you're going to vape Chinese herbs and such I suggest going to the Ask FC section and doing more research around the web in order to choose the right vaporizer, I am not experienced in such matters.

Best of Luck and

CHEERS!

Wow, RZ or HA, they're 2 completely different vapes. Keep researching and make a choice, you won't regret it either way once you make the leap!

cluffy,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Just a heads up, until Nov. 29th you can use the promo code "THANKS30" at the DBV and SSV sites to get 30% off everything which makes the blemished vapor tamer only $10! You need to have an account and be logged in for the code to work.

aesthyrian,

ChickenSurfer

After wanting one of those saturn pieces for a while, this sale made them too hard to pass up. I'm rather interested in trying it out with both a bub and a bong - it's rare to hit an iced bub, and whenever hitting an iced bong the cooling is effective at the end of the smoke/vapor path rather than prior to diffusion. I'm also interested to see if the vapor tamer can make dry vaping fun again, as GonG vaping has me loving the WPA and hating the transfer wand. Can anybody lend any extra insight here?

Oh also, as a taste enthusiast, can anyone speak to whether the vapor tamer allow you to take "white-wall" vapor hits without a WPA and a bub/bong? I've never been able to create smoke-nearing vapor density without hitting through a waterpipe, which can kill alot of the taste with higher diffusion.

ChickenSurfer,

cluffy

Vaker
ChickenSurfer, suffice it to say that you will be happy. I only use the bong once in a while now. With a frozen Vapor Tamer always nearby it's just easier to take the cool route. Think York Peppermint Pattie... :brow:

cluffy,

pngwyn

After one of my sessions my VT randomly started leaking from the little glass bead >.< I didn't hit it or anything that should have affected it.. it seems to just have a tiny little crack that lets the glycerine to seep out..hope I can get a replacement as I just bought it earlier this month T.T

pngwyn,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Man, I love the folks over at 7th Floor! I used the 30% off promo code they had last week and bought two blemished vapor tamers, in what was stated as "standard size". Well today I get my package and I have one regular sized tamer(with the most OCD perfectionist blemish imaginable) and also a DBV branded Fatty sized tamer! These only cost a $10 and some change each, and now I have a $84 Fatty tamer! They always make the best mistakes. :)

Granted it is still blemished but I was not expecting a fatty sized tamer for $10!
I am going to freeze these now and hopefully get to testing them later tonight!

aesthyrian,

cluffy

Vaker
aesthyrian, I'm glad to hear of your good fortune. Enjoy your cool evening!!

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I still only have 1 vapor tamer... the Fatty Vapor Tamer.
I have had it a long while now.. and I still swear by it!
I have found a way to use it with almost every vape I own, through connection maneuvering!
I have not seen any other glycerin cooler on the market that can compare!

Vitolo,

ChickenSurfer

So this morning a pretty brown package came in the mail, containing.... not the Saturn Vapor Tamer I ordered, but a Fatty Vapor Tamer. Looks like it's time to talk to 7th Floor. It's too bad, as over the past years I've never had an order filled improperly by 7th floor prior to now. Cluffy, maybe you can shed some light on the replacement process - am I gonna be stuck shipping this thing back on my own dime?

ChickenSurfer,

cluffy

Vaker
ChickenSurfer said:
So this morning a pretty brown package came in the mail, containing.... not the Saturn Vapor Tamer I ordered, but a Fatty Vapor Tamer. Looks like it's time to talk to 7th Floor. It's too bad, as over the past years I've never had an order filled improperly by 7th floor prior to now. Cluffy, maybe you can shed some light on the replacement process - am I gonna be stuck shipping this thing back on my own dime?

I doubt it very much. I'm betting they'll hook you up righteously. I'd go ahead and freeze that thing up and use it, you've waited long enough!!

cluffy,
Top Bottom