SideKick by Elev8 Vehicles

Choices

Only had the V-1. It was unique using and growing accustomed to the Wattage expression of available heat as compared to F• temperature. It is hard hitting. It think I may have mismatched a pair of 18350 cells. The body got really hot one time when I was pretty loose about matching the cells. This is all I can think I did differently. I have a number of other vapes and in fact it kinda spooked me a bit. That was about three months ago. I should order a pair of matching cells and give it a go. I’m gonna go get a pair of 18350s now!:nod:

Choices,
Reactions: arb
Here's solid feedback since I use both. Elev8 people can probably confirm for sure, but here are the differences I see:
1- Both top and bottom pieces both got improved slightly to be fit on and off more easily. The V1 parts sometimes get jammed or come off too easily.
2- V2 uses one big 18650 battery whereas the V1 requires you to use two 18350 in series. You have to charge and use the two batteries together so that they age the same. A V2 lost voltage on me sooner than i expected once or twice on a camping trip, but overall i think it's meant to last much longer than the V1

I don't know of any other differences- I think that's all the Elev8 folks told me was the difference. I have zero issues with either model and use them almost exclusively when I want to use a portable. I use Sidekick because I get actual hits instead of lame sips, it's super easy to clean out, and there is zero plastic or electronics smell. I also like stirring the bowl compulsively while I inhale.

full disclosure... I'm working with Vaporwarehouse.com and they sell both models.
I very much enjoyed my bowl of popcorn and reading every page of this thread just now.
If i were to ever use this vape i would 100% never take my fingers off of the stir tool lol, i would say that is the most intriguing thing about this vape to me

DennisFlonasal,
Reactions: 364F

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I just ordered a Sidekick V2 and it gets here middle of next week. I really love convection vaporizers and from reading this thread I think I'll dig this one. I'm a fan of 7th Floor vapes in general.

beyond6strings,
  • Haha

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes that vaporizer is intriguing, knowing the quality level of the 7thFloors devices I always hesitated to grab one also but never took the plunge... is somebody got one from years ago and is still using it in a regular basis despite to be not a daily driver probably...?

PPN,
  • Sad

arb

Semi shaved ape
Worst vaporizers I have if it wasn't for the bags it would have been a complete loss.

arb,

Choices

Worst vaporizers I have if it wasn't for the bags it would have been a complete loss.
Not sure what your collection has in it but yeah it is quirky for sure. I think I remember you jumped on the sale Everyonedoesit had on these around the same time I did. It is built solid and hits hard for me. I haven’t the interest in getting a V2 of it with all the other options I’ve got but I’ll keep it around. I have those new 18350s so perhaps I’ll dig it out today sometime....

beyond6strings

Not sure what your collection has in it but yeah it is quirky for sure. I think I remember you jumped on the sale Everyonedoesit had on these around the same time I did. It is built solid and hits hard for me. I haven’t the interest in getting a V2 of it with all the other options I’ve got but I’ll keep it around. I have those new 18350s so perhaps I’ll dig it out today sometime....

That makes me feel a little better. I'll have more to report Wednesday evening.

beyond6strings,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Do you means the 7thFloor vaporizers to be the worst or the SideKick only? But the SK doesn't fill bags from my understanding... imho DBV&SSV (the only ones I used) are great vaporizers, the technology seems outdated but works very well.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Do you means the 7thFloor vaporizers to be the worst or the SideKick only? But the SK doesn't fill bags from my understanding... imho DBV&SSV (the only ones I used) are great vaporizers, the technology seems outdated but works very well.
I mean the hempster bag it comes in and the model,the portable sidekick made by 7th floor.
I love the ssv,dbv and lord knows the lsv the elev8r not so much.
😂

kadjo

I grabbed one of the v2 units for the collection. I love 7th floor, but this vape seems like it will take a little work to find a groove with. It can combust at the higher temps. More of a session style vape. I will keep in collection as part of the 7th floor section not sure how much it will be used, probably in the category of "I'll give it another try every couple weeks or so when I think of it category."

kadjo,

beyond6strings

How is your experience with this unit going?
🐈
Okay. It’s not a TM by any stretch. But given the size of the bowl it’s perfect for nighttime meds and it’s gotten me properly high.

Battery lasts a long time, but it needs to since it takes 2+ minutes to get to 7.5-8.

I’m a bit mystified as to how it can turn my ABV to the same color as my vapcaps but without the vapor production you’d assume.

First two to three hits are tasty and relatively thick and then tapers off at the end. I’ve spent more money on worse vapes. And the bag is lovely. I’ll use it when I travel; for my TM. 😎

beyond6strings,
  • Love

beyond6strings

UPDATE: I've become more than okay with this vaporizer. I'm using it primarily for night time meds and it's doing that job really well. I run it at 7.5 for one 7 minute cycle, stirring all the while, and then finish it off in another shorter session of about 4-5 minutes at 8.5.

It's perfect while I read or watch something on the computer before bed. And I do like the fit and finish and form and function.

grimace

I got one on the way I do hope I be happy with it the sidekick v1 it got a 45% off and you can add coupon code

grimace,

Choices

For those who have always been curious about the Sidekick, it is currently on sale for a very reasonable price. Granted it is the older V1 model which uses dual 18350 cells, but it comes with four of them and a decent external charger for them as well. If you go to the Elev8 website mentioned above it is on sale for 45% off of the $125 price, so $68.75. But it gets better! Currently the promo code “INFLATION” takes 25% more off, but it is 25% off of the $125, so altogether 70% off for a before shipping price of only $37.50!! The four 18350 cells, external charger and carrying bag alone are easily worth this amount. I already own one and while quirky, in that the heating increments are in Watts, it is a strong conduction device that has a reputable company behind it. So in spite of my extended T-break I went ahead and grabbed another one and hopefully the price will attract others on here to consider it as well. Peace!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I have 2 and want to try them but I have to wake up the batteries. There is a way to do this but I forget.

Custom Flower Hardware,

Adobewan

For those who have always been curious about the Sidekick, it is currently on sale for a very reasonable price. Granted it is the older V1 model which uses dual 18350 cells, but it comes with four of them and a decent external charger for them as well. If you go to the Elev8 website mentioned above it is on sale for 45% off of the $125 price, so $68.75. But it gets better! Currently the promo code “INFLATION” takes 25% more off, but it is 25% off of the $125, so altogether 70% off for a before shipping price of only $37.50!! The four 18350 cells, external charger and carrying bag alone are easily worth this amount. I already own one and while quirky, in that the heating increments are in Watts, it is a strong conduction device that has a reputable company behind it. So in spite of my extended T-break I went ahead and grabbed another one and hopefully the price will attract others on here to consider it as well. Peace!
Hi @Choices I'm not able to get the "INFLATION" promo code to work. Where were you applying that?
Thanks in advance.

Adobewan,

Choices

Hi @Choices I'm not able to get the "INFLATION" promo code to work. Where were you applying that?
Thanks in advance.
Looks like I must have found a code loophole that they closed up after seeing it come through on my order. They honored mine but I just tried again and it isn’t working. You can use the code “ELEV8NOW” to knock about $7 off and there is a little cheaper shipping option with USPS offered. Gets it down to under $62. It isn’t as good as the other price but still pretty solid for what you get. Had I not found that loophole I was planning to use this method. Weird thing is you can’t get two at the lower price of $68.75 on one order. It will only allow one. Anyway hope this helps!

Choices,
Reactions: Adobewan
Top Bottom