SideKick by Elev8 Vehicles

biohacker

I just dont see this failing.
I mean cmon, look who is behind it!

Did you not read @lwein's post about some of 7th Floor history?? And just IMO 7th Floor isn't what it used to be. However I respect the simplicity of their design and especially bang for the buck. I think it may be much harder to pull off in a portable but i'm open minded and very much looking forward to it.

rosedale

Did you not read @lwein's post about some of 7th Floor history?? And just IMO 7th Floor isn't what it used to be. However I respect the simplicity of their design and especially bang for the buck. I think it may be much harder to pull off in a portable but i'm open minded and very much looking forward to it.

I generally agree with your comments about simplicity and bang for the buck from 7th Floor but they are proposing a $300 portable vape that has some sort of mechanism that car stir during the session. It might be great (and I am still looking forward to seeing it) but it is veering off course for value and simplicity right out of the gates.

**EDIT:

When I read this it came off as overly negative which was not my intent. I really love my LSV and I am optimistic that this one could be a great portable. I just think that 7th Floor has done this product a disservice by putting it up without pics and further tweaked everyone with the checkbox about "I promise I won't cancel my preorder if it is late". It just opens things up for so much speculation.

Last edited:

Lowkey

I have to say when I saw that it wasn't pictured and I couldn't find a picture on google I decided not to preorder immediately.

As I read further I saw "Pre-orders are scheduled to ship this 2015 holiday season, however delays due to unforeseen circumstances are a possibility that could delay until mid February."

Isn't it odd that its supposed to be here by Christmas yet supposedly unforeseen circumstances could delay it until a oddly specific mid February? If its supposed to be done by xmas how do you know an unforeseen circumstance would delay it until mid Feb?

Whatever this is all about it smells fishy. Seems like they need the money to actually build the units, apparently not even a good looking prototype exists.

I LOVE my SSV but this, the pen and that Super Surfer monstrosity are really turning me off 7th Floor.

Note: Even the text needs editing, just adds to the sketchy feel of it all.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
From 7th Floor:
We are currently in a holding period of getting photos produced until our #2 unit is finalized, and hope to have them available to the public by late next week. We are excited to share everything with our customers, but unfortunately must wait till all shareable materials are approved and ready for the public's viewing! We have verified our SideKick functions correctly, as the initial working prototype has gone through extensive testing, and passed with flying colors! The #2 prototype will incorporate all improvements we found while using #1 unit, and will be ready for public viewing shortly. We promise that 7th Floor is adhering to our usual high standards, and that you will be impressed with the SideKick's look and design. I personally cannot wait to get these pictures up! Thank You for being a Loyal 7th Floor Customer, we appreciate you and are nothing without you!
Thanks for sharing the info. Is there anywhere mentioned if they will accept and ship international orders?

vapen00b,

Frank Reynolds

I have to say when I saw that it wasn't pictured and I couldn't find a picture on google I decided not to preorder immediately.

As I read further I saw "Pre-orders are scheduled to ship this 2015 holiday season, however delays due to unforeseen circumstances are a possibility that could delay until mid February."

Isn't it odd that its supposed to be here by Christmas yet supposedly unforeseen circumstances could delay it until a oddly specific mid February? If its supposed to be done by xmas how do you know an unforeseen circumstance would delay it until mid Feb?

Whatever this is all about it smells fishy. Seems like they need the money to actually build the units, apparently not even a good looking prototype exists.

I LOVE my SSV but this, the pen and that Super Surfer monstrosity are really turning me off 7th Floor.

Note: Even the text needs editing, just adds to the sketchy feel of it all.
They added the February part after they originally posted everything because that wasn't there the first time and it wasn't in my original quotes. That's THREE separate mentions now that there "could" be a delay.

Hey at least no one who pre orders has any excuse to complain I guess hahaha.

Lowkey

From 7th Floor:
We are currently in a holding period of getting photos produced until our #2 unit is finalized, and hope to have them available to the public by late next week. We are excited to share everything with our customers, but unfortunately must wait till all shareable materials are approved and ready for the public's viewing! We have verified our SideKick functions correctly, as the initial working prototype has gone through extensive testing, and passed with flying colors! The #2 prototype will incorporate all improvements we found while using #1 unit, and will be ready for public viewing shortly. We promise that 7th Floor is adhering to our usual high standards, and that you will be impressed with the SideKick's look and design. I personally cannot wait to get these pictures up! Thank You for being a Loyal 7th Floor Customer, we appreciate you and are nothing without you!

I look forward to seeing it.

skyvaper

Im intrigued by this vape and hope to see the pics soon. I would also like to know whether its conduction or convection or possibly a hybrid.

As far as the super surfer goes I actually thought the light included was interesting and would allow you to see the vapor production especially if that was the only light turned on but I remember most hated the idea from what I read in the thread.

AngryJon

From 7th Floor:
...We have verified our SideKick functions correctly, as the initial working prototype has gone through extensive testing, and passed with flying colors! The #2 prototype will incorporate all improvements we found while using #1 unit, and will be ready for public viewing shortly.

Wait, they're announcing for 2 months away and they've only made one prototype so far? If they're two months away from release the only question on their minds should be how to bulk produce these units. They cannot still be designing the thing.

As others have stated, I'm getting the sense they're trying to crowd fund here.

Gerry13

I love my DBV, and I get the impression that 7th Floor is pretty trustworthy, but yeah...it's kinda like they're doing their own Kickstarter campaign, but without pictures. This thing ain't cheap either. They probably came up with that Super Surfer to compete with all those fancy new vapes, but I agree that they'd be better off sticking with what they're good at instead of cobbling together a bag vape or putting a 7th Floor sticker on a mediocre-at-best pen vape.

Frank Reynolds

From their Instagram:

BFKRJIq.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/84JPjbDzmo/

Frank Reynolds

I think if they implemented the stirring in a way that didn't require significant extra cleaning/hassle it would be amazing. My ONLY hangup with convection vapes is having to stir to get the best hit and having that built right in would be a great feature.

When I first saw this thread I was pretty excited. And why not? A new high end portable from arguably one of the better vape companies around. However, as most of you have already expressed, the more I learnt the more disappointed I felt. It really just feels like a desperate attempt to exploit the company's support base in order to fund a new product. It is being marketed for the 2015 holiday season yet may or may not be ready in time. Of course customers should prepay for the privilege of .... umm what exactly?? :doh::hmm::rant: It would seem unlikely that a proper round of beta testing has been carried out from what I have read. It would also seem unlikely that this vape has been perfected into a fully realized form. The lack of a picture is really just a joke. I think this is one of the poorer attempts to launch a new vape that I have seen. I'm still hopeful that it will be a good product and may purchase it in the future. But honestly how could 7th Floor really expect any of us to part with our hard earned cash based on the garbage they have presented us with thus far.

HD Springer

How can they assure us it's not another all china made in China vaporizer that will be rebranded the exact same time it's made. That's my only real worries. The lsv is a great plug in vape no matter the brand. It's unreal how hard it hits. 7th floor turned many a combuster into vaporist got to give them props and I hope it's a great portable. Sounds like it's got great qualities.

TeeJay1952

If they want to cash in on the portable market they may be frightened by new players popularity and this is a preemptive strike to get you to pause purchase till they are ready.

TeeJay1952,
Reactions: steama

stickstones

Vapor concierge
For this vape I am going to wait for feedback from the community before I buy.

I recommend this for any vape!

So I hollered at my 7th Floor rep yesterday to get some scoop. The cat will be fully out of the bag in about three weeks regardless, because they plan to have some units at Champs in early November for a reveal.

I can say they are well beyond the prototype stage. It has been in development for years and, like S&B, a lid was kept on it until recently. This seems to be the way the established companies release vapes now.

I'm not going to say much, because I don't know how much they want out there yet, but I was impressed enough to pre-order one. There are a lot of features on this thing. I don't think it hits all the talking points for a portable, but it hits most of them...stay tuned!

Top Bottom