• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

SideKick by Elev8 Vehicles

DrFunkyMD

Oh man I hope this runtime issue gets sorted out. I found my Arizer Air had a runtime of about an hour. I can't see why the Sidekick can't match or even beat this. The Arizer Air was tiny.

Justpassedu

Do you find the stated 20 to 25 minute run-time exciting? If you were to take this vape on a camping trip you would need a cool two dozen worth of batteries. The run-time is so ultra short it should be a considered a crime.

:2c:
I agree , run time killed it for me , a portable should at the least have 40mins-1hr. They should have went with a single or dual 18650 cell in there. It still may be a great product, i love the 7th floor ss & lsv but gotta hold off on this also due to the lack of runtime.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: steama

grokit

well-worn member
20-25 minutes of run time sounds to me like this is right in between the hopper and the crafty. Coincidentally, it seems to be right in between these two in size as well. If it extracts like these other two portables, I think we have a winner here. This battery "issue" seems to be much ado about nothing :2c:

Harmoniousliving

Agreed steama. I never ordered buthe was literally dialing numbers. That run time is not cool. Especially higher Temps. That means no water usage. I'm out. You think if they were working on this vaporizer for over 6 years they might have thought about battery life and try to extend more...20 minutes come on.
And grokit I believe it's much ado about something. Battery,life means a lot. Which is why I have 6 batteries for the gh. That's different though...

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
20-25 minutes of run time sounds to me like this is right in between the hopper and the crafty. Coincidentally, it seems to be right in between these two in size as well. If it extracts like these other two portables, I think we have a winner here. This battery "issue" seems to be much ado about nothing :2c:

A battery "issue" is an issue when it's dead every time you want to use it or dies after 2 uses. Yea no one will care anything about that with a vape lol.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
They will be giving a best case scenario on battery life.
Car makers do the same thing with mpg figures. Yes it will do x amount per gallon but on a rolling road with no wind resistance.
The Efest 700mah is low mah wise but from what I've read they can discharge at 10A which is okay. RBT's recommended cells are 2500mah/20A. The higher this A, amp, figure the better. Unfortunately the 700mah or even the 900mah part is poor. There will be a lot of battery management involved. Quick charge time at 1.5 to 2 hours ish.
They would have been better off going for series 18650's and added the extra bulk. They are a well respected company I am sure if they had said at the beginning 'Look we can do this but in order to do it we have to make it like this' people would have been a lot keener.
A model cost pence to knock up and gives everyone a sense of proportion when compared to every day objects.
I wish them all the best and look forward to hearing real time usage reviews.

grokit

well-worn member
For me a portable's run-time is a paramount concern of course others may not have the same needs. Last post in this thread. :peace:

A battery "issue" is an issue when it's dead every time you want to use it or dies after 2 uses. Yea no one will care anything about that with a vape lol.
At least you can replace the battery easily on the fly; I forget, is it proprietary like the gh?
The crafty seems to be pretty successful with a similar capacity, and no way to change it out.
:horse:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
We are still ironing out the wrinkles with a 7th Floor discount for you guys and here's where we are now...

-no more code at checkout.
-click the link in my sig to get a 10% automatic discount without dealing with me.
-private message me to put together something that gets you a better deal.

The Sidekick is already discounted for pre-orders, so the discount won't work on it until it goes to full price later.

Thanks and holler at me with any questions!

PDwasmy1st

Thanks and holler at me with any questions!
Hi Sticks
I'm getting rather interested in this!
With the bubbler it's $260, so how much more discount can i get off?
When's the due date for this at the moment?
Is it wise to get a 3rd of 4th battery? I've read earlier they last 20 to 25 mins each so 3 or 4 batts for a night out?
Are these normal type battery shapes? [aaa's] did i read 700mah? this concerns me as Magic flight is like 2450mah or am i getting it wrong?
Is it free postage overseas?

PDwasmy1st,

Likes2vape

Hi Sticks
I'm getting rather interested in this!
With the bubbler it's $260, so how much more discount can i get off?
When's the due date for this at the moment?
Is it wise to get a 3rd of 4th battery? I've read earlier they last 20 to 25 mins each so 3 or 4 batts for a night out?
Are these normal type battery shapes? [aaa's] did i read 700mah? this concerns me as Magic flight is like 2450mah or am i getting it wrong?
Is it free postage overseas?
@stickstones said above that he can not offer any more of a discount on the sidekick as its already on sale. It comes with 2 sets of batteries so 4 total which should give you a run time of around an hour or so.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
2 sets of batteries so 4 total which should give you a run time of around an hour or so.

Let's be a little more realistic here. 1 set of batteries are 20-25 min run time so 2 sets (4 batteries) are 40-50 min run time. The way you put it makes it look like to could get more than an hour with 2 sets which I think it's stated 20-25 mins per set of batteries.

Likes2vape

Let's be a little more realistic here. 1 set of batteries are 20-25 min run time so 2 sets (4 batteries) are 40-50 min run time. The way you put it makes it look like to could get more than an hour with 2 sets which I think it's stated 20-25 mins per set of batteries.
I'm sorry you took it to mean more than an hour run time but to me 45-50 minutes is around an hour or so.

Likes2vape,

PDwasmy1st

@stickstones said above that he can not offer any more of a discount on the sidekick as its already on sale. It comes with 2 sets of batteries so 4 total which should give you a run time of around an hour or so.

Over 3-4 hours I do that so i think a 4 battery min. is required.
I wonder why they went with this method over 1 more powerful battery [that lasts as long as 4 of those] which you have in say an Eleaf E Cig TC [although that's a fixed non changable battery]

PDwasmy1st,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@PDwasmy1st - overseas shipping is never free! If you are ordering glass from 7th floor, you can use the link in my signature to get a discount on that separately, or pm me directly about it. @Likes2vape is correct that I cannot discount the sidekick now, but only after it goes to full price.

stickstones,

YungLeaner

Can't see the niche here, or why it's better than the Arizer portables. More portable...But less adaptable? The cooling vortex rod is cool, but it looks like an absolute reclaim magnet. A WPA and video of it would go a long way, but conduction vapes aren't really suited for water anyways. The battery life wouldn't be an issue, if it were convection. But at this price, I could have 3 flowermates in every color and approx. 6 bongs from DHgate to hit them through, if I was looking for conduction through water.

I really only see this vape competing on the strength of its company name. My SSV is top notch. But the history with their VIP pen (Atmos rebrand/semi-rebrand passed off initially as new technology, before backtracking while leaving price absurdly high) gives me a lot of pause when they come out with a new portable, claiming new technology.

Gameface

I'm a bit disappointed in 7th Floor. I have sent them multiple messages through their website asking some questions about my pre-order and after weeks I haven't gotten a response. It says they'll respond within 24hrs, but that's not true. I could have written my questions on a piece of paper and thrown it in the trash and been more satisfied.

Still looking forward to getting this in a few weeks.

Still wondering when they're gonna ask pre-order customers what options/color they want. Seems like they'd want to do that sooner rather than later.

Gameface,

Gameface

So at what point in February should I assume they are not going to make their Valentine's Day promised delivery if they don't ask what color or other options I want?

Will they update us or let the date pass in silence?

Gameface,
Reactions: AJS

Gameface

Anyone get the email from 7th Floor saying that their initial run of 300 units started on 1-25-16 and that although it will eventually be released in many colors the initial run will all be traditional silver surfer aluminum?

So I imagine as a pre-orderer I'm stuck with silver? Guess I know why they never got back to me on my question of when I would be able to select the color.

Got to say, that's a disappointment. Along with the short battery life. I'm gonna give it a good run but I'll have my eye on that 30-day satisfaction guarantee for sure.

Top Bottom