SideKick by Elev8 Vehicles

little maggie

I came so close yesterday. But I'm waiting for a zion and a dynacap and, as some here have said, don't want to spend so much on the initial product. Not likely to buy it at all now.

Herb-nerd

7th Floor: Engineer & Designer
Company Rep
i wonder if a deal involving a 7th floor desktop could reduce the price of the handheld.

ill pass it on - i want to the price as low as you guys, but the business aspect means it is hard to get pushed through :D

stickstones

Vapor concierge
To follow up on @Herb-nerd 's post about my involvement with 7th Floor on the forum, here's how I can be of the most help to you guys...

If you want a cheap, blemished unit when they are available, just go to the 7th Floor site and get one. They are a great deal and can't be beat.

If you want anything else that is standard, shoot me a pm. I'll quote you guys on anything they have, but where I can really help is when you want a package of stuff or a pimped out unit. I'm ordering and playing with as much of it as I can so I can best lead you to a package that really suits your needs.

For instance, I just got a sweet kit that is a green/yellow SSV with the aromatop, minicycler, two different heater cover/wand combinations, custom wand and mouthpiece and some connectors for glass. If you wanted any stuff like this, I'm confident you can get a better deal through me instead of elsewhere. Personally, I'm in love with the aromatop, and therefore prefer the ground glass heater cover so I can go hands free while smelling good!

So the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals are over. If you missed out, holler at me and let's see what we can do!

And I'll be getting a Sidekick as soon as they are released, so I'll be able to give you feedback on that as well.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I read the 14 pages and I have to confess that I've rarely had so much mixed feelings about a vape!

A part of me says "wow" and another part says "meh"...

I imagine it will be too similar to some models I already own to make me buy it, but I'm eager to read other members reviews!

AJS

Calm Consistency
I just wanna know if it's awesome already!!!!!!
7th floor makes some killer products, hope they don't botch their portable, hahaha.
If it doesn't beat the AAir/solo or maybe even the crafty at the price theyre listing, that would be disappointing.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I swear all this preorder shit is for people who love torture! I have never tried s 7th floor product (or too many desktop vapes for that matter besides the volcano and a old whip style box) but I am a huge fan of portables and sessions and this looks okay...it just looks plain and uninteresting.

Not that that has anything to do with vape quality, BUT if I saw pictures that made me drool like Z_ _ N (even though some think it's ugly) I would be forced to ignore better judgment and buy.

I'm an average American consumer...We ain't too hard to figure out.

Harmoniousliving

Well there hasn't been any promotional videos,hardly any real live clips of it in use yet I see Steve posting pics of the vape all the time. I just want a video in proper lighting of the vape being used dry and through water. Herb and concentrates

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Wasn't this suppose to be in people's hands by Christmas? Hmmmmm makes me think of why they put the "you won't try to get your money back" when you "preorder". They knew this isn't coming out til next February or March if they're lucky.

Edit: Looks like I'm right. Site says end of January.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Wasn't this suppose to be in people's hands by Christmas? Hmmmmm makes me think of why they put the "you won't try to get your money back" when you "preorder". They knew this isn't coming out til next February or March if they're lucky.

Edit: Looks like I'm right. Site says end of January.
I didn't want to make the promise either...it could be the best vape ever, but I'm actually not all that interested or excited about this based off the hype they are creating around this...so I can wait for a year for this thing before I start to get antsy about seeing real world reviews.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
I didn't want to make the promise either...it could be the best vape ever, but I'm actually not all that interested or excited about this based off the hype they are creating around this...so I can wait for a year for this thing before I start to get antsy about seeing real world reviews.
It's like you're in my head

High

From the second page of the thread:
I have to say when I saw that it wasn't pictured and I couldn't find a picture on google I decided not to preorder immediately.

As I read further I saw "Pre-orders are scheduled to ship this 2015 holiday season, however delays due to unforeseen circumstances are a possibility that could delay until mid February."

Isn't it odd that its supposed to be here by Christmas yet supposedly unforeseen circumstances could delay it until a oddly specific mid February? If its supposed to be done by xmas how do you know an unforeseen circumstance would delay it until mid Feb?

Whatever this is all about it smells fishy. Seems like they need the money to actually build the units, apparently not even a good looking prototype exists.

I LOVE my SSV but this, the pen and that Super Surfer monstrosity are really turning me off 7th Floor.

Note: Even the text needs editing, just adds to the sketchy feel of it all.

It's clear to me they knew they wouldn't be able to provide the product before Christmas but half way pretended they would be able to in order to entice people to pre order.

I'm really sick of these shady business tactics from vape companies and I would expect a lot more from a well established company such as 7th floor.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm really sick of these shady business tactics

Why are we always so quick to suggest a business is shady or underhanded? It's like we assume the worst. The post you quoted could also be interpreted as being pretty realistic, since an established company has experience in missing deadlines. Now if they don't release anything until next summer, I would be disappointed, but at this point nothing has gone astray from the first projections.

FoxyLone

The Sidekick will come with 2 sets of batteries. That will give nearly an hour of run time, if they are fully charged.

FoxyLone,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I have the strange feeling that immediately following the release of the sidekick, we will see a bunch of rebranded knock offs of this vape.

I have no evidence, so therefor it's just speculation.

But it just seems like a popular Chinese vape in the making....
*Simple display/software
*built in bubbler stem
*basic body style (no flare)

High

Why are we always so quick to suggest a business is shady or underhanded? It's like we assume the worst. The post you quoted could also be interpreted as being pretty realistic, since an established company has experience in missing deadlines. Now if they don't release anything until next summer, I would be disappointed, but at this point nothing has gone astray from the first projections.
They're interpreted to be shady because that's exactly what they are. Multiple members called it FROM THE GET GO. And now we have seen it play out EXACTLY like they said it would.

They put out a shipping date KNOWING they wouldn't be able to ship on or even near that date, so they put THREE disclaimers saying you can't have your money back even if you don't get it when they say you will.

If that isn't shady I don't know WHAT is.

High,
Reactions: smutman

Likes2vape

They're interpreted to be shady because that's exactly what they are. Multiple members called it FROM THE GET GO. And now we have seen it play out EXACTLY like they said it would.

They put out a shipping date KNOWING they wouldn't be able to ship on or even near that date, so they put THREE disclaimers saying you can't have your money back even if you don't get it when they say you will.

If that isn't shady I don't know WHAT is.
I don't think that just because it hasn't shipped yet it that they are shady. They said it may not ship until February 2016 and it probably would have been better just to say coming in February 2016.

I do agree the whole thing "agree to pre order no chargeback yada yada yada" is a bunch of trash. Your credit card company will always side with you so I don't think that disclaimer is worth much.

High

I don't think that just because it hasn't shipped yet it that they are shady. They said it may not ship until February 2016 and it probably would have been better just to say coming in February 2016.

I do agree the whole thing "agree to pre order no chargeback yada yada yada" is a bunch of trash. Your credit card company will always side with you so I don't think that disclaimer is worth much.
They never said it may not ship until Feb 2016. They said there could "possibly be unforseen delays."

Pretty sure if you already know it's not going to make it that isn't unforseen.

I'm just happy I saw through the shady marketing and decided not to pre order as tempting as it was.

Likes2vape

They never said it may not ship until Feb 2016. They said there could "possibly be unforseen delays."

Pretty sure if you already know it's not going to make it that isn't unforseen.

I'm just happy I saw through the shady marketing and decided not to pre order as tempting as it was.
Actually on their website where it says in red pre-orders are scheduled to ship mid to late January it used to say may not ship until February 2016. If they get it mid to late January I applaud them. At least they gave a more realistic launch date than other manufacturers.

stickstones

Vapor concierge

How is it shady to tell people from the get go that they can't have their money back? That seems pretty straight up to me. You may not like it, but it would have been shady to take your money first and tell you later that you can't have it back.

Top Bottom