Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thank you Vitolo, excellent response! (and others as well!)
I asked because I was deciding if I should get that spherical joint metal clip they offer with the LSV. Still not completely decided, but that's ok since I have a few weeks before I order it anyway.
I have not seen the clip tyou refer to, but at first impression, unseen, it sounds like it could reduce/limit your "spherical aiming"

Vitolo,

sempervirens

Yes, I imagine it would – having never used an LSV I don't know if that is a problem.
Do you think it would?
I think I won't get it, because while it would make it simpler to clear my piece (by simply taking the LSV+attached WPA out as one unit), it wouldn't allow me to clear the WPA of vapor.

sempervirens,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
TI was deciding if I should get that spherical joint metal clip they offer with the LSV. Still not completely decided, but that's ok since I have a few weeks before I order it anyway.
I bought one last friday, will be here in the morn, I'll review it and let you know about it in the afternoon.

Pesci

I'm personally not in favour of the WPA, it requires too much herb to get the right Vapour to air ratio.
EQ top hat pack and plonk it in the wand until my male/male 18mm adapter comes. Mmm thick clouds.
I think some EZ load baskets from the Cloud will make for even easier loads.

Pesci,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'm personally not in favour of the WPA, it requires too much herb to get the right Vapour to air ratio.
EQ top hat pack and plonk it in the wand until my male/male 18mm adapter comes. Mmm thick clouds.
I think some EZ load baskets from the Cloud will make for even easier loads.

You're using the EQ elbow with the LSV?

I guess it could work good, but I remember using the cloud with the elbow and boy the elbow screen was blocked with resin after 1-2 sessions...lol this would happen with the LSV as well...since its more efficient , right?

m0sh,

Pesci

Man, I haven't found that to be the case. Which WPA are you using?
Just the standard shorty. I'm on a massive conservation kick at the mo so anything more than what i'd pack into my Solo is too much.
You're using the EQ elbow with the LSV?
Yup, well no. Just the EQ Top hat screen. As it happens the EQ top hat and standard Solo stem are almost identical sized loads. :tup: Result.

What i do is get a top hat lay one slightly smaller screen in the bottom (unnecessary but i'm weird) pack with medium/fine grounds, no need to tamp.
Lay another screen the same size as the base on top. The smaller screens are what i'd normally use in a Solo stem.
Then take this Jerry-rigged EZ load bowl and insert it into the base of the (long) wand. I need to order a male/male glass adapter to avoid this because it looks extremely precarious. Insert wand into LSV then you can either hit it as you normally would or as i prefer just stick the mouthpiece into my bong and hit as normal.

I start at just on which is 8 O'clock then turn it up to 12 and once more at full blast.
Even with the load being nearly 2cm closer than it's intended design i've had no problems with combustion. I may dig out my SSV at some point and do a comparison but maybe not.
Safe.

P.S. I bought this to be a one hitter-quitter, it sure lives up to expectations.
Again 7th Floor you've done it again. :rockon:

Pesci,

m0sh

Just the standard shorty. I'm on a massive conservation kick at the mo so anything more than what i'd pack into my Solo is too much.

Yup, well no. Just the EQ Top hat screen. As it happens the EQ top hat and standard Solo stem are almost identical sized loads. :tup: Result.

What i do is get a top hat lay one slightly smaller screen in the bottom (unnecessary but i'm weird) pack with medium/fine grounds, no need to tamp.
Lay another screen the same size as the base on top. The smaller screens are what i'd normally use in a Solo stem.
Then take this Jerry-rigged EZ load bowl and insert it into the base of the (long) wand. I need to order a male/male glass adapter to avoid this because it looks extremely precarious. Insert wand into LSV then you can either hit it as you normally would or as i prefer just stick the mouthpiece into my bong and hit as normal.

I start at just on which is 8 O'clock then turn it up to 12 and once more at full blast.
Even with the load being nearly 2cm closer than it's intended design i've had no problems with combustion. I may dig out my SSV at some point and do a comparison but maybe not.
Safe.

P.S. I bought this to be a one hitter-quitter, it sure lives up to expectations.
Again 7th Floor you've done it again. :rockon:

Would you mine taking a picture? I understand that you use the metal top screen...doesn't it need to be cleaned very often...

m0sh,

Raf007

Retailer
Norlin, what happens to you is "normal" with an lsv WPA.
As said, because you stirr quite often, some herb materials fall into the water, way more than with your other vape.
The price to pay to get a clean,visible air path, with a natural draw I guess. ;)

Two things you can do:

Add a second screen. This reduces a lot the amount of small particules that pass through..
or
Add a second thinner scren, even better ;)

Also, Be careful when you stirr and change your water more often. :D

Raf007,

m0sh

So ... is there a common method for packing the LSV (with glass wand and with WPA) ? (like elbow packing for EQ?)

m0sh,

Bouldorado

has anyone had switch problems with the lsv? last night I went to turn it on, but the cover came off in my hand, leaving the plastic nub behind. Normally I wouldn't care since this is an easy epoxy fix, but the electrical stuff appears to be messed up as well. The light (and element) typically come on right after the click, but now there is no light or heat up or until the knob is nearly maxed out.

Bouldorado,

lookmomnohands

has anyone had switch problems with the lsv? last night I went to turn it on, but the cover came off in my hand, leaving the plastic nub behind. Normally I wouldn't care since this is an easy epoxy fix, but the electrical stuff appears to be messed up as well. The light (and element) typically come on right after the click, but now there is no light or heat up or until the knob is nearly maxed out.

Never had that happen to me but I have noticed that my knob is slightly "worn". It clicks just fine but I've noticed some resistance as I turn it to my preferred setting (around 1, 2 o'clock), as if the wires inside are getting kinda tangled or I've turned it too much. I've had similar problems happen on volume/tone knobs on electric guitars/basses. Still function fines, though I think mine might function slightly less than when I first got it. Could be all in my head though.

I'm curious as to whether or not the carry case can be washed or not? Hemp is easy enough to wash as I know from having various hemp clothes which have lasted me many years (needle and thread helps to keep them going):)However I'm not sure whether the interior is safe in the washing machine etc.
I'm also curious to know if the carry case can be washed or not? I've stupidly left it on the floor, open, and have gotten a good amount of cat hair in it that I would like to get rid off. I assume these are the exact same bags as Dimebags, just with the LSV label on it? Maybe I'll shoot DBs an email if that is the case.

lookmomnohands,

Raf007

Retailer
carry case can be wash, it's hemp.
@Bouldorado:
contact you reseller or 7th floor!.

Raf007,

Bouldorado

Yeah I'm writing 7th floor an email now. they do have good customer service; last time I sent the lsv in, they didn't even ask for proof of purchase:D

Bouldorado,
I'm also curious to know if the carry case can be washed or not? I've stupidly left it on the floor, open, and have gotten a good amount of cat hair in it that I would like to get rid off. I assume these are the exact same bags as Dimebags, just with the LSV label on it? Maybe I'll shoot DBs an email if that is the case.

I occasionally get doggy hairs on the inside of my lsv bag. I simply wrap some 2 inch clear packing tape around my fingers, sticky side out, and go over the bag thoroughly. Picks up all of the hairs very nicely.

Pesci

So ... is there a common method for packing the LSV (with glass wand and with WPA) ? (like elbow packing for EQ?)
I don't know how to post a picture but that's what I do with my LSV. And no it doesn't need cleaning too often as it runs warmer than the EQ.

Pesci,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Cleaning LSV and componants:
I have washed my LSV bag a few times, and it looks as good as it did on day one.
cold water, gentle cycle, dry on a line(hung by handles.
3.jpg

When I put my LSV away, I shake 91% Iso in the transfer wand (with screen in place)
Then I run hot water and dish soap through, followed by a rinse and a minute at the nozzle of vacuum cleaner.
My transfer wand is well over 2 years old, has it's original screen, and when I inform people it is NOT BRAND NEW, they think me a fibber!
6.jpg

lwien

When I put my LSV away, I shake 91% Iso in the transfer wand (with screen in place)
Then I run hot water and dish soap through, followed by a rinse and a minute at the nozzle of vacuum cleaner.
My transfer wand is well over 2 years old, has it's original screen, and when I inform people it is NOT BRAND NEW, they think me a fibber!
6.jpg

How often do you "put it away"?

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I put it away, every time I finish using it.
I keep my LSV stored in it's bag, clean.
There are dozens of vapes here ...out and plugged in.
My LSV isn't one of them... it stays in its bag, and gets used only a couple of times a day.

Vitolo,
Top Bottom