1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

7th Floor Life Saber (LSV)

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by aesthyrian, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Heos

Heos Member

I think the spherical LSV connection is a bit better in taste, but requires rotation to keep even. Used right, I think it can roast as even as the ground glass, but the bowl in general is wider.

And no, only tried GonG connections with SSV and DBV. I've used the standard SSV once, but it wasn't enough to say too much about it.
    vorrange likes this.
  2. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

So, if you consider function AND process, the spherical ends up winning, despite the larger bowl and the need for rotation, it would prevent eventual acidents more easily. Thanks man! :tup:
  3. Ethnobotanist

Ethnobotanist ........始解........

Interesting reading :) Unfortunately my LSV is still sitting unopened in the unopened parcel it arrived it.

Right now I feel too low to even consider vaping...I can only imagine how susceptible I'll be to burnout from even the tiniest vape. Hopefully after another weekend of convalescing, I'll be able to unbox and post up a mini review...

Gutted about wasting my holiday leave from work over the christmas/new year period being ill. It was nearly an entire year of holiday entitlement which I used up too:mad:
  4. itchmynipple

itchmynipple Member

how does the LSV stand up to an, inh, or a solo? / vice versa

besides the fact one isnt portable and the others are, im talking vapor cloud density n really getting the most out of your bud
  5. m0sh

m0sh Singer Song Writer Stoner

LSV is on the way!

Soon I'll join the LSV family!

I would like to thanks Vitolo for hooking me up and to vorrange who helped me decide on the LSV!

vorrange likes this.
  6. itchmynipple

itchmynipple Member

where did you order your LSV? im trying to make an account on there homepage as the LSV seems to be only 189.00$ but my computer must be messed up it Wont allow me to sign in OR order the device without signing in it, it wont go in my cart:doh:
  7. Heos

Heos Member

Owning the Solo I can say the LSV is leagues ahead of it. I love the solo now, and it provides great tasty milks of vapor, but nothing compares to the LSV. It's extremely dense vapor very quickly with an unhampered air path. It's just a machine honestly.
    xer0 and NewVape like this.
  8. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

In the area of extraction, it stands up the same, once you have the rythm...
    In the area of the size of hits, and also cloudage, the LSV has the advantage due to it's wide bore design.
    The draw on the LSV is MUCH freer that the draw on the vapes you mentioned, (which are not powered by outlet connection, but by battery)... so watch out!
    NewVape likes this.
  9. itchmynipple

itchmynipple Member

thanks man, im a pretty heavy smoker, rollin dime-dub joints a few times a day all day long, i cant wait to get out of that behavior. with a much clearer and healthier mind! with this vape quitting the smoking aspect should be much easier, this will be for my sunday relax days, so tolerance from smoking to vapor should dull out in time.

i was finally able to order the LSV! cant wait!

also, this would just be a cool bonus IMO, but does hash build up similiar to the SSV?
    newVaper420 likes this.
  10. NewVape

NewVape Got Glass?

Yes, yes it does. ;)
  11. itchmynipple

itchmynipple Member

12. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

This video originally is my "wand hash" video, but I did the titles on here to reflect a stop smoking message on a much more public venue, where another message other than "stop smoking" would not be appropriate. (they asked me for one that did not mention any MMJ related words)
    See the thickness of vapor~
    Steele Concept, m0sh and sempervirens like this.
  13. m0sh

Fantastic video Vitolo! Words can't describe the thickness of your vapor...wow

You said in terms of extraction this and the solo is the same...that must mean that the LSV will vaporize .1g faster than the solo correct?

I also see you stir a little bit, I'm guessing it because its hash (solo needs no stirring with herb IMO)

Like I said before, Vito hooked me up :)
    Vitolo likes this.
  14. tdandre

tdandre maconheiro revolucionario

it goes through this amount of plant a little faster than the solo, but i find it to work really better with a little more.
    and yes you have to stir to improve and even the extraction.
    Vitolo likes this.
  15. m0sh

I see...well not needing to stir with the Solo is probably its biggest advantage IMO

How much more would you use?

With the solo morning session is .1g ... after work session is .12g - .14g

With the cloud I remember using .16g
    Vitolo likes this.
  16. Krimidad

Krimidad Member

Is the WPA required, or can you just hold the LSV firm against a packed bowl for the same effect? I wish wickiepipe sold the WPA...
  17. m0sh

You have the long glass wand...
  18. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

In the vid, I use no WPA~
    I always stir, by habit, for tasty even hits... you can use it "stir free"
    (some prefer shaken and not stirred)
    natural farmer likes this.
  19. Steele Concept

Steele Concept Transformer Tubes Manufacturer

Great video Vitolo. I gotta try your puffing technique when not using the WPA. What setting did you have that on in the last video?
    Vitolo likes this.
  20. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

1 :30 on the dial
    Steele Concept likes this.
  21. m0sh

So how much you pack for the perfect size bowl? (.15g?)
  22. Steele Concept

Thanks Vitolo. I like 3:00 when using the WPA, without it 12 seems a bit low... between the two at 1:30 should be a sweet spot. Professional vaporist consultant Vitolo FTW.
    Vitolo likes this.
  23. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I pack it like I pack a DBV wand.
    .15 works.. I kind of like .2
  24. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

My settings on the LSV is the same with the WPA or the wand. 12:00-1:00 is perfect for me. 1:30 and it gets REALLY dark. 2:00 and I combust. All this with a medium draw, neither really slow or even remotely fast.

SC, I wonder why you have to up the temp when using the WPA. I'm using the shorty. I would imagine that the regular one keeps the bud a bit further from the HE and would therefore require a bit more heat, eh? Don't know which size you're using.
  25. Steele Concept

Perhaps lwien, I use the shorty. I also tend to rotate the unit to get an even spread, this probably disperses the heat more. I'll try switching to a lower temp and not rotating the LSV over the material. Like Vitolo says this thing is a vapor tool and as such there is gonna be some variation in use.

It's an art and a science ;)
    Vitolo likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors