• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

sweetherb

I don't know what's up with my LSV.

I used to combust at like 1:30-2 O'clock on the dial almost every time, now it's super light and I can't even combust with it cranked all the way.

I mean, it's alright like this but is it good to have set all the way every time you use it ?

Maybe the ceramic heater rod has slid back into the housing? This happened on mine too. Get some silicone gloves, take the glass cover off and gently pull the rod outwards. We are only talking maybe 1 or 2mm, but it makes a big difference. do NOT touch the rod with your bare hands or metal etc.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
here is version 2 with some important improvements over the first version. now the unit can slide in a bit to make it sit really stable, no problem to attach the wand or a whip. additionally i made some holders for 18mm glass joints.

still willing to go cut and send some out if someone is interested.
IFHXmrt.jpg

MqPAv0o.jpg

SShEGaB.webp

kNMygLr.webp

MWQsZxm.webp

hoptimum

It's been a while now, I find it highly unlikely at this point. Having the cord off the bottom is really my only gripe with the beast.

My major gripes were that it rolled around too much when I put it down and that it got too hot to hold, especially when vaping concentrates at high temps. I came up with this admittedly unattractive solution by wrapping a potholder around it and fastening it with zip ties

http://imgur.com/PZ2mqAv

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
If it stands vertical it doesn't get very hot. Lay out on its side like it was designed to do and it's hotter than hades!

If the cord just came out the side like a log vaporizer it would be great. Wouldn't get too hot, child be set down.... Though it would still be tall as hell.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
yeah, imo its unlikely they come out with a stand now after all this time...

there is a counterfeight of this vaporizer that addressed the cord going out sideways, it does improve the unit...however the original has an overall better feeling and versatility.

made the math, i can send out the parts for the stand i designed for $25 shipped worldwide. glueing and optionally sanding,finishing,painting is done by the receiver, this way it fits an envelope.
its laser cut swiss ecofriendly wood. poplar, birch or pine :)

however the original has an overall better feeling and versatility.

Not sure how cord placement affects versatility. If anything in this instance it makes the unit MORE versatile?

I'd of kept my original had they addressed the known cord issue. In the mean time I've been using the derivative design. Sitting upright is a HUGE plus.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Not sure how cord placement affects versatility. If anything in this instance it makes the unit MORE versatile?

I'd of kept my original had they addressed the known cord issue. In the mean time I've been using the derivative design. Sitting upright is a HUGE plus.
well yes you are right considering the standing. i thought about the ground glass, where the knock off has only a female 18mm joint, the original has also the outer spherical joint to use with the wpa. however i dont use the wpa very often..

well yes you are right considering the standing. i thought about the ground glass, where the knock off has only a female 18mm joint, the original has also the outer spherical joint to use with the wpa. however i dont use the wpa very often..

I always used the m2m basket method, never used a WPA on my original. I do miss the weight oddly enough, that and the anodization was nicer. But man, sitting up sure is neat.

Do you typically use direct draw or the m2m method? Mines pretty well regulated to water pipe usage, occasional whip mode.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I enjoyed the spherical glass joint and water pipe adapter a lot, but I honestly feel it's kind of gimmicky. I still had to stir, so wiggling the lsv all around was kind of silly.
I really wanted to like the male to male adapter more than I did, but likely cause it was a cheap one with improper screens. A couple basket screens would have made it better than a screen in the middle area... It isn't a good fit, warps the screen, and gets material trapped in it.
Sometimes I would just put the wand up to the bubbler lol it works but man that's some headspace!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I enjoyed the spherical glass joint and water pipe adapter a lot, but I honestly feel it's kind of gimmicky. I still had to stir, so wiggling the lsv all around was kind of silly.
I really wanted to like the male to male adapter more than I did, but likely cause it was a cheap one with improper screens. A couple basket screens would have made it better than a screen in the middle area... It isn't a good fit, warps the screen, and gets material trapped in it.
Sometimes I would just put the wand up to the bubbler lol it works but man that's some headspace!
Get an Arizer basket screen and install that in the tip of the 18mm male joint. Fill the Arizer basket with your blend (Not in between screens in the glass), it's close to the lsv screen so either breath quicker or turn the heat down.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
I always used the m2m basket method, never used a WPA on my original. I do miss the weight oddly enough, that and the anodization was nicer. But man, sitting up sure is neat.

Do you typically use direct draw or the m2m method? Mines pretty well regulated to water pipe usage, occasional whip mode.

usually its m2m method through water here! low heat (still rather hot with the lsv), this way i can keep the stirring to a minimum. with the stand i recently also tried direct whip which works great, wand is nice too, its a nice vape all in all :)
i too dont think rotatibg on the wpa helps a lot

its time to post this pic again:
M2_M.jpg

c by freddymcguire :)

i know, not all m2ms work good for this. all the ones i have from china bubblers (have lots), do have that small ring inside just where the ground glass joint starts. its the perfect lip to place a screen. exactly the way its seated in the transfer wand. placing it there gets easier but once there it stays!

Last edited:
usually its m2m method through water here! low heat (still rather hot with the lsv), this way i can keep the stirring to a minimum.

I highly recommend the eq basket method described by @SSVUN~YAH to both you and @Diggy Smalls , it seems to of increased efficiency considerably to my own m2m diy screen setup similar to the on you've posted. I've also really enjoyed using my Milaana stems with mine, but they require me to dial the heat down a tad.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
I highly recommend the eq basket method described by @SSVUN~YAH to both you and @Diggy Smalls , it seems to of increased efficiency considerably to my own m2m diy screen setup similar to the on you've posted. I've also really enjoyed using my Milaana stems with mine, but they require me to dial the heat down a tad.
while the eq basket method works fine i like my bowl a bit bigger, less repacking and easy stirring (i know eq basket doesnt need stirring)

funkyjunky,
Reactions: Morty

Vitolo

Vaporist
The stand rocks!
I will consider a similar situation after a time.
Does the cord rest on a flat surface inside, or is there a grovve for it inside?
(perhaps one picture of the inside of your new stand)

its time to post this pic again:
M2_M.jpg
@funkyjunky I use just that piece, and a Female to Male of even smaller size for some MONSTER hits.
....and time to post this one again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom