• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I like the idea of a better M2M, but short of a carb, I'm struggling to see what could be added...
I do actually have a carbed GonG being whipped up by @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd, but IMO a claisen/cloud buddy is really a pretty perfect setup with the LSV and m2m...

Those honeycomb screens look pretty useless to me - If I were to load that up with ground bud I'd expect a decent amount to get past those holes - leaving unvaped bud to dirty up my glass quicker...
So I'd still have to use a SS screen.

I've always thought a frit could make a cool "glass screen" for holding herb in a WPA, but the added drag and crazy amounts of cleaning it would require make it a bit impractical...

So far as I can tell, you can wedge a standard SSV wand screen into the base of ANY 18mm joint, just like the old school GonG SSV wands - there was no lip or anything to hold the screen, it just sits perfectly at the base of the 18mm joint.

Once I have my screen seated properly, it doesn't move at all :)
It stays put while stirring, and I never have to worry about it falling through or flipping over on me...
I don't even remove the screens once they've been seated - just throw the whole M2M+Screen in some ISO or PBW and it comes out clean :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new accessories/ideas, I just don't see much improvement to be made on the WPA...

@Herb-nerd - If you guys do look into basket screens, I just wanna throw out there that I personally much prefer the VXL ELB style of big basket for herb with a little basket lid. It gives peace of mind that your herb can't get accidentally puffed out of the wpa by some blowback, and you can effectively just shake the basket to stir :)
The only downside seems to be that they're picky about the joints they'll fit into - if you've got a m2m "trained" to one particular joint, it can be really loose or really tight in other joints...
Some guys also just use the EQ basket screen and load herb into that, which is cool, but IMO doesn't really add much over a screen inside the WPA aside from the load being ~1cm closer to the heat...
I know the EQ basket can also be used as a lid of sorts when using the standard m2m setup - but that sorta leads to the ELB being the more desirable configuration.

Side note - I don't think the stock WPA gets enough love - it's a pretty cool design that works really well...
Sadly I dropped mine while cleaning and it broke (:(), and I haven't replaced it yet, but IMO it's the nicest way to use the LSV if you're not using a claisen...

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I like the idea of a better M2M, but short of a carb, I'm struggling to see what could be added...
I do actually have a carbed GonG being whipped up by @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd, but IMO a claisen/cloud buddy is really a pretty perfect setup with the LSV and m2m...

Those honeycomb screens look pretty useless to me - If I were to load that up with ground bud I'd expect a decent amount to get past those holes - leaving unvaped bud to dirty up my glass quicker...
So I'd still have to use a SS screen.

I've always thought a frit could make a cool "glass screen" for holding herb in a WPA, but the added drag and crazy amounts of cleaning it would require make it a bit impractical...

So far as I can tell, you can wedge a standard SSV wand screen into the base of ANY 18mm joint, just like the old school GonG SSV wands - there was no lip or anything to hold the screen, it just sits perfectly at the base of the 18mm joint.

Once I have my screen seated properly, it doesn't move at all :)
It stays put while stirring, and I never have to worry about it falling through or flipping over on me...
I don't even remove the screens once they've been seated - just throw the whole M2M+Screen in some ISO or PBW and it comes out clean :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new accessories/ideas, I just don't see much improvement to be made on the WPA...

@Herb-nerd - If you guys do look into basket screens, I just wanna throw out there that I personally much prefer the VXL ELB style of big basket for herb with a little basket lid. It gives peace of mind that your herb can't get accidentally puffed out of the wpa by some blowback, and you can effectively just shake the basket to stir :)
The only downside seems to be that they're picky about the joints they'll fit into - if you've got a m2m "trained" to one particular joint, it can be really loose or really tight in other joints...
Some guys also just use the EQ basket screen and load herb into that, which is cool, but IMO doesn't really add much over a screen inside the WPA aside from the load being ~1cm closer to the heat...
I know the EQ basket can also be used as a lid of sorts when using the standard m2m setup - but that sorta leads to the ELB being the more desirable configuration.

Side note - I don't think the stock WPA gets enough love - it's a pretty cool design that works really well...
Sadly I dropped mine while cleaning and it broke (:(), and I haven't replaced it yet, but IMO it's the nicest way to use the LSV if you're not using a claisen...

Dammit, that settles It. Im getting an LSV WPA.

howie105

By all means consider an LSV when you consider it time for a new vape. With the right stand and glass you can enjoy many of the DBVs best features as well as the LSVs unique features. Sadly I am still looking for the right stand that is not made out of PVC pipe and Velcro.

sweetherb

I realize I am very late to this party, but I just picked up my brand new LSV with WPA yesterday.

I have to say, I am insanely impressed by this unit. Not only is the flavor great, it is really easy to disassemble and simple in design. When it comes to design, the simpler the better. Also love the carry bag it comes in. Fantastic.

So far, I have used it with the wand included (did not really like this at all) and with 3 of my glass pieces through the shorty WPA. I had to turn the dial up to about 3 o clock with the WPA, as the herbs are visibly quite a bit further away from the heater.

Obviously, you are not getting quite the kind of flavor or absolute precision in terms of temperature that an Aromed gives you, but I just love the way this thing can deliver a slap to the face in one hit.

I think more testing is needed. But lemon skunk or de la haze? All in the name of science.....

Last edited:

howie105

I realize I am very late to this party, but I just picked up my brand new LSV with WPA yesterday.

I have to say, I am insanely impressed by this unit. Not only is the flavor great, it is really easy to disassemble and simple in design. When it comes to design, the simpler the better. Also love the carry bag it comes in. Fantastic.

So far, I have used it with the wand included (did not really like this at all) and with 3 of my glass pieces through the shorty WPA. I had to turn the dial up to about 3 o clock with the WPA, as the herbs are visibly quite a bit further away from the heater.

Obviously, you are not getting quite the kind of flavor or absolute precision in terms of temperature that an Aromed gives you, but I just love the way this thing can deliver a slap to the face in one hit.

I think more testing is needed. But lemon skunk or de la haze? All in the name of science.....

May it serve you well. One thing you might want to consider playing with as you tune your set up. If you sandwich the load between two screens it will keep it from flying away from the heater (lower heat in my case) when you hit it and it browns a bit more evenly. Which is good because it is a pain to stir with two screens. One of the joys of the unit is that it lends itself to the tinkering. I got to go tinker now. :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
The one thing that I love about my LSV is that I find it to be a very visual vape. By this I mean I can have it set too hot and still be able to control the heat via my draw speed!

Using it hotter with a small load is awesome!! Instant white wall and smack to the face!! Stir and repeat and I am generally good for a few hours!!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Small load in what? The stock WPA? ELB?

lol, sorry!!!
I use whatever I feel like or is handy and clean...
Lately I have been using my VRIP bowl which is awesome but expensive.
Otherwise I use the M2M with an ELB or and EQ basket.
I also like using the transfer wand as I adjusted the glass a bit to fit an ELB or EQ basket.

I want to order a WPA for it as well.

mixchu69

Interesting, I can't quite get that instant whitewall action yet. Are you ripping it hard, or a long steady draw?
Yea, it takes awhile to get the whitewall effect, usually after a few hits or if I place shatter on top of my bowl. I read the same thing in the herbalizer post. People like to preheat the bowl to get whitewall. From cold, it takes a slow 15-20second draw at 3pm (using wpa). I can see the m2m white walling better because it's closer to the element.

mixchu69

I noticed that in most LSV videos. It's one of the reasons I sold my VXC, took half a lung to get it primed. I don't have that issue with the SSV HC, whitewall within seconds.

I wonder what the cause is? Is it cold glass robbing heat or just the distance the heat has to travel and buffer?
Great video. I need to learn that mod to my lsv. This thing has to be the most versatile vape on the market.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Interesting, I can't quite get that instant whitewall action yet. Are you ripping it hard, or a long steady draw?

It might be because I run mine hotter than I used to.
Mine usually takes about 2 seconds before it white walls.

Using the M2M takes a bit longer because the load is further away.
Using the EQ basket it is a lot quicker!

My VRIP on the other hand takes a few seconds to white wall but it is much denser and seems that last forever!! I always have to tap out before the vapor is done...

With the LSV I can go till I cash the load in one hit!

lazylathe

Almost there...
AK-47 in my VRIP full glass bowl.
WOW!!
The flavour and clouds are amazing!

I vote for this bowl and design, even though the glass screens are a pain they work great!
A quick dip in ISO and they are good to go!

The 19mm ground glass joint of the LSV rides perfectly in the bowl!!
Smooth a silk!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all!

So I have now dethroned my Nano and placed the LSV on my dedicated "Vape" Wemo Insight (smartphone controlled power outlet). This outlet also actively reads the power consumption of whatever is connected and reports via the app (sadly the app display rounds to the nearest whole digit, though I hear the data is recorded to the nearest thousandth digit in the XLS exported data)

Anyway my WeMo Insight is reading that at the 1-oclock position (medium temperatures for my ELB M2M setup), I am consuming 25 watts per hour of current. Compare this to my E-Nano which runs at around 10 watts of current (6.75 on the Nano's dial)

Interestingly enough, at maximum power, my E-Nano consumes 16 watts of current, while the LSV at max is consuming 32 watts of electricity!

Therefore, one could say the LSV is twice as powerful as the e-Nano!

stqyGIM.png

(Disregard the Estimated Monthly and average wattage, that was old data from the E-Nano. The true Estimated monthly for the LSV should be closer to $0.75 per month based on my current usage patterns)

Last edited by a moderator:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Would that work like the kill-a-watt meters sub users were using to "measure" their sub temp?

I'm so confused about the e-nano - I just don't get the hype...
I've used one once or twice, (owned by a friend), and to me it was pretty damn similar to the log experience I get with my wychwood, underdog and hot-pod...

I keep hearing "it's basically a lsv, but a log"
When really IMO, it's basically a log, with a different heater...

For clarity, I'm not saying the enano is bad, just that to me, it is a nice top quality log vape, which is an entirely different category to the real heavy hitters.

I would be happy to consider the LSV/SSV as right up there with the big boys like the sub and the cloud/evo (and the herbaliser?). Big hits on demand, almost unlimited power at your disposal.

While id consider most logs a slightly different category - potentially just as powerful if you know how to use it, but with a slightly more limited set of circumstances where it'll blow your head off...

Should prolly post this in the enano thread if I wanted in depth responses/comparisons, but meh :), I'm talking with my fellow LSVapers here :D

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Would that work like the kill-a-watt meters sub users were using to "measure" their sub temp?
Yep, exactly. Belkin sells two versions of this "Wemo" Smart outlet. One standard wifi controlled version, and another with the kill-a-watt monitoring features.

Should prolly post this in the enano thread if I wanted in depth responses/comparisons, but meh :), I'm talking with my fellow LSVapers here :D
I've been using the Nano daily for the past 9 months so I might be qualified to debate......After a week with the LSV, I would say the E-Nano feels like a Mini LSV.

It works GREAT for small loads. Unfortunately greed causes one to begin lusting for loads larger than .08g. Once you hit 0.1g+, you start to scorch the top of the load.

I switched to the LSV in search of a better taste from larger loads when using water filtration.

I LOVE my Nano, and it's gorgeous to look at. And much easier to manage than my LSV (the LSV is quite bulky by comparison). But for now, the LSV is my new toy, and therefor my new daily driver.

I can easily see myself using either the LSV or the Nano and in fact I intend to switch them up from time to time (every few weeks).

Tweak

T\/\/34|<

Yup. I live by my KIW on my LSV and nano. My preferred settings for the nano was 12 W and 18-20 W on the LSV.

Unfortunately greed causes one to begin lusting for loads larger than .08g. Once you hit 0.1g+, you start to scorch the top of the load

Yup, that was my problem, :razz: .08 just wasn't enough for two people, especially when I really wanted to party :cheers:. Any more and I scorched it. I also found the smaller bowls hard to stir, get to the bottom of the load.

Funny you call the nano the mini LSV, that's exactly how I consider it before buying mine. But I didn't realize how small the LSV really was w/o the heat shield. I've actually added bulk to mine for grip. Which is something else that 7th floor should offer, a silicone sleeve that fits the LSV, @Herb-nerd , :whip:. Instantly changing the color with a new sleeve would be cool, added heat protection and grip is a plus.

Top Bottom