• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
it's not the wiring its fitting it in the small space in the most efficient way

Aha, that makes sense, glad you got it working. I figured there wasn't much room in there, it feels pretty densely packed.

I take it you replaced your rheostat yourself? Maybe it would be a good idea to order one myself to have on stand-by, he he.

grokit

well-worn member
qB661Xz.jpg

biohacker

It didn't take very long, but Storz & Bickel is pushing me away from the LSV! I knew the Crafty would be a hit for portability, but ever since I received the WPA it has been a complete game changer and i'm finding I reach for it over the LSV every time now! I'll have a Mighty soon, and just having a hard time thinking about using the LSV again?? I just find it a much more user friendly experience, precision temperature adjustment, no stirring/tamping, and much more even and better roasted/extracted ABV IMO. The Crafty milks "instantly" and milks way more than my LSV.... traits of the conduction element I suppose, because that's what it looks like. I'm also not 100% certain, but I "think" the Crafty may medicate me more, and i've only been using 1/2 bowls with the liquid pad.

Going to have to think long and hard about this one! But I have a cleaning house of vapes for the classifieds still on my to-do-list so you'll know when i'm serious if!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
It didn't take very long, but Storz & Bickel is pushing me away from the LSV! I knew the Crafty would be a hit for portability, but ever since I received the WPA it has been a complete game changer and i'm finding I reach for it over the LSV every time now! I'll have a Mighty soon, and just having a hard time thinking about using the LSV again?? I just find it a much more user friendly experience, precision temperature adjustment, no stirring/tamping, and much more even and better roasted/extracted ABV IMO. The Crafty milks "instantly" and milks way more than my LSV.... traits of the conduction element I suppose, because that's what it looks like. I'm also not 100% certain, but I "think" the Crafty may medicate me more, and i've only been using 1/2 bowls with the liquid pad.

Going to have to think long and hard about this one! But I have a cleaning house of vapes for the classifieds still on my to-do-list so you'll know when i'm serious if!
Better keep the LSV too, you know b/c of all that sending back and forth to S&B CS & battery issues.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

We're all friends here, but did you really come into the LSV thread to brag about your Crafty! :nope:
Been eyeing it. You're making it worse....new price tags on both the C and M make it hard. LSV is still getting me to another level tho with little material.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've tried a friends mighty, crafty, and mighty/crafty combined...
Definitely 2 of the nicest portables I've ever used, but honestly, I'd rather use my single lsv over even a crafty/mighty combo...
:2c:

Edit:
Ime even the C/M combo didn't milk as thick as a single LSV... (Maybe a bit quicker, but my lsv will usually milk up a piece within a few seconds of drawing, so I don't see the need for faster performance...

scottg402

I like my LSV much better than my Crafty.

I do use the Crafty out of the house (in a rotation with others) but it rarely gets used at home.

I use the EVO ELB in the male / male adapter with exactly zero stirring.

With the Crafty, I'm at about 40 hours and the battery sucks more than ever. Yes I realize the Mighty solves this but I still prefer the taste and the open flow of the LSV.

So they are both nice products in their own way but for me it's basically Crafty when out and LSV while home.

your vape looks great, i found another one

DSC_7894.jpg

@grokit I know yours is homemade but where is this from @kolila?

Mod note: Posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

biohacker

Better keep the LSV too, you know b/c of all that sending back and forth to S&B CS & battery issues.

I don't think any have been returned due to battery issues? Mine has 30 hours on it now, and it's still working as it should.

We're all friends here, but did you really come into the LSV thread to brag about your Crafty! :nope:
Been eyeing it. You're making it worse....new price tags on both the C and M make it hard. LSV is still getting me to another level tho with little material.

Totally wasn't my intention to make it sound like that. Not sure if you've been in this thread since i discovered the lsv, but at first I hated it, and then fell hard for it. I get obsessive about vapes and constantly challenge my beliefs/likes/dislikes when it comes to them and i'm always re-evaluating and re-assessing which ones are keepers and which ones are goners. I'm actually glad I made the post because it's stirred up some good discussion and points that have made me re-think the lsv.

Ime even the C/M combo didn't milk as thick as a single LSV... (Maybe a bit quicker, but my lsv will usually milk up a piece within a few seconds of drawing, so I don't see the need for faster performance...

I don't know what I do wrong, but for some reason I still think I don't know how to use the lsv properly. Either I can get great tasty hits if I really load up some material and keep the dial around 11:00, but the abv is yellow with some green, or I put it up to 12:00ish but then if my inhale is too long (I have huge lungs) I get dark spots and gross taste. I just find i'm getting super inconsistent results, but totally operator error.

I can never get super dense thick vapour unless I use alot of material, or crank the temp (at the great expense of taste). Perhaps I need to return to the ELB or EQ screen, but then again only 1 out of my 5 gongs fit the ELB.

I use the EVO ELB in the male / male adapter with exactly zero stirring.

You're lucky the ELB fits!

With the Crafty, I'm at about 40 hours and the battery sucks more than ever. Yes I realize the Mighty solves this but I still prefer the taste and the open flow of the LSV.

I'm at 30 hours and monitoring the battery closely. Mighty will be replacing my crafty soon. The LSV definitely has a more open flow, but sometimes I think it's too open. The crafty/mighty flow are more than great IMO, especially through water.

howie105

One of the joys of this point in time in the vape world we are seeing so many new vapes and improvements of older vapes that its hard not keep up. I applaud the folks who are willing to spend their time and resources exploring those options for all of us. I also applaud the folks who spend their time learning how to wring the best performance out of the vapes they already own. Without them many great vapes would not meet their full potential and join the sea of Dust Queen vapes littering shelves around the world. It is a good time to be a vape owner.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
One of the joys of this point in time in the vape world we are seeing so many new vapes and improvements of older vapes that its hard not keep up. I applaud the folks who are willing to spend their time and resources exploring those options for all of us. I also applaud the folks who spend their time learning how to wring the best performance out of the vapes they already own. Without them many great vapes would not meet their full potential and join the sea of Dust Queen vapes littering shelves around the world. It is a good time to be a vape owner.
Well said my friend.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Any chance of a picture?

yea,got a pic?

Sure do

cijzLAzl.jpg

This is version 1, just got out of the paint shop, :D. I'm thinking maybe a flat black for V2, it's a bit longer and holds an additional GonG and SSV wand, but takes up more room. Tried making a shorter one but the height really helps with the cord.

And I found a great use for my old Wii-mote silicone sleeve, :brow:. Works as added grip, friction to stay in holder/hand, and additional cord stress relief, :D.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Sure do

cijzLAzl.jpg

This is version 1, just got out of the paint shop, :D. I'm thinking maybe a flat black for V2, it's a bit longer and holds an additional GonG and SSV wand, but takes up more room. Tried making a shorter one but the height really helps with the cord.

And I found a great use for my old Wii-mote silicone sleeve, :brow:. Works as added grip, friction to stay in holder/hand, and additional cord stress relief, :D.
That is awesome! Do I see accessory maker in your future? Don't fling your Wii/LSSV through your bong dude! It gives a whole new meaning to the term high score!

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: Tweak

lwien

Yeah, the LSV is not very group friendly, especially with that long, thick ass AC cord.

I really don't think there is a safe way to use it in groups without a lot of coaching with hints like, "Don't breath INTO the wand, don't bend the cord too much next to the vape, etc etc etc"

With that said though, it's still my go to solo vape along with the MV. If I needed a vape to use with groups though, I'd get another vape just for that, like a bag vape 'cause that kind of vape is PERFECT for groups.

JimmyCricket

Yeah, the LSV is not very group friendly, especially with that long, thick ass AC cord.

I really don't think there is a safe way to use it in groups without a lot of coaching with hints like, "Don't breath INTO the wand, don't bend the cord too much next to the vape, etc etc etc"

With that said though, it's still my go to solo vape along with the MV. If I needed a vape to use with groups though, I'd get another vape just for that, like a bag vape 'cause that kind of vape is PERFECT for groups.

I mean the only way I could think of it used in groups is like on a table with a water pipe, but your probably right. Even then it would be more of a one at a time thing. I'm just comparing the 7th floor vapes to see which one fits me best!

JimmyCricket,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

biohacker

I'm now starting to wonder if I should give the OEM WPA from 7th floor a try before I sell the LSV? The one issue I have with the LSV is the extremely sensitive nature and importance of draw speed. I have huge lungs, and thus love taking very long massive hits, and if the temp is up even over 12:00 it leads to an unpleasant experience in both hotspot and taste. So I keep it just under and am usually good to go but then get only yellow ABV, or tan at best....this is using the M2M without a basket screen. My experiences are rarely consistent unless I stay in low temp territory.

I figure that my usage of the LSV has been through a mod, and not as intended, although I don't really see the difference between the M2M method, and the dry mouthpiece. I think having the ability to rotate/twirl the LSV with the oem wpa will allow me to distribute the heat better to avoid those hotspots. An issue for me though is the cost of these...they aren't $5 a pop like a M2M, and i tend to have the occasional glass slip up here and there from time to time...rare, but it happens, and I can't find the WPA for less than approx $40 shipped.

Another issue i've been dealing with the M2M when not using ELB is that the 1/2" screen sometimes moves and I lose the load stirring/tamping which frustrates the heck outta me. I know with the WPA this should not be an issue.

Is it worth it? Or should I just move on since i'm more than happy with the Mighty.... although sometimes I miss that oh so pure convection flavour, that I think I need to sample right now just to recall what it was like!

Top Bottom