Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

flashpants

I just turbo-charged my LSV!!
As if this vape required it...BUT in the name of science and a very slight restriction to the draw, it vapes one of my micro loads in 3 hits to a perfect medium brown ABV.

This is really interesting to me. Intuitively it seems like the quantity of airflow is the only thing that should affect the leaving air temp and amount of vapor produced, but comments like this make it seem like there's something more going on. I wonder if the higher restriction changes what feels like the 'natural draw rate', and it's as simple as that?

Modnote: fixed quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

biohacker

I took a closer look at my heater cover, and noticed that it never sits on those screws because I suppose my water tool pulls the HC out and the gong becomes a little more flush with the screw on cap. I don't think I notice a difference though, because the HC is pretty tight/flush with the shims, I can't see there being any amount of appreciable air squeeze through there, if any at all.

I've recently changed things up a bit, and am sticking around 1:00-3:00 on the dial, vs the 11:30-12:30 I was at for weeks. I think it's just a natural evolution for me, as i've decided a bit faster airflow may be more natural for me, but I continue to test and experiment. I'm finding out that with the m2m/elb mod, less material is more, just like the Cloud!

What do you guys prefer? Faster draw/higher heat or slower draw/lower heat? I'm just finding when I crank it up to 2 or 3:00 and speed up my draw, i'm getting a much purer convection kind of hit that is very tasty, almost creamy. Maybe i'm just getting a bigger volume of vapour that's why? I also notice bigger effects when using it this way!

Another change I have made was an about face on my love affair with cotton. I was noticing that it was difficult getting my glass whitewalled, and really had to start cranking the temp up. Took the cotton out and bam back to the usual whitewalling and temps. I probably was using waaay too much cotton, but decided to stick a screen right in the middle of the m2m again /no cotton. Once in a while I will crank the lsv to max temp, and hit nothing but that screen and it will give 1 massively thick cloud, and another smaller one, after not alot of usage. It's like a huge shotgun hit! I can sometimes even see little red globules of oil in the screen, perhaps from shatter or perhaps from a specific strain of flower, i'll have to be more mindful of this, and it will help when I get more m2m's! So for here on out the screen is staying, i'll deal with more glass maintenance, and save the cotton for my shatter convection dabs!

I also tried hitting the m2m dry like @Vitolo and actually had great success! Crazy open airflow without having water in the path wow!

LSV continues to impress! I feel like i'm learning more and more constantly with regard to the nuances of this vape!

Last edited:
I wonder if a male to male could be invented that had the same inner diameter throughout from bottom to tip and then have the joints double blown on top of this cylindrical shape so a placement of a basket screen could be used like the enano stem snug and uniform no chance of coming loose in a certain spot which I'm sure would make screen placement effortless much cleaner looking also .

Onehithigman,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Kief

Medicated
Here's something from VripTech for you M2M guys:

10cnhpg.jpg
121x53c.jpg

This would be my choice to use with the LSV and my EV-2 if I could afford it. It's the lower section for the new silicone free VripTech VCB 4.2... if only we could get @ShadowVape / Mark to sell it without the upper half.

More pics are on pages 105 & 106 of the VripTech thread.

Mrmrmrmr

How's it going in the saber world everyone :)
I have been enjoying the hell out of my LSV these past few weeks. And that wasn't until I discovered the power of the ELB in the m2m. Here I thought my setup couldn't get any better with the EQ screen. I couldn't have bee more wrong...after reading about @biohacker success with the ELB (body no cap) I had to try I instantly got amazing flavor and clouds I just never had with the EQ screen. The m2m is now accumulating lots of honey goodness :luv::haw:
I'm astonished by how many hits I can get out f one load and it doesn't brown deeply at all.
I would seriously throw $500at 7th floor to get me a portable LSV. The possibilities are endless :bowdown:

Edit-oh and bio right know I'm at 12 with a slow draw. Great flavor and those huge lung busting hits of vapor we cloud chasers love :rockon:

biohacker

So I took the ELB out of the equation since getting my dhgate 18mm m2m's (none of them fit ELBs, destroyed one, mangled one lol), and I am liking the results! Sure it's a bit more of a mess inside the m2m, but you also don't need to maintain ELBs. I can load more, and get much more vapour while still keeping the dial under 12:00. I find that 12:00 is perfect for me when loading up the m2m about 1/3-1/2 way full and I stir after every hit. The abv isn't as dark as using the ELB, i'm getting more of a golden abv, yellow/green/light brown which is perfect for me and I know it's 99.9% extracted and I never have any over cooked tastes. In fact, I think I have better flavour without the ELB. Not sure if I just need a fresh newly cleaned ELB for every hit or strain, or if it's the stainless steel, but just having that single 1/2" screen makes a difference, for me anyway (maybe it's my imagination).

Now my go to setup is simply the 18mm M2M with 1/2" screen (just like stock stem) inverted on 18mm bubbler! Can't get any simpler! M2M's are dirt cheap on dhagte, so no excuse not to ever have a clean m2m/screen ready to go!

LOVE my LSV!

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So I took the ELB out of the equation since getting my dhgate 18mm m2m's (none of them fit ELBs, destroyed one, mangled one lol), and I am liking the results! Sure it's a bit more of a mess inside the m2m, but you also don't need to maintain ELBs. I can load more, and get much more vapour while still keeping the dial under 12:00. I find that 12:00 is perfect for me when loading up the m2m about 1/3-1/2 way full and I stir after every hit. The abv isn't as dark as using the ELB, i'm getting more of a golden abv, yellow/green/light brown which is perfect for me and I know it's 99.9% extracted and I never have any over cooked tastes.

Now my go to setup is simply the 18mm M2M with 1/2" screen (just like stock stem) inverted on 18mm bubbler! Can't get any simpler!
Add a cloud buddy to that and you've got the setup I've been rocking for quite some time now :D

Not sure if it's a 1/2" screen I use, I've got a massive bunch of screens I got for the ssv (i think I got a pack of 100 - I've still got like 75+ left :lol:) that happen to perfectly fit into a m2m with a slight dome. Fill adapter 1/3 - 1/2 way, and vape bliss :smug:

biohacker

Yep very slight dome, fits perfectly in every m2m I own.

The cloud buddy wouldn't really benefit me, as I lift and stir after every hit anyway.

Eq elbow screens are great to eliminate any potential blowback

stickstones

Vapor concierge
my favorite thing about the cloud buddy is it's where I keep my hemp filter. so i can run every vape I use through the same filter and it gets ready quicker. I used to have little filters in all my vapes somewhere, now I just use the one!

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yep very slight dome, fits perfectly in every m2m I own.

The cloud buddy wouldn't really benefit me, as I lift and stir after every hit anyway.

Eq elbow screens are great to eliminate any potential blowback

I stir after every hit too, but I love the ease of just yanking the stopper to clear my piece.

It also helps get the LSV out of my face when I'm using it with little dhgate rigs.

I also find it helps keep my pieces a lot cleaner, I've always noticed a decent amount of powdered plant matter seems to make it past my screen in my m2m (and I find a bit more again gets through with the stock WPA), so that now accumulates in the cloud buddy.
:D

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I was going to ask if you guys lifted every hit.

Does your heater cover ever get stuck on your m2m adapters? The glass on my adapters aren't very smooth, I've tried polishing them with a bit of sandpaper and a dremel but to no avail.

biohacker

since these Chinese m2m have that little bubble in the middle, I find it easiest to hold bubbler with right hand and then I lift the LSV AND my m2m at the same time with left hand. I wrap my baby finger around that bubble in the middle. Works pretty seamlessly and has just become habit at this point.

Damn 5 more hours until I'm at one with my LSV again! Been a loooong morning lol

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
since these Chinese m2m have that little bubble in the middle, I find it easiest to hold bubbler with right hand and then I lift the LSV AND my m2m at the same time with left hand. I wrap my baby finger around that bubble in the middle. Works pretty seamlessly and has just become habit at this point.

Damn 5 more hours until I'm at one with my LSV again! Been a loooong morning lol

Me:
Left hand holds Bubbler,
Right hand lifts the LSV and the m2m at the same time, using index finger to hold the little bubble (or pulls cloud uddy stopper :tup:)

Are you right or left handed?

I'm right handed, so back in my combusting days, it was bong in left hand, lighter in right hand...
I've only ever known people to hold a bong with their non-dominant hand...

biohacker

right handed. Ya not sure why , I guess I use my right since it holds the weight of everything and just used to it now. I also have nerve damage in my neck and maybe my brain is preferring my left since I'm stronger on that side now.

biohacker

You and I both! Well, it was mainly the LSV actually! Lol

I really enjoyed using the m2m without the elb, which is odd considering I hated it when I first adopted the LSV. Much has changed since then, and now I actually like it better than being chained to an elb. I also don't chase those super high temp thick clouds like I used to with the cloud, and my lungs definitely notice the difference!

biohacker

For some reason I was having a less than stellar experience with shatter last night. I typically use the top hat part of an ELB (or eq elbow screen) in the m2m with a tiny piece wrapped in cotton. The last couple of times, even at max temp I am barely able to get any clouds/vapour. Just tiny whisps. After much frustration, I checked out the cotton and it didn't even look that vaped, so I turned it over, turned the heat down to noon, and wham out came the clouds! Could this be caused by using too much cotton? I've never experienced this before using my Nano, but that is the only conclusion I have made. I'm always so paranoid about losing that precious shatter, maybe placing it on a thin bed of cotton would be better?

So last night I had a new experience with the LSV....kief! I forgot about the kief compartment in my 4 piece for a while and decided to try some micro loads in the m2m and had great milky tasty success!

mak770

has anyone heard back from 7th floor customer service recently I've got a rheostat that needs replacing was going to order a repair kit from them
anyone know of any ways to fix the dimmer?
it clicks on and off but not coming on

grokit

well-worn member
has anyone heard back from 7th floor customer service recently I've got a rheostat that needs replacing was going to order a repair kit from them
anyone know of any ways to fix the dimmer?
it clicks on and off but not coming on
They're much better on the phone than with email, just call them during normal business hours :tup:

Top Bottom