Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
@GH0ST Just a quick note (make that a rather long note) on those 18-18 adapters. A lot of the popular china glass pieces come with them so it's worth checking before you order one separately.

18-18 adapters are great for hydratubing and I have to admit I find myself using them more frequently with waterpipes these days because it can hold the screen a bit closer to the element and my LSV runs a bit cool (before anyone says the usual stuff the element is in the correct position and I've tried different sockets in different houses in different towns).

Otherwise I think I'd probably prefer using the 7th floor short WPA if my LSV ran a bit hotter as IMO it's a little less awkward to mate the LSV to.

Also for me the WPA saves any worries that an "over medicated" friend may forget to hold the 18-18 adapter and it could get dropped if it sticks slightly to the LSV when clearing. There's also the possibility that they could forget to remove the LSV from the water pipe causing a potentially even worse breakage. Let's just say that if a friend is using the 18-18 adapter then I like to sit in the pilot's seat for my peace of mind. I know I'm probably being overly paranoid and the chances of either of these things happening are fairly slim but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Unless you're planning to use hydratubes exclusively then for the sake of $10 extra when ordering the LSV direct from 7th Floor then personally I feel the short WPA is a worthwhile purchase. It may turn out to be your preferred method of use and if it doesn't then it's not a big loss and you have a backup. Even if it turns out you don't like it at all you could easily get your money back by selling it in the classifieds here on FC.

I'd also recommend getting an extra heater cover from 7th floor when ordering as it is the most likely piece to break if the LSV is dropped and not being able to use your vape while waiting for replacement parts is not fun for anyone.

I hope I didn't write too much, I just wanted to share my own experiences.

magpie77

Hi all got a problem with my only just over 2 month old lsv,the power cord seems to have come loose from the base of the unit,the light was just flickering yesterday but this morning there was a burning and crackling sound coming from it so have turned it off,have tried contacting 7th floor yesterday and have not had a reply yet

Last edited:
magpie77,

Throwie

I love the LSV but it seems problems with the power cord are a common occurrence. I don't think much thought went into the design of it, it's pretty bad even with the strain relief that they added.

You'll probably need to send it back for repair, which can be costly if made to pay for shipping (depending on where you live)

Throwie,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hi, I plan on purchasing a LSV and was wondering if you guys recommend a short or long water pipe adapter.
I use short transfer wand (and a couple custom SHORTER ones).
While I do not care much for water tools, I prefer the shorty wpa.

On a side note, my LSV is 3.5 years old, and been used hard.
It has been lent out to rough hands also, and still has never experienced any cord issue.

Blueberryyumyum

Hi all got a problem with my only just over 2 month old lsv,the power cord
I love the LSV but it seems problems with the power cord are a common occurrence.
I don't think much thought went into the design of it, it's pretty bad even with the strain relief that they added.
On a side note, my LSV is been used hard.
It has been lent out to rough hands also, and still has never experienced any cord issue.
Same here

I never received any strain relief either, instead simply use a rubber band like this:

2014-07-11065629_zps607499d3.jpg

Works very well and stops the cord from moving around the base. ;)

Last edited:

magpie77

Still heard nothing at all from 7th floor despite repeated emails,they are in breach of the warranty but it looks like I will have to involve my credit card company,looks like it be going in the dustbin with the broken cloud, completely had enough of these crapy 2bit American companys
And will be sticking with Canadian and German company's in the future

magpie77,

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
Still heard nothing at all from 7th floor despite repeated emails,they are in breach of the warranty but it looks like I will have to involve my credit card company,looks like it be going in the dustbin with the broken cloud, completely had enough of these crapy 2bit American companys
And will be sticking with Canadian and German company's in the future
Really? 7th Floor has usually emailed me back same day or next day every time. They have been phenomenal. What email did you use for contact?

magpie77

Yes really I have been using the messaging service on there site have emailed them 5 times since Wednesday evening and not had one reply

magpie77,

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
Yes really I have been using the messaging service on there site have emailed them 5 times since Wednesday evening and not had one reply
I have never used that thing. Email to this:
customercare@7thfloor.biz

I would be VERY surprised if they didn't get right back to you AT LEAST by Monday if you emailed them now. I wouldn't be surprised if they got back to you today.

They have always been extremely helpful, give that a try, and don't bother with the Web messenger thing.

Also, you should usually allow 48 business hours for a response from a company, atleast before threatening them.

New_World

Cuck Fombustion

I tried contacting them as well.
Usually you get a quick reply but nothing.

I sent 2 emails out .....I just figured the 1st one didn't make it.

I'm sure they will get back to us soon. likely monday.
Don't worry......someone probably went on vacation or something.

New_World,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

TeeJay1952

One must remember that one's emergency may not be an emergency to the rest of the world. So many people read the forums for weeks, place an order and then panic. I guess it is a side effect of buyer's remorse. If the manufacturer is reputable, it will all work out.

rosedale

+1 on that. Sorry that this guy didn't get a prompt response but I have had some good experiences with 7th Floor. Being in England, he is 6 or 7 hours ahead of them, which probably accounts for some of the difficulty in reaching them live. This is a reputable dealer and it will get fixed.

Lefthook

VapoMiner
I live in the UK , emailed 7th floor, waiting 2 days and got an email back. Big deal two days , i guess some folks just expect everything right away and do not take into account that businesses are businesses and there are so many things that can happen in one day that delay others. Also politeness even when complaining goes a long way i find.

kingaram

Hey guys, about to pull the trigger on an LSV purchase and wanted some input... the price is $190, supposedly a huge markdown from the original $300+ (directly from the LSV site)... any idea why the price dropped so hard?

1. If I'm not planning to use this with a water piece, is it not worth getting the LSV? (and better off with a da Buddha or something else?)

2. I've had those crappy box/wand things in the past, and really it was the wand I was least satisfied with and thus I'm leaning towards the LSV (vs Buddha or SSV)... I've read somewhere tho that if you don't use a water piece attachment thing, the LSV is harsher on the throat compared to say, da Buddha or SSV? Can anybody give some input on that? Thanks

kingaram,

Bouldorado

@kingaram

The LSV has been $190 for quite some time now- I think it's permanently "on sale". If you're not using it with water then it's really just up to personal preference. Taste is a little better with the all-glass airpath but there's not a significant difference over the DBV, unless the DBV whip is totally coated in resin.

Personally, if I wasn't using it through water, I'd go the DBV route. The LSV is a bit unwieldy IMO- a log vape might be a better option if you're interested in direct draw.

Bouldorado,

OnlyHuman

Sheesh, that dude was pleasant, we were trying to help!

OK, on to my question. I have had the LSV for going on 6 months now and I love it. I have been wanting to ask this question for awhile now, just keep forgetting. If I leave my lsv on all day, how much energy is it consuming? What might it be relative to? A light, a PC, a TV? I was always curious and thought maybe you guys could help out?

Also, is dbv the Da Buddha? How would that work with oil?

Top Bottom