710 Pen or MFLB for first time vaper? details inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jibba jabba

Hey -
I was just looking for some advice on which one to get! I finally have some spare cash (roughly $120), and am looking to upgrade from the 5 dollar piece I've been using of almost everyday for the past year or so (and with increasing frequency for the two years before that). I know, shame on me, I'm just a student is all (senior in high school) and have very low resources most of the time (part time job/other stuff that needs to be taken care of money wise)... generally, if I have 40 bucks to spend on trees/trees related stuff, I'd rather just spend it on some more weed as opposed to getting a new piece/saving up for some gear.

Anyways, I worked a few extra oddjobs here or there and all my normal expenses are taken care of and I have some left over money! Time to finally upgrade!

I've been wanting to move to a portable vaporizer for a long time, for all the obvious reasons (health/convenience/portability/inconspicuousness/efficiency) etc. Going off to college in the fall is another big reason why I want to move towards vaporization - just the ability to keep things very very low key (got into a certain school in Cambridge MA too... I have mixed feelings about this for many reasons, but still, something to be proud of, especially as a smoker right? MA just legalized medical though, so that's a nice thought).

I've done lots of research, and seem to have narrowed it down to two VERY different vaporizers - the classic MFLB (which I was well aware of before my research) and the 710Pen (which I was not aware of).

My general habits - I usually just combust at night before going to bed - I mainly just listen to music, or listen to music and read/listen to music while watching something like the Cosmos w/ the sound off. I really love the sort of full body relaxation I get, and especially the sort of "calm-down, stop thinking so fast" effect that lets me actually fall asleep... take that Too Too Solid Flesh and let it Melt, Thaw, and Resolve Itself into a Dew eh? I feel like the Pen might be better for this sort of thing because it seems to make you really feel the effects, as concentrates seem very strong (I have no experience with them). Plus, I go to shows a lot and like to get be feeling the effects a lot for anything music related so again that's where concentrates might be nice... could the MFLB handle getting you to a point where you are feeling the effects a lot?

On the other hand, I also like to be using and still be functional a lot as well - just get to around a [2] to [4] and go out and do stuff, interact with people, do homework, read etc... just a very light buzz that I can still be out and about doing stuff. This is where the MFLB sounds perfect, to just be able to consistently get there and just be generally less stressed all the time. Would this be a problem with the 710?

Another part of the portability that I really would look forward to is that I would be able to get to that [2] or [3] with much less hassle - pack a trench or load up a cart to go and you are all set. I go to lots and lots of concerts, so this is somewhere where portability would be a big boon - do the MFLB and 710Pen seem equally inconspicous?

I would be mainly vaporizing alone. I could always combust with paper if I'm going to be around other people.

I guess I'm just wondering - is one of the two vapes particularly bad at the other scenario, particularly good at both, or just can't go wrong with either? I would not have been looking at the 710 pen because getting concentrates would be pretty hard in MA (one of the main points of getting the pen is for college), however they just legalized medical so dispensaries should be up and running by September right?

Maybe you guys who have experience with both could talk about the differences in types of highs, which you think is better, more appropriate for me, etc.

Sorry for MEGAPOST, I just figured the more info the better. I really appreciate your help in advance. PS is there a better forum for this? My bad for any spelling/grammar, on phone.

I guess it would just be great if I could hear some opinions about these two, or any other portable vaporizer you think might be worth taking a look at, especially for someone in my position.

1st time poster, woohoo!

jibba jabba,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hey man,

This is not an e-cig forum so, most of us are not very knowledgeable in pen vaporizers since the few that exist are bad adaptations from e-cigs except for a few manufacturers.

That said, if you really want stealth for that price, mflb or palm 2.0 are the only choices for herb.

For oils it is easier but carefull because of the bad adaptations i mentioned earlier. The THC Omicron works good enough according to what i've read. Check the dedicated thread in the "portable vaporizers" section.

Another choice would be to get the oil pen like the Omicron for stealth vaping, and a vapor genie for herbs.

The vapor genie looks like a wood pipe (one line of their models at least, they also have in metal and glass), which makes it inconspicuous since most people assume it's a tobacco pipe. It has a nice flavour and it hits well if you take the time to learn the technique.

vorrange,
If it's 710 vs MFLB then the uncontested winner would be MFLB.

I just finally restocked in flowers after a three week oil bender. I had a variety of different BHO and ISO concentrates of varying levels of quality and after finally getting some green back, I have to admit I do prefer it to concentrates. I'm sure others will disagree, but I like the dosing, the flavour and the effects. I do find lots of oils to be lacking a little in the CBD/N department and I like to get a full spectrum of actives to 'level out' the THC.

kingofnull,
Reactions: Puffers
It's easy to win when the competition can't even go past the starting line. :rofl:
The battery of the 710 would probably work find with a decent atomizer (TV DART comes to mind), but at that point you might as well just buy a decent kit to start.

kingofnull,

max

Out to lunch
the differences in types of highs
Are dependent on temp and hit size, not the vape model.

could the MFLB handle getting you to a point where you are feeling the effects a lot?
Sure, but this model does have a learning curve and different factors come into play when using it- how fine the herb is ground, how fresh the battery charge is, how old the battery is, how strong you're drawing. But it's a great little portable with a great warranty. You just have to get the hang of it.

max,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I agree with most of whats been said i wouldnt suggest a knock off ecig i would go with a TET or Delta 9 product for a oil pen vape system. The other stuff can work but it can take much more fiddling and burn outs for it to work i have a pen vape system i got before my persei and its nice cause its stealth but its harder to use, leaks more, have burned a handle out, anx leaks caused me to almost ruin a cart by ripping the guts out.

I also wouldnt assume that MA will have suitable concentrates in dispensaries, or that they will be easily accesible some states IIRC have no dispensaries at all. It can also vary by county or city laws, unless you are willing to make your own concentrates i would recommend a MFLB.

As far as the effects like kingofnull i find them to be lacking in overall cannabinoid profile. Which has its benefits, i perfer oil in the morning/day normally and flowers/oil in the evening/night. I find solvent extracted concentrates to be more clear headed compared to mechanically extracted concentrates or herb ime :2c:

Good luck welcome to FC

Puffers,

VaporFanBoy

It's easy to win when the competition can't even go past the starting line. :rofl:
BOOM FRESH GOOOOOOOOOO BOYYYYY

for 710 its the 710Pen mini atomizer where they created a "kiln" effect and it has an 8mm storage chamber between the heating element and the mouthpiece. i can load a gram in there and it will rip without having to refill it for the entire weekend which, im lazy, is dope. also you can just dunk the concentrates in thru the mouthpiece so you dont even have to unscrew it. i switch out the mini battery with the LCD battery and go to vegas and dont even worry about charging or filling it.
for dry herbs, you have to get a pax. its expensive and you do have to maintain it regularly but worth the investment. the cleaning is cause its vaping herbs it does leave resin whereas the 710pen just rips everything concentrate

VaporFanBoy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom