• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

710 coils

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Do the 710coils 220V work with the dabpress controllers? Has anybody tried already? I think they should. Not sure if the controller would deliver the complete 150w or just 80w but it should work more or less anyway, I think.

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Sick Vape The watts being lower than 100 watts could cause the controller to struggle some when trying to normalize the set temp. The other thing would be to confirm the pin layout is compatible with how my coils are wired. I can send you a test coil if you end up not getting an answer =)

710Coils

Manufacturer
@gratefulabe It just helps hold the set temp. So the 50 watts will help hold that line. I dont know if you would really notice it, but thats all its doing so I would say you are ok =)

LabPong

@gratefulabe It just helps hold the set temp. So the 50 watts will help hold that line. I dont know if you would really notice it, but thats all its doing so I would say you are ok =)

I was wondering about this after reading through the steps to change from using a lower watt coil to the 150w one. It would be nice not to have to reset that variable if I want to use my Elev8r or Flowerpot coils.

Also....big thanks to Shane for holding my hand and creating my order....lol I must say....it was nice to just message what I was looking for as far as needed parts....and then I got a suggest list and price....and paid the invoice with a nice little discount.

I am happy I got my first enail banger setup with 710 parts. I just need the high quality basics to get clean hits and not go through a atomizer like with my Oura....it causes irritation to my mouth and throat after several big pulls. So I can't wait to get a nice clean low temp proper dab! :tup:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@LabPong I think it will default to 100 watt if thats all the coil is rated for. I am not 100% om this, but feel this is what the result would be =)

It makes me very happy to convert people from the torch =)

gratefulabe

I exchanged some emails with Auber after catching some flak on a thread on a vapelife forum about this. They concurred that it will not damage a coil using the wrong setting, it will just either be slower to respond or have more fluctuations. I think what's actually happening (forgive me, my EE degree was over 30 years ago) is that the PID controller just uses the oth value in the calculations to estimate how fast a coil will respond. If you set a 100 watt coil to oth=66, it will respond slower since it's expecting the power of a 150watt coil.

Baron23

How can this be, Shane. That variable sets the high limit on current.

so if set for a 150W coil w a 100W coil being driven, the controller has been told it can use more current to heat up than the coil is rated for. I have to assume that at a minimum this would stress the coil.

No?

I can see if setting OTH for a 100W coil and running a 150W coil would result in slower heat up time as less current would be available for the higher rated coil. And, I can see where if running OTH for a 150W coil while really driving a 100W coil would result in overshoot and worse hunting for set temp as the PID would not be expecting the lower rated coil to heat at the 100W rate.

But this still seems like a 150W OTH would stress the 100W coil as the high output limit would allow more current to be used during heat up time than is proper for that coil type.

I exchanged some emails with Auber after catching some flak on a thread on a vapelife forum about this.

You thought that was "flak". I just thought we had a discussion about it.

Last edited:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
The OTH value is a percentage of "full throttle" where "full throttle" is against a 100w coil. In order to drive higher wattage coils at the same rate, the user lowers the OTH value accordingly. I only see damage to the coil coming from running a less than 100w coil with the ouput at 100%. I have two Auber boxes - one I use with 710coils axial and the other I use with my FP-WE. Both systems use Shane's 150w coils. The enail controller has it's OTH set at 67 - it heats up to exactly the set temp and will sit there all day long. The OTH on the WE controller is set to 80 and I find it will pass the set temp by a couple degrees before settling back to the set temp. The axial (with ruby) doesn't drop at all during a hit but the WE will drop ~10F during a hit so I have the OTH a bit higher to recover faster and more aggressively.

bizwaxzion,
Reactions: 710Coils

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have a watt meter on my PID and my 100w DNail flat coil will draw 135w when heating up but will only draw 70w when trying to get back up to temp after multiple hits cools the nail, bumping to 150w just seems like a waste of time to me (I have not changed any PID settings)
My barrel coil from Shane draws up to 175w when heating up on the same RDK200 Auber PID but will only draw up to 45w when in use.:2c:

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I received my 30mm axial coil package from vgoodiez along with the disorderly conduction controller and have been working out my preferred temp tonight, all I can say is wow! It's a killer set up compared to dabbing on my VROD or any of the portables I have although I've never felt like I did small dabs until I put them into the 30mm banger. I'll admit I questioned moving to quartz when I've been dabbing off of sic for a while but the taste is great just as good if not better then my M22 or VROD.

I will be very interested in picking up a ruby insert for this when they come back in stock along with one of the upcoming deep dish coils!

LabPong

Ok...just got the 710 25mm coil and banger setup. Did a first session at 500F with some Sour Crack diamonds and sauce.......yeeeee frickin haaaaw batman! So clean.....Im so stoked now! :tup:

Just a quick question about the OTH setting on the Auber 300. When I went to change my for the 710 coil use.....I found my setting for the OTH which I have never touched...was set to 100 and not 40 as mentioned stock default was. I had no issues with my 2 other coils 15.8mm and 20mm ones for elev8r and flowerpot at this setting ...but now wonder about other settings now that might be as important for safe/proper use?

710-25deep-setup.jpg

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@LabPong I think the 100 is the default setting Auber leaves them at now. My theory is the unit only pushes what the coil can handle. But by adjusting the setting, you are just making the unit tighten up and temp fluctuations you might be seeing and most do not see anything beyond 1 or 2 degrees in change when dabbing

LabPong

@LabPong I think the 100 is the default setting Auber leaves them at now. My theory is the unit only pushes what the coil can handle. But by adjusting the setting, you are just making the unit tighten up and temp fluctuations you might be seeing and most do not see anything beyond 1 or 2 degrees in change when dabbing

With the 25mm 710 coil and my auber set to the correct parameter.....it was locked on 500F and I do not recall seeing it deviate after 10 mins or so. This made me super happy to see such heat stability. :tup:

LabPong,
Reactions: 710Coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
Things have been on hold since China is still not letting many factories go back to work. So the only things I have been able to get is terp pearls and such. I am just waiting for things to turn around and the Deep Dish bangers and coils will get started =)

I will also be at Champs next Wednesday and Thursday if anyone is interested in meeting up and talking shop =)

Hope everyone is having a great day and I will keep you posted as I hear more on the China front

Shane

710Coils

Manufacturer
@LabPong Ruby doesn't chazz like quartz and the maintenance is not that bad. The main thing with Ruby inserts is to not shock them by focusing heat in one spot for too long or by dropping in a cold pearl or something similar that can cause a dramatic temp swing in one spot.

So the main way people use them is to drop them into the cold banger and to heat it with the insert inside and once up to temp. Dab away =)

The cool thing about Ruby is the color changes. It will go from a bright red to a sinister blackish red as it soaks up heat

Getting my stuff together for Champs next week. So hit me up if you will be at the show and want to meet up and talk shop =)

Shane

MinnBobber

Hi Shane,
will you have a vendor booth (booth #) or you are going as buyer??

Will you have some of your gemstone inserts for 25 mm setup to try/buy??

I did scope out the Red E Bike tour of Red Rocks which got fan-taz-ma-hoonik reviews,
and that's pretty high praise :)
Friday has openings with hotel pickup (Tuscany Hotel and others) about 10:15 and return about
2:30-3 PM.

E bikes so easy cruisin..... not sure if guides are vape friendly but apparently several stops .
It's only about 14 miles in 3 hours so leisurely.

Maybe the Ebikes can power up a 710coils setup :)

hopefully there will be other meetups!

710Coils

Manufacturer
@MinnBobber I can bring one of my 25mm Ruby inserts if you want to scoop one from me at the show =)

We will be walking the floor this year and meeting up at or around Champs. We will be there Wednesday and Thursday, so just let me know when you want to meet up and we can go from there =)

I will have some gear with me (Bangers, pearls, and such) and can bring anything else if anyone needs anything

Shane

Top Bottom