710 coils

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
For enail use, the 30mm clear bottom with a ruby insert. For torching, the 30mm clear with three 5mm ruby pearls. Might need to check out one of those new steam rollers Shane. I tried torching with the insert a few times, but it's just too much mass to heat up consistently - plus i've been cold stating torch dabs more often than not lately. Mostly home pressed rosin gettin dabbed.

riz0

So I’m starting with 25mm gear because I’m literally starting out (can any of y’all remember that time?) but keeping my mind open to bigger things :brow: in the future. Because Shane seems to keep coming up with bigger, better stuff to buy! :rofl:

Great choice, you wont be disappointed. After about a year of use, I'm jumping up to the 30mm banger/coil. The 25mm is super nice and I enjoyed every toke with it. Only reasons that I'm upgrading are black friday discount and I can gift the 25mm setup to my brother, for his gf to replace her setup (high five style setup).
I've been a fan of the quartz , then SiC pearls but too broke to try the ruby ones. One of these days, I might take the leap.

710Coils

Manufacturer
Today is the last day of the 20% off sale. So if your on the fence, now is the time to scoop some gear on the cheap =)

Ruby gear lands later today and coils are due this week and I will kick off the next giveaway on instagram and it will be another complete setup!!!!! So make sure to enter for a chance to win some free gear =)

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week

Your ever loyal coil, quartz and ruby monger

Shane

gratefulabe

Interesting, do have any idea how big it is and the joint size? I just ordered a 25mm banger with a 14mm male joint from you, but it hasn’t shipped yet

Found the information I needed on another site, ordered the second, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
gratefulabe,
Reactions: 710Coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@gratefulabe I had one and it broke when cleaning. So I will be ordering a second one since it was such a solid piece, especially for the price =)

Its smaller than you expect and I actually appreciated that as I was expecting it to be a fatter and taller piece than it actually was. Great all around piece for sure

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Your best bet is to get a K-type thermometer and follow the user manual as not all bangers are identical.:2c:
That said, I am sure someone will chime in with their settings and they will be pretty close.:tup:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Nice recommendation @LesPlenty I was surprised to see how cheap they are on eBay and you can get a sturdier wire & probe attachment for a few bucks more. In the last few days, this thing has popped up in conversations and seems like it's overtaken the IR temp gun as "the tool to use" by dab nerds. :D

LesPlenty

Company Rep
IR temp gun
IR temp guns are not very precise at getting a pinpoint reading of the surface (they work on average temp over a larger area dependent on the distance from the spot being checked and clear or shiny surface can muck them up)
The cheap 'wire' type probe you get with the cheap K type thermocouples are not accurate in my testing, the S/S nail type probe is a must for accuracy.:2c:
The one I got.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/K-Type-Thermocouple-Stainless-Steel-Probe-for-Digital-Temperature-Thermometer-WG/273924216587?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
I now use Shanes heater clips to hold my wobbly Dnail steady,
img_20191207_130849-jpg.15112

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Ok good people, I need a lil help figuring this out. I am brand new to enails and have only torched my banger in the past.

I have a 25mm banger with a quartz insert, a new 25mm 710 axial coil, and a new Auber 300A. Just putting this together for the first time time. I know I'll get it right eventually, but need help with a few questions.

I found on Shane's site that you need to set up the Auber with a 150w coil. I followed the procedures as listed on his site. The only thing that might be different is his instructions say "press the knob once more and you will come to OTH-40, This is the setting you will want to change from 40 to 67 for all 150watt coils."
When I got to this point, the default setting was not at OTH-40, it was at OTH-100. I then dialed the 100 back to 67 as I beleive following the instructions.

The banger is not snug in the coil. I can move it in and out of the coil easily. The walls do make contact with the coil, but the bottom of the banger does not sit flush on the bottom of the coil. With the clip attached the banger sits up off the coil by a small amount. If I wiggle the coil heater arm, I can move the banger up and down a bit, but at rest the banger is off the coil bottom.

I set the auber for 450 and dropped in the quartz insert with a half rice sized dab. At this temp the dab melted but no vapor. I didn't start getting any wisps of vapor until I turned the controller up to 550 and then I didn't get a vapor-filled hit until around 600. At 600 I got a good hit but little flavor as possibly the dab had been cooking in the banger for 4-5 minutes by that time.

Looking for any advice on the set-up or my technique to get this bad boy blazin'. Much thanks!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
When I got to this point, the default setting was not at OTH-40, it was at OTH-100. I then dialed the 100 back to 67 as I beleive following the instructions.
My Auber setting had a much higher value as well my friend, I commented on it this time last year in this thread and I changed it just as you did. :tup: But my situation was for a VRod so I can't offer anything about axial coil fitment and temps. I'm sure one of the old-heads will pop round soon! Enjoy figuring it out!

710Coils

Manufacturer
@BabyFacedFinster It sounds like your banger does not have a good fit to the bottom of the coil. This is very important since the sides of the coil should not be tight when sliding the banger in and out.

I also recall Aubers running more around the 540 range if I am correct. Can anyone confirm what temps they are set to on the Aubers.

I can help you get a better fit if you shoot me a direct message =)

Also the Auber settings are not mandatory. Just optional to help the controller utilize the extra 50 watts my coils have

I will also have some pics tomorrow of the sample coils that landed for the Deep dish banger and coils

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week

Shane

gxk

I was running ~485 to 520 with just a quartz banger and currently run 500 with a ruby insert. I bent the bottom of my coil a bit for better contact with the base of the banger, and I make sure they're touching when I fix in it place.

LongDraw

I was running ~485 to 520 with just a quartz banger and currently run 500 with a ruby insert. I bent the bottom of my coil a bit for better contact with the base of the banger, and I make sure they're touching when I fix in it place.

My coil and banger from 710 fit nice and snug from the start. I did adjust the auber settings as noted on shane's website/instructions. I run my coil at 465 F., no pearls or inserts. If i go a little higher then that it seems to start getting harsh, 465 has worked well for me and i have just left it there.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Wasn't there some instructions somewhere on how to fit the banger? (clockwise tightening or something?)
@BabyFacedFinster, I let my insert heat while in the banger while that is heating, I would turn your Auber on while the insert is in and let the lot warm-up for 5 mins after the PID says it is up to temp(I also have the carb cap on at this point).
Now try a dab and see how you like it, if there is a lot of oil left after your dab you can try 15f higher or a smaller amount and just fine-tune from there (if it flashes off too fast, drop the temp 10 to 15f)...I am still fine-tuning between dab size and temps.:science:
Also, you can try inhaling as you drop the concentrate in or load the dab in and try not to disturb the air as you do so, place cab cap then start to inhale(this second way helps me to not cough):2c:

sarkunit

I have my Auber set to 540, one large and one small ruby pearl. I place my clip a bit closer to the banger than some shots I have seen, placing more pressure on the coil and assuring that the bottom is flush ( This stretches out the coil and makes the sides fit tighter as well). Doing this gives me a delta of 50 degrees Fahrenheit when measured with a nicer IR gun at 8 inches ( it reads about 490). I find this to be a nice spot, giving good volume in the hit but also good flavor for at least 3 pulls, because i do huge dabs. If your dab takes more pulls than you like before it stops making dense vapor, bump up the heat.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks for the tips everyone.

Shane walked me through how to properly attach the axial clip and it fits perfect now. I didn't realize the axial clips are a little different in that they have four hooks instead of two.

Thanks for the help Shane, and also thanks for the extra tidbits added to my order. Awesome service!

In regards to the Auber. If you look in the manual, it states that for the OTH (Output high limit) you use it to match a 100w coil. So for a 150w coil, adjusting it to 67 gives the recommended setting. 150w x .67=100.5w

I just left it at 500F and did a dab without the insert. It was amazing. I will now experiment to find my best temps with and without the quartz insert. I think I'm really gonna like this set up. I feel like a big boy now with my fancy dab gear. :lol:

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
Deep Dish sample coils landed and I am just waiting on the bangers to land so I can begin vetting them =)

I will have some pics later today to show the coils next to one of our standard axial coils

25mm bangers are due next week and shirts and hoodies are due at the end of this week

Hope everyone is having a great week so far and keep an eye out for my post of the deep dish coils later today =)

Shane

Top Bottom