710 coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@tylerj55 I dont have much more to offer until I get my samples in a week or so. But promise to post more info and pics when they land =)

Bangers wil have 6mm more depth to them and coils will have 2 more wraps added to make them 8 wraps total!!!!
This will give a deeper banger and keep reclaim down better while also helping to lower temps since the coil area will be increased by 6mm =)

I am doing this for 25 and 30mm clear and opaque

510MOD

Manufacturer
@tylerj55 I dont have much more to offer until I get my samples in a week or so. But promise to post more info and pics when they land =)

Bangers wil have 6mm more depth to them and coils will have 2 more wraps added to make them 8 wraps total!!!!
This will give a deeper banger and keep reclaim down better while also helping to lower temps since the coil area will be increased by 6mm =)

Have you tried a deeper banger yet? I recall when I tried the 60mm tall Bottomless bangers, that you provided for the 510MOD, I got a lot more pull on my inserts. The suction would lift them in the banger which was very annoying. I wonder if you will have this problem or not. Hopefully not, but I know you will thoroughly test this out now that I have mentioned it.

started@52

what are your thoughts on round bottom bangers? Do you carry any?

I hear this is the direction for those doing more cold starts...
I have been wanting to try one in an axial coil but don’t have one yet. If for no other reason then I hate corners, lol. I heard that Stacheproducts will be offering one for the Rio, I have wanted to try a round bottom in that too. Anyone ever try a round bottom insert in a flat bottom enail banger? I have one but it’s so short I’m sure oil will go right over the top and back on the banger floor so I haven’t tried but I might try a tiny amount of rosin later as a drop in cold start.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Really, round bottom bangers should be the direction for all people still using a torch, I don't really see any advantages a flat bottom has vs a round bottom when flame is used.

Having said that, are there any bangers with a round internal bucket and a flat external bucket?

Im not sure a round bottom would actually be better for enail use really as I have a strong feeling "thin film" is going to be a 2020 dab buzzword but I'm curious as if something like that even exists

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Gemstone inserts?

Inserts plus a torch ranks just under hot knife on my personal list of preferred dab methods so it never even comes to my mind that people would bother with it. i know you're a huge fan of of downtemps, which unless I'm misunderstanding is really just the classic heat and wait......with an insert correct?

At any rate to each his own

biohacker

Inserts plus a torch ranks just under hot knife on my personal list of preferred dab methods so it never even comes to my mind that people would bother with it. i know you're a huge fan of of downtemps, which unless I'm misunderstanding is really just the classic heat and wait......with an insert correct?

At any rate to each his own

So you think that everyone that torches just uses bangers without inserts?

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
I haven't used a rounded banger with an enail... I just assumed the heat transfer wouldn't be efficient. It was fine for cold starts with a torch, but the oil did have the tendency to climb the walls more. But all that said, I don't consider myself well-versed with a torch so take that with a grain of salt.

Having said that, are there any bangers with a round internal bucket and a flat external bucket?

Long Island Quartz bangers have a slightly rounded interior and flat exterior. Which (I believe) is the reason my ruby insert cracked a while back. The bottom corners of the insert didn't have enough room to expand into those rounded edges.

I'm not quite sure I understand the hot knife comparison, however.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
[QUOTE="superdang9000, post: 1426198, member: 35650"
I'm not quite sure I understand the hot knife comparison, however.[/QUOTE]

I was saying hot knives, more or less the least desirable method of dabbing IMO, ranks only slightly under torching bangers with inserts on my list of methods, but I'm a bit snobbish admittedly

biohacker

What?? No not at all, I just do not prefer that method at all and as I've stated before think its a hassle. I think cold start is the only torch method worth using if you MUST torch, just my opinion.

This wasn't about your opinion or preferences, this was about reasons to use a flat vs round bottom banger. Which is why I mentioned inserts. Perhaps I should have just said inserts, and not "gemstone" inserts, but even Adapt Tech makes drop in gemstones now, so there's that.

Anyways, this isn't about opinions or what you or I prefer, but I never tossed in that strawman.

Lots of reasons to use flat bottom bangers, even if you do #ShoobyTek!

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
This wasn't about your opinion or preferences, this was about reasons to use a flat vs round bottom banger. Which is why I mentioned inserts. Perhaps I should have just said inserts, and not "gemstone" inserts, but even Adapt Tech makes drop in gemstones now, so there's that.

Anyways, this isn't about opinions or what you or I prefer, but I never tossed in that strawman.

Lots of reasons to use flat bottom bangers, even if you do #ShoobyTek!

ok then so lets pretend i just replied "no"

not really sure what gemstone insert vs just inserts has to do with anything.

not really sure what we are nitpicking at this point honestly

you replied gemstone inserts as a reply to what an advantage a flat bottom has vs rounded, I replied using inserts and a torch with a banger never even occurs to me as i don't think highly of that method. Im not trying to argue anything really so I'm not sure why we are off point anymore, so having said that, what are some of the reasons, with torch, to use flat bottoms?

710Coils

Manufacturer
When I came up with the specs for my bangers I had the sole intent of them being used with my coils. Only after many people have used them for torch dabbing have I heard how much they like the 6mm pucks and how well they hold the heat. I have looked into the rounded bottom bangers, but there is no good way of fitting them with a coil and not having spots where the coil does not touch.

I can add the rounded bottom bangers and inserts if there was enough interest, I just pass over it since it did not fit in my world of coils =P

@510MOD I do recall the inserts climbing and will be testing around this when the samples land. I will also be testing a new cap that will spin the pearls =) If it works out, I will add it to the mix in the next few weeks

Hope everyone is having a great day

Shane

srama21

Monotonous Botanist

Hey Shane, when will these newly spec'd bangers and coils be available for purchase? Can't wait to try them out!

710Coils

Manufacturer
@srama21 I will get samples in a week or so and if they are as expected. I will place an order and get things going. I am not sure if they would make it into my shop before Jan. But I am hopeful I can get them added before next year =)

710Coils

Manufacturer
Splash guard inserts have landed!!!

https://710coils.com/collections/pe...e-splash-guard-inserts-and-a-pair-of-tweezers
https://710coils.com/collections/pe...r-splash-guard-inserts-and-a-pair-of-tweezers

image_470273ae-8852-4e69-b807-e930daf43087_1024x1024@2x.jpg

image_9dcff236-9b61-4f28-8b43-23de28b8b2e9_1024x1024@2x.jpg

image_583fac7a-b612-4d70-90ef-0a291ad70b16_1024x1024@2x.jpg

image_b27d8089-1113-408b-8c0f-994eafd7017e_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Ruby pearls, Ruby pills, and 25mm inserts will be in next week =)

710Coils

Manufacturer
I am rocking a 30mm opaque setup on both my controllers. Sometimes I will rock an insert or some pearls. But mainly just dab directly on the banger. Been dabbing rosin and diamonds =)

Top Bottom