710 coils

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Good morning everyone,
Are you not suppose to turn off a coil with a banger still in it? I ordered the wrong size bend and joint size by mistake so I’m using a banger from a “$30” online banger store until I receive the correct one from Shane. I have turned it on and off a few times just leaving it in a rig. I turned it off last night and just noticed this morning it’s shattered sitting in the coil. Cheap banger or should I be removing the banger from the coil before turning it off? Thanks.

I've never removed a banger from the coil unless I'm going to clean it. Definitely not needed if there's a proper fit.

I would never want to try and take a banger off a hot coil, seems like a great way to burn myself!

biohacker

What dab surface temp do you like with a ruby insert as a rule/starting point?

Low 400's on the floor in general, but walls are usually a touch hotter. However I downtemp torch exclusively, so usually start my micro dab around mid 400's and finish in the high 300's. Zero reason to ever go above high 400's.

Also, does this temp change with PID vs torch?

Yes I believe it does, it's a completely different ballgame and requires higher temps on the PID due to coil thermocouple or whatever. 710Coils bangers with coils must be hotter on the sides due to the difference in thickness between wall and floor. I torch only from the bottom.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
higher temps on the PID
That is why I said dab surface temp, not PID controller displayed temps. I may try a bit lower but 400f is lower than what I vape buds at, I am currently on 485f, with my SiC Halo too.
I would just like to say again if I did not before, Shanes axial heater is by far the best looking/feeling heater coil I have had the pleasure of using and am glad I paid the little bit extra for a whole lot more quality.(actually cheaper than Dnails):myday:

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@LesPlenty Like @biohacker I normally shoot for a floor temp in the low 400s with my ruby insert, roughly 425-435 is what I prefer. A PID temp of 505 is giving me that with my current environmental conditions.

Low 400's on the floor in general, but walls are usually a touch hotter. However I downtemp torch exclusively, so usually start my micro dab around mid 400's and finish in the high 300's. Zero reason to ever go above high 400's.

Yes I believe it does, it's a completely different ballgame and requires higher temps on the PID due to coil thermocouple or whatever. 710Coils bangers with coils must be hotter on the sides due to the difference in thickness between wall and floor. I torch only from the bottom.

I'm not so sure the walls are necessarily hotter than the floor due simply to the wall being thinner, especially once you add an insert.

There is direct contact between the floor of the insert, the floor of the banger, and the coil. There isn't that direct contact when looking at the walls. Even without the insert, there is more direct contact between the banger floor and coil than the wall.

I tried to get a measurement of wall temps of my insert, but couldn't get anything reliable.

Last edited:

biohacker

I may try a bit lower but 400f is lower than what I vape buds at

That's the beauty of and why I LOVE Ruby! Effectively efficiently VAPING extracts at FLOWER temps. Tasty Smooth as Silk Air Dabs FTW! :nod:

roughly 425-435 is what I prefer

:tup:

I tried to get a measurement of wall temps of my insert, but couldn't get anything reliable.

I honestly don't know about the coil, but for a fact when torching (and this is documented somewhere in this thread or the Insert one with shooby), the walls are at least 50f+ hotter. This is why Shooby was using his IR in the corner to get his readings. However, i'm not sure if he was torching or using #Shoobytek?

If you take your IR, and kind of turn/twist/twirl it around in the corner you'll see this consistently (depending on the quality of your IR I suppose). So, basically I concluded that I was dabbing far too hot when dropping bigger dabs, that actually hit the wall, and had to adjust accordingly, and then realized when I thought I needed to drop at 500, it was actually more like 450 because eventually my dab sizes got to the point where they wouldn't even touch the walls so I only measured on the floor from then on out.

As you know, it's not even close to an exact science, especially with a torch and IR, but we all eventually settle into what looks, feels, and tastes best and then get a consistent experience onward. :)

started@52

Difference between a $30 quality banger, at least the two I tried from two different popular stores(the other cracked upon cool down while in the coil) and one of Shane’s bangers designed for his incredible axial coil. Look at the difference in base thickness alone.

Only one other company in the vaping world has impressed me immediately upon handling their products as well as community involvement and customer support and that’s New Vape.
765-BE394-9-BAC-4692-9-B4-E-CBFB39195-CE9.jpg

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
As you know, it's not even close to an exact science, especially with a torch and IR, but we all eventually settle into what looks, feels, and tastes best and then get a consistent experience onward. :)

Yeah @emmdeemo said something similar to me about learning to press rosin and not to expect instant success straight away. Like hash-making and many things related to cannabis, it seems to be a beautiful blend of art and science, where you have to develop a "feel" through trial and error to become consistently excellent. Even Shane's sexy, thick bangers are the result of trial, error and refinement; probably a lot more than any of us could imagine, eh @710Coils ?

So my humble response to this experienced rosineer? Something like "Nah, I got this man. I'm a natural talent, after reading at FC I'm gonna crush this and everything's gonna be perfect from Day One."
@emmdeemo didn't even reply. :rofl: He's wise enough to know it's no use trying to help a fool! It's gonna be one of those things I have to learn for myself, nobody else and no amount of reading can get me where I want to be.

Can hardly wait for the final pieces of my plan to fall together, then I'm gonna be posting up all sorts of ignorance and stupid questions for everyone's amusement.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
not to expect instant success straight away
I can't see why you can't, I have never returned less than 18%.
Back to 710coils gear, I have a friend I set up with Shanes heater but just gave him a cheap banger that fit well. He has since broken 2 of the cheapies from small drops. My question is, would a better quality banger last longer or should I just keep giving my ham-fisted mate cheapies to break (less than $10 ea and I never broke one of them, amazingly):myday:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@LesPlenty Talking about mates, if I could do an FC World Tour and hangout with ten members wherever they live, you'd definitely make my list. I wonder if I would survive sessions with you though, you're pretty hardcore! Now back to the ham-fisted friend, I'd say yes. Better quality glass doesn't break nearly as easily as cheaper, thinner stuff. But that's only based on my experience, yours seems different. I've had more expensive stuff bounce where I've broken cheap stuff by looking at it too hard. Maybe give him another cheapie and one @710Coils and really show and explain the difference in quality and cost. See what happens from there? If he's just klutzy and breaks everything, then tell him to buy in bulk from the Gate! :D

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yeah @emmdeemo said something similar to me about learning to press rosin and not to expect instant success straight away. Like hash-making and many things related to cannabis, it seems to be a beautiful blend of art and science, where you have to develop a "feel" through trial and error to become consistently excellent. Even Shane's sexy, thick bangers are the result of trial, error and refinement; probably a lot more than any of us could imagine, eh @710Coils ?

So my humble response to this experienced rosineer? Something like "Nah, I got this man. I'm a natural talent, after reading at FC I'm gonna crush this and everything's gonna be perfect from Day One."
@emmdeemo didn't even reply. :rofl: He's wise enough to know it's no use trying to help a fool! It's gonna be one of those things I have to learn for myself, nobody else and no amount of reading can get me where I want to be.

Can hardly wait for the final pieces of my plan to fall together, then I'm gonna be posting up all sorts of ignorance and stupid questions for everyone's amusement.

I was busy! These penguins dont shave themselves, y'know!

710Coils

Manufacturer
Purity of quartz does not mean they are better at taking a drop. Its just for the thermal shock and not the stoner drop =P

That being said, I would much rather drop a 45.00 banger over a 200.00 banger. But that sort of goes for anything over 20.00 in my world.

started@52

Purity of quartz does not mean they are better at taking a drop. Its just for the thermal shock and not the stoner drop =P

That being said, I would much rather drop a 45.00 banger over a 200.00 banger. But that sort of goes for anything over 20.00 in my world.
My vape station use to be in the main floor guest room with hardwood floors. I got demoted to the basement guest/ storage room when guests came. However, it’s carpeted and has already saved a drop. Plus I can leave my shit out in the open so I’m staying, lol.

710Coils

Manufacturer
Just wanted to pop in and give you all some updates on what I have been working on

Splash guard inserts. I have had enough ask for these that I will be adding them to the mix in the next few weeks. They are almost the same size as the slit inserts and just taper in at the top to keep anything from splashing out.

18mm female bangers. I got these in finally and just need to add them to my store for anyone that needs that 18mm joint goodness =)

25mm and 30mm SiC inserts. I am working to get the heat polish the way I want it and these are still being vetted and I do have some 25mm inserts I can sell and you just need to hit me up with a message and I can get you setup

Black Friday Sale. This year I will be offering a Black Friday sale and am leaning on doing a 20% off sale.

New payment processor. PayPal nailed me and a bunch of other companies and so I have had to move to a new payment processor and can no longer accept PayPal, but can take all debit and credit cards. I have also used Venmo to accomodate a few. This was a big hurdle to get over and am happy to now be under a company that knows what I sell. =)

20mm Extra tall coils. I have ordered more of these and will have a small amount available in 110 and 220 volt. If they hold momentum, I will continue to order them and keep them in stock

I think that's it for now and I hope everyone is having a great week =)

Your ever loyal coil, quartz and ruby monger

Shane

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
If this is the wrong place to post this question, I apologize.

Does anyone know if the Auber RDK-300A controller has an auto-shutoff setting? If yes, how do you set/adjust it?

Thank You...

Check out the supplementary Auber manual, it has an adjustable auto-shutoff feature which I believe is enabled by default @ 60 min (although I seem to recall mine being more like 120 min): http://auberins.com/images/Manual/RDK-300_supplementary.pdf

710Coils

Manufacturer
Figured I was due to call out what's going on over in the 710 coils world...

Next week I will have a bunch of new stuff land and am also working on Hats, Hoodies, and Shirts

Here is what's coming next week
More 25mm bangers
Splash guard inserts for 25 and 30mm bangers in clear and opaque bottom
Ruby pill steam rollers
More Pearls
More jewelry tweezers
25mm ruby inserts

Due in the next month:
Shirts
Hats
Hoodies
Stickers (New metallic art and some new wireframe octopus colors)

Down the road a little:
New deep dish bangers and coils (WTF!!!!)
Flat top spinner caps
30mm SiC inserts

I will also be doing a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale that will run from the 28th at midnight to the 1st at midnight and be for 20% off!!!!

That is all the news I got for now, but know I am always looking ahead for new and exciting things and will keep you posted on anything else that pops up.

Don't forget to enter the Giveaway on Instagram as it will end soon and is for a Ruby insert and banger. Along with other goodies =)

Your ever loyal coil, quartz, an ruby monger

Shane

tylerj55

Figured I was due to call out what's going on over in the 710 coils world...

Next week I will have a bunch of new stuff land and am also working on Hats, Hoodies, and Shirts

Here is what's coming next week
More 25mm bangers
Splash guard inserts for 25 and 30mm bangers in clear and opaque bottom
Ruby pill steam rollers
More Pearls
More jewelry tweezers
25mm ruby inserts

Due in the next month:
Shirts
Hats
Hoodies
Stickers (New metallic art and some new wireframe octopus colors)

Down the road a little:
New deep dish bangers and coils (WTF!!!!)
Flat top spinner caps
30mm SiC inserts

I will also be doing a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale that will run from the 28th at midnight to the 1st at midnight and be for 20% off!!!!

That is all the news I got for now, but know I am always looking ahead for new and exciting things and will keep you posted on anything else that pops up.

Don't forget to enter the Giveaway on Instagram as it will end soon and is for a Ruby insert and banger. Along with other goodies =)

Your ever loyal coil, quartz, an ruby monger

Shane
Deep dish bangers and coils? Can you share anymore info? That’s exciting!!

Top Bottom