710 coils

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Well, fortunately the pearl came out with just a light poke with an unbent paper clip when it was cold. But that taught me not to use pearls that are small enough to escape into the neck! This one was 5mm. Never happened with a 6mm ruby pearl.

I just cannot imagine what kind of sucking force or super spin cap setup you'd have to use to get this to happen with such a deep bucket.

Glad to hear you got it out without having to smash

710Coils

Manufacturer
The SiC pearls are pretty light and can get up the side of the banger once they start spinning fast =)

Warmaniac_209

Chocolate Milk Chug Meister
was wondering if you sell some 20mm coil with 5 wrap for the VRod with the NewVape GX16-5 Reverse connector and pinout ?looked on your website and saw none. and if not, can i command a coil with the appropriate wrapping count from you, without connector, so i can solder them, i have the specs here anyway, and im pretty handy with a solder iron. just askin ! thanks for the answer !

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Warmaniac_209 710 coils already made a killer coil for the VRod upon several of us asking, I have one and it’s great. The reason for it was exactly because of that shitty old-ass nobody-in-the-industry connector that NewVape uses, Edwyn swore up & down originally that it was superior (bullshit) but it does lock people into their China white label NewCode controller. I hate that proprietary bullshit but love NewVape’s VRod & all their products (they actually make) are regarded among the best. But edwyn stubbornly refused to change or adapt to his customers’ wishes & requests for literally years and with the special design of the VRod head, it seemed you had to go with the NV coil and controller.

So we asked Shane for a coil specifically for the VRod that also used the de facto industry standard (edwyn refused to even admit that such a standard exists) and he kindly obliged. Another great member here @JCat , who I know you’re familiar with, offered and made a nice patch cable that converted the dumbass connector into one that could work with the pinout that every other controller besides NV uses. He may still have one?

Anyway, once the community started making our own solutions to a purposely manufactured problem, suddenly NewVape decided that they could in fact, resell the Auber rdk-300A & Aubers coil at a profit and they designed a reverse head that conforms to the same coil direction of every other 5-wrap coil in the world. Seems like the idea that other options might detract from his profit margins, however small, was enough for these concessions to the market place to miraculously come into being. Also a couple of asshats in the NV thread, who didn’t even have the 710coils VRod coil, started speculating that it didn’t fit as good as NewVapes (it does) and the whole stupid drama pissed Shane off because this was a favour to the FC community, not part of his core business and not even especially profitable or worth putting up with bullshit. His decision and I understand & agree. But he’s not likely to help and I doubt you’re gonna get much traction on your quest in this thread.

I know you’re relatively new here and don’t have the background, so I thought I’d answer this completely and without whitewashing what really went down. I’m not invested emotionally in this at all but found myself getting irritated just thinking about that stupid bullshit and knew that Shane would be more diplomatic in explaining why he wouldn’t and you might be left wondering why he wouldn’t do this. Once he pulled the product, I bought a spare because I think it’s the sexiest option (if a coil can be sexy) and never want to use another. Good luck!

EDIT: sorry for so much swearing, makes me sound angry when I’m not. But it was bullshit.

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Warmaniac_209 I did once upon a time make the coils and as @pxl_jockey called out, they got picked apart to the poiint I discounted my remaining coils and sold them off. I am not expecting to place another coil order for a month or so. But could request a sample coil for you with the extra wraps. If you are interested and are good with waiting. I can add you to my list of things to order. Just shoot me a direct message and we can go from there. =)

@pxl_jockey really appreciate you laying out the facts to what caused me to stop prodcing the Vrod coils =)

Hope everyone is having a great day =)

Shane

JCat

Accessory Maker
@Warmaniac_209 I did once upon a time make the coils and as @pxl_jockey called out, they got picked apart to the poiint I discounted my remaining coils and sold them off. I am not expecting to place another coil order for a month or so. But could request a sample coil for you with the extra wraps. If you are interested and are good with waiting. I can add you to my list of things to order. Just shoot me a direct message and we can go from there. =)

@pxl_jockey really appreciate you laying out the facts to what caused me to stop prodcing the Vrod coils =)

Hope everyone is having a great day =)

Shane
Well that's just stellar service Shane to offer to provide a "one-off" to @Warmaniac_209 as you have for me with other requests :) ... truly a standup guy this @710Coils coil monger everyone :)

Warmaniac_209

you dont know how happy i am with this community, Shane your a godsend, if you could do that for me, it would be friggin insane, if you can even call 2, so i can have a spare, dont care at all for the wait... and as i told ya, non need for the connector if its too much hasstle, juste the apropriate 20mm 5 wrap coil with bare wire will do the trick, got a few of these pissy rare Gx16-5 reverse connector, so i can manage the plug! thanks all of you again ! your all the best !

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@StormyPinkness I have the 25mm ruby inserts in stock and the 30mm are due in a few weeks. I think I will have one more of the 30mm ruby inserts available if you want to scoop it. Shoot me a message and remind me what your last order number was and I can send you an invoice for the 30mm =)

Baron23

I will try ISO but it's just far enough in the tube that a q-tip doesn't reach--from either end. Maybe a bent paper clip? But I don't know if the pressure would Crack the stem.

Not sure if hot water or putting in the freezer would work or be safe.
After ISO to ensure it’s not locked in there, perhaps a pipe cleaner?

Also in Amazon you can get a set of flexible bottle brushes which may work well for this and are overall very handy

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Baron23 the pearl came out of its new hiding place and there was no damage to the banger or the pearl =)

I think that is the only real downfall to the SiC pearls is that they are very light and can climb the sides of the banger quickly when spinning

I am looking into getting bigger SiC pearls to help offset this =)

redijedi808

Aloha All,

I just joined the FAM and can't wait to try the ruby insert with my FC-710.

I had a question on usage...the only other enails I have experience with is the 710 whip, low dabs that stays on 24-7 on a ceramic nail and the VB2.5 that I turn off/on every session.

I'm just wondering how do the majority uses this setup....I realize it's best to keep the enail on until I'm done for the day but my question is should I remove the enail from the quartz banger after every session or is it safe to keep it heated the whole time? For the ruby insert, should that be removed after every session?

I also bought the coil clips so not sure if that would make it harder or easier to remove from the banger...if that's the most appropriate way.

Warmaniac_209

quartz, ruby and cristaline structure in general, dont mind to be kept heated... its the change in temperature quickly that hurts, the difference of temperature between the surface of the cristal and the center of it is enough to cause stress, and microfissure and impurity can crack it (less of a concern with lab grown cristal, but still), but if you always keep it at more or less the same temperature, or minimize large temperature swing quickly, there should be no problem

edit 1 : i just hope you clean it after each dab... always on like that, crud gonna cook off and stain quickly... just my thought ! :p

redijedi808

quartz, ruby and cristaline structure in general, dont mind to be kept heated... its the change in temperature quickly that hurts, the difference of temperature between the surface of the cristal and the center of it is enough to cause stress, and microfissure and impurity can crack it (less of a concern with lab grown cristal, but still), but if you always keep it at more or less the same temperature, or minimize large temperature swing quickly, there should be no problem

edit 1 : i just hope you clean it after each dab... always on like that, crud gonna cook off and stain quickly... just my thought ! :p
Thank you for the quick reply and info. I feel more at ease and excited to try this new rig.

Definitely like to keep my pieces clean as possible so already have Cranberry extract on the way....also going to hit up Costco soon to get Q-tips...will dry clean after every hit.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
How do you stop the insert spinning while trying to dry swab (I have been told by one owner not to bother with inserts as they are such a PITA to clean as they just spin):tup:

I wouldn't ever bother with a quartz insert, but a sapphire or ruby insert is a whole 'nother level of awesome and absolutely worth the effort.

There's definitely a technique to it, but might be difficult to explain. With the qtip, apply outward radial pressure, so the insert is against the banger wall. Then, while still applying outward radial pressure, you can start to rotate around the banger. The insert will stay against the outside wall of the banger as you rotate around. Then you can get a couple wipes around on the middle floor of the insert.

Using this technique, the insert will rattle slightly around when cleaning, but nothing significant.

I still LOVE my ruby insert. The polish on it makes it super easy to clean. Everything just wipes right out after a very short room temp SG soak. Cleaning the ruby insert is MUCH easier than keeping the banger clean. I haven't done a deep clean on my banger since getting my insert.

When you're ready for the best dab experience, get a ruby insert!

@redijedi808 there's no harm leaving your email powered on for long periods of time. Mine is often on for 16+ hours at a time since my brother and I work different shifts and are up at different times.

Only remove the banger from the coil when it's time to clean. The insert can come out whenever, just make sure its room temp before removing it. Thermal shock is the most likely way to break a ruby insert.

Last edited:

Warmaniac_209

How do you stop the insert spinning while trying to dry swab (I have been told by one owner not to bother with inserts as they are such a PITA to clean as they just spin):tup:
thats why they come with tweezer, theyr more pain, but the quality of yor dab.... its a tradeoff, but with the tweezer @710Coils puts in its package make it porbably much less a pain.... proper tools for the proper job

710Coils

Manufacturer
@redijedi808 Welcome to the party and my coils and bangers are made to stay together until you want to clean the banger and then you would just pop the clip off when the banger and coil and completely cooled down. Other than that, I leave my setup on almost all day and only turn it off when I leave the house. You will also need to mess with the temp to find your happy place and I highly recomend doing smaller dabs while you fine tune your dab temp =)

Inserts are tricky, but I find ding a side to side motion with the Qtip inside the insert will help get when I need to mop up without having the insert spin. But you can also grab the insert with tweezers or even use a second Qtip to hold things in place while you clean things =)

So far I am really pleased with the results of the SiC inserts and will be adding them to the lineup in the next month or sooner. I am also working on some nice flat bill hats with embroidered logo and new shirts and hoodies with updated art!!!!

Lastly, we hit 5k followers on Instagram and kicked off a pretty sweet giveaway for a complete setup. Just add your glass rig and dabs and you are set. So make sure to enter as we have had several FC peeps win my monthly giveaways =)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1-AycahHnd/

I hope everyone is having a great week so far

Your ever loyal coil quartz and ruby monger

Shane

redijedi808

@redijedi808 Welcome to the party and my coils and bangers are made to stay together until you want to clean the banger and then you would just pop the clip off when the banger and coil and completely cooled down. Other than that, I leave my setup on almost all day and only turn it off when I leave the house. You will also need to mess with the temp to find your happy place and I highly recomend doing smaller dabs while you fine tune your dab temp =)

Inserts are tricky, but I find ding a side to side motion with the Qtip inside the insert will help get when I need to mop up without having the insert spin. But you can also grab the insert with tweezers or even use a second Qtip to hold things in place while you clean things =)

So far I am really pleased with the results of the SiC inserts and will be adding them to the lineup in the next month or sooner. I am also working on some nice flat bill hats with embroidered logo and new shirts and hoodies with updated art!!!!

Lastly, we hit 5k followers on Instagram and kicked off a pretty sweet giveaway for a complete setup. Just add your glass rig and dabs and you are set. So make sure to enter as we have had several FC peeps win my monthly giveaways =)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1-AycahHnd/

I hope everyone is having a great week so far

Your ever loyal coil quartz and ruby monger

Shane

Thank you all for the additional steps. I have never utilized an insert and never accounted for the movement while trying to clean. I will definitely go over these tips and ease into it.

Very pleased that I don't have to do much after a nice dab other than wipe.

sarkunit

So, here is what I have been doing with my 710 setup. I have found that one dense hit absorbs better/is more medically effective than 3 or 4 more wispy ones. I believe it has to do with the rate of diffusion through the Avioli and the rate they close off after irritation. I have asthma, and suffered from chronic bronchitis before I gave up smoking the herb, so my lungs suffer long term irritation(unless I suck the blue lollipop) when I use inhalants. After heavy experimentation I have settled on one intense hit at the lowest possible temperature as my main medication route beyond edibles/RSO. It just seems to provide the greatest relief with the minimum amount of coughing. Now, I also have a high tolerance. Sky high, I think. I take .3 gram dabs quite regularly using my 710 setup and protocol, and I can take that in one hit at a floor temp of 550 with no wall waste ( when the dab climbs the walls and doesn't vape). I heat shielded the silicon banger clip so that I could torch the top lip of the banger and actually make it a bit hotter than the bottom off the banger (which is heated by the extra wrap axial coil). This quickly vapes any oil that gets up there, but doesn't vitrify anything as long as you are careful in your warm up. I pre-warm my q-pi cap, use two large and two small ruby pearls, and I use a 30 mm opaque banger setup. It will vape even up to .4 in one hit, though I keep it below that for wallet and lungs. Sure, you can get the lowest temp and tastiest dabs with Shane's fine gear, but you can also have one of the most intense experiences of your life without the dangers of using a red hot nail and half a can of butane.

I will be jumping on the Ruby bus soon enough, so I can say I have dabbed with the best. As I sit here and crush dabs that make WeedTubers snot and wail like pups, I know that with this rig I can dab with the biggest.

710Coils

Manufacturer
So I wanted to drop an update on whats due and whats new!!!

30mm Ruby inserts were due Friday and I am now told they will ship next week (BOOOOO) But all pending pre orders will have extras added to their orders for the extended delay =)

25mm and 30mm SiC inserts. 25mm will be in stock next week and 30mm will be in next month or a little longer out. But will be made to spec like the 30mm Ruby inserts, so you know they will be nice and big

4mm Ruby pearls will also be added to the line up. I had enough interest in these that I decided to test the waters and see how they go.

Hats, shirts, and hoodies are also being worked on and should be in the mix in a month or so,

I think thats it for now, but you never know what I might recall later today =P

Hope everyone had a great weekend

Your ever loyal coil, quartz, and ruby monger

Shane

Top Bottom