710 coils

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
[Cue sad music]

thumbnail.jpg

Daughter: "Please can I take the banger to my friend's house? Pretty please? I promise I'll take good care of it!"

Me: "ok, but be careful"

Me a few hours later: :cry:

:peace:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I usually have the MaxVapor set to 450-500. My rig is so tiny, it holds like a shot glass worth of water, so it's basically a direct inject and the vapor can get harsh just from the density at higher temps. It does take me a few puffs, but flavor retention is pretty good off my faceted sapphire insert.

Been wanting to get something a little bigger for a new daily driver.

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Questions for you low temp folks, I see many in the 500's and even some users below 500.

At these temps, how many pulls does it usually take for you to efficiently vaporize your material? Understandably there is some waste at the bottom that gets let go into aqtip, but I'm finding my settings slightly higher so I can get everything in 2 draws. I find taste plummets after my second lungful.

Low temp vaping is ALL about flavor, but I do find there is a limit if you don't want to be sucking on a dab after it has been boiling off at 560 for two minutes.

I keep my coil at 490 - 495 for home rosin and the flavor is amazing. Still tons of vapor production but I take about 4 hits back to back exhaling through the side of my mouth in between draws. It's a better exprience for me than one huge hot rip. The whole process from dropping to cleaning is about 30 seconds.

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
Are people using pearls in their inserts?

20190715-210718.jpg

I prefer no pearls. I'm not sure if im using them correctly, but i never hit hard enough to get them to spin. I also feel that the vapor is harsher with them. I've tried a few different combinations of material and numbers, but havent found anything thats as smooth as not using them. I feel like im doing something wrong because every seems to love them, lol.

srama21,
Reactions: 710Coils

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
Also I think you need a proper ball cap to get the spinning motion.

The vapor would be harsher with them, the benefit is you can run your coil a slightly lower temp.

So i've got a few caps, including a few quartz PI caps from Shane, but nothing really gets them spinning.

I find that the harshness persists regardless of how much i lower the temp and I end up being so low the vapor production suffers.

srama21,
Reactions: 710Coils

MGG

So i've got a few caps, including a few quartz PI caps from Shane, but nothing really gets them spinning.

I find that the harshness persists regardless of how much i lower the temp and I end up being so low the vapor production suffers.

Which pearls are you using out of interest?
I find with me the SIC lets me run the coil less hot and get better flavor.

Even 710coils will say tho that the pearls are totally a preference thing, some don't dig em.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What are the options for cleaning black stuff burnt into the banger?

I know a thorough torch clean would surely get it, but I try to avoid putting my bangars through that process when possible. Are there other methods?

710Coils

Manufacturer
@OyVape sadly it would not work great since the bottom is only partially touching and this is where the temp is read from and would most likely cause it to read higher than expected. But you could give it a try and report back =)

@FlyingLow I use concentrate simple green and a candle.cup warmer with a bowl or glass full of simple green and a loose lid (paper plate or something) to keep the heat in. Leave it soaking for like 4 to 6 hours and when you rise it under hot water. The black buildup should come right out. If there is anything left. Toss it back into the simple green and let soak for another 4 hours and that should cut any remaining buildup =)

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week

Your ever loyal coil banger and ruby monger

Shane

MGG

Ruby Insert and Ball Cap arrived

Ruby insert definitely provides better flavor and smoothness.
It doesn't fit perfectly in the 30mm, a bit too loose for my liking, but I suppose there's not much competition offering larger at the moment.
I'm worried its going to crack if i accidentally bump it up against the sides
of the quartz when cleaning or dabbing. I'm trying to really baby it.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, the thickness of the ruby is good and overall it looks really clean. But the looks aren't that important to me, where it really excels is the function. Definitely prefer it over quartz. I feel like i'm tasting terps that I wasn't even really getting on the quartz. The opaque quartz is still great though but I don't think i'll be going back to it now I have the ruby.

It does take some time to heat up but I feel that i'm definitely getting more out of my material.

The ball cap fits well and functions perfect, Though I feel the glass should be thicker.

Really happy with this setup.
I've used Sapphire and i'd say the experience is very comparable.

Also shipping was even faster this time! Under 1 week! :D

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
@MGG So far I have not had any issues with being rough on my 30mm insert. I have done all kinds of sinister things to it and it is still good as the day I got it =) I think you will be fine if it slaps on the side of your banger when cleaning and such
I think it'll be fine too ... ruby is REALLY hard (which is one reason it works so well). The main concerns over breaking are thermal shock I believe, and less so due to mechanical abuse :)

I'm somewhat gentle with mine, but it does bang around some while cleaning that's for sure! (one thing that I find helps with this, is I take my banger out and hold by the coil handle while swabbing, keeping it at a downwards angle (45 deg approx) towards me. This seems to reduce the banging around significantly while swabbing (the gravity pulling it down seems to help wonders ... haven't analyzed the physics of it exactly ... but the banging around without doing this has me cringing, whereas not at all using this method)

roboticnightmares

Just a few quick thoughts on my 710coils purchase. Will return with a more in depth review. But for now, so very happy with my purchase. So far only tried the quartz insert with a single sic pearl. This alone, already shits all over my previous setup with hive nail. I cant believe the flavor with the low temps!
I also purchased the ruby insert with pearls which i will get to in a few days. I was pleasantly surprised to find some freebies in the box as well, a set of sic pearls and something for the munchies , lol.

Thanks Shane, you rock!

add1noob

How does the fit of the ruby compare to the regular 30mm quartz insert? Also how is everyone here liking the ruby is it worth the upgrade or should i wait for a better sic insert?

JCat

Accessory Maker
How does the fit of the ruby compare to the regular 30mm quartz insert? Also how is everyone here liking the ruby is it worth the upgrade or should i wait for a better sic insert?
The ruby is awesome :). It’s a pretty good upgrade even over the 19mm ruby for the 25m dish. It’s overall mass helps quite a bit with heat retention. Wish it was a little larger at 23.5-24mm ... but that’s mostly just me ... it’s more an aesthetics thing as it functions beautifully!

710Coils

Manufacturer
Just a few days left on my complete setup giveaway running on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ESiPaBE9d/

Its really easy to enter and the last winner was from FC!!!! So maybe we can continue the winning streak with another FC person =)

I ran out of 110 volt axial coils again and have more due in a week or so. I made sure to order a shitload this time so they should last more than a few weeks. It has blown me away how many new customers I get from seeing the coil and bangers in the wild. Really is humbling how far 710coils has come from last year. I cannot wait to see what the future holds =)

Dont forget to enter the giveaway and I hope all of you have a great start to your week

Your ever loyal coil quartz and ruby monger

Shane

Top Bottom