• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

510MOD - A portable banger!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Soon I will be closing my @nosmoking account to open an account under @510MOD as a manufacturer. This will be one of my last if not my last post as @nosmoking so please don’t be confused when you start seeing responses from @510MOD instead of the @nosmoking username.

20190613-201744.jpg

20190613-201759.jpg

20190613-201828.jpg

20190613-201851.jpg

20190613-201915.jpg

20190613-201929.jpg

20190613-202318.jpg

20190613-202342.jpg

The 510MOD is a 510-threaded modular oil device. The 510MOD hopes to lead the way to customizing your dabbing experiences to your own desires. No more buying proprietary rigs or batteries or accessories. The 510MOD is based on a 25mm quartz banger making it ready to match up with your favorite inserts with up to a 19mm diameter. A smooth beveled edge top makes a perfect seal for all 25mm bubble caps. The 510MOD has a standard 14mm male glass joint fitting and can be accompanied with a reducer to fit on all of your favorite rigs. A 510 threaded mod box battery with myevic.bin firmware and your own favorite rig or j-hook is required to use the 510MOD.

The concept of this device is to promote modularity and inspire custom design. While the 510MOD was created to provide the user with the most options for affordability and minimal proprietary parts, it has been built to allow the user to source each part individually for complete customization. Sketches made in autocad with dimensions of the Wooden Sleeve and Cap as well as the 510MOD banger will be made available for customers that want to have these made by their own preferred wood turning guru or artistic glass blower.

The design of the 510MOD is based on the KISS method. To keep things simple, the 510MOD uses parts that have already been tried and tested for quality sourced from FC members that have served our community proud with great customer service and products. I would like to take this opportunity to thank @divinetribe and @710Coils for all their help in getting the parts and pieces of the 510MOD. I hope to provide the same quality and customer service that these two have set as the high bar.

The 510MOD consists of 4 basic parts. The heater and heater base. The banger and the wooden body. The wooden body is not an essential part; however, I do think it is a great thing to have if you ever plan to use the 510MOD as a portable device with a j-hook/adapter as I often do. The sleeve helps retain heat and provides the user with a safeguard from burns, however the wooden sleeve can get hot enough that it could be uncomfortable to hold during use. The wooden cap helps keep your inserts and pearls from escaping the banger when traveling with the 510MOD, while ensuring nothing gets into your banger as well. The wooden cap can be used as a carb cap in dire moments; however, it will never function near as good as a bubble cap. The cap and wooden sleeves have magnets to keep them together, however these magnets also work great as a place holder for your dab tool before or after.

Last edited by a moderator:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have lots of testing under my own belt with this device and it has eliminated my quest for a portable dabbing device. I wanted one of those $3-400 portable dab devices so bad that I decided to create one we can all share for less. The price point of the 510MOD is as follows:

Basic Model (No inserts, pearls, reducer or tweezer):

4 Basic Parts will cost about $130 plus shipping.

Premium Model 1 (No bubblecap):

4 Basic Parts, 2 quartz inserts, 3 SiC pearls, 1 reducer and 1 set of tweezers will cost about $180 plus shipping.

Premium Model 2:

4 Basic Parts, 2 quartz inserts, 3 SiC pearls, 1 reducer, 1 set of tweezers and bubble cap will cost about $220 plus shipping.

Of course, all the items will be available to buy individually and all my prices will be comparable with the market. For instance, I plan to sell 2 opaque inserts and a set of tweezers for the same price as @710Coils and my heaters will be the same price as @divinetribes sells them for on their website. I plan to have a similar website at 510MOD.com soon with pricing. Eventually, I hope to have a killer logo which can later be used to make 510MOD swag such as shirts, stickers and/or dab mats. It will also keep stock inventory so you will only be able to buy items when they are in stock.

Unfortunately, funding and more outside testing are needed before I will start stocking the store. In the meantime, I hope to get 10 units ready for production and out into the open. If you are interested and have funds available, please let me know by Private Message and I will add your name to a list. The link below is to my IG account where you can find several pictures and videos of the device. I hope to add more pictures and videos soon; however, it is not always easy to make videos as I have 4 little ones running around so my sessions are kept to a minimum in general anyway leaving no extra time to setup cameras and do retakes.

The 510MOD is designed to use the myevic.bin firmware. After seeing the G43 and many users using their own modboxs and leaving them on for 6 minute or longer sessions I started to feel that a modbox would be a suitable battery for a portable dab rig. I still have some trouble with the specs I currently run with such as “Device Too Hot”. This is typically after more than 6 minutes have gone by I believe, however with this device taking as long to heat up as it does that is not very long of a run time. Currently the 510MOD takes about a minute or longer to get to temp at the floor. If you want a good heatsoaked hit that will mirror a dab hit then you might need to give it a full 2 minutes. The time in between hits after the first hit is all up to the user. If more than 60 seconds is needed between dabs then I would recommend turning the device off between dabs and allowing a 30 second reheat. Really, this is the part I would like to get more outside experience and feedback on as I have not played around with the settings too much due to the fact that this way works fine for me. I typically press the button to start the heater and while it is pre-heating I pull out the rest of my gear and load up my first dab. The device is pretty close to ready by the time I am ready with that first loaded dab.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have been running 315F on Ni setting and 32 watts with an ohm reading of .71, however I typically had to fidget with my modbox to get the reading of .71. This seemed to give me great performance, however I noticed all to often when I insert a new base and heater my ohms will read .58-.61. I am currently reading .58 ohms and running 425F on Ni setting and 32 watts with a lot of success. I am sure this thing can be fine-tuned to work faster and keep a more stabilized temperature; however, I am not one to play with these things too much. I am hoping the first 10 users can help come up with some settings for fast hits, temp stabilization at designated temp and low-temp heatsoaking. Perhaps someone will even come up with a setting or way to run the device at high watts for 15-30 seconds for a super quick pre-heat and then back off to just enough wattage to keep the temp stabilized. In TC mode it does stabilize, however it will still increase 1F per second or two.

I am sure there is plenty I left out or did not discuss so please feel free to ask any questions and leave any comments here or on my IG. My IG account is @510MOD. I look forward to hearing all your questions and feedback.

Chris@510MOD

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The only issue i see is using it with certain rigs that have joints placed high up or in weird positions where the mod doesnt sit on the table it could be top heavy and knock your rig over if your not holding it

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
This can definetly be an issue. Check out my IG @510MOD for some solutions. Of course there are some pieces so small I just would not recommend them with certain mod box's. My evic basic mini will fit on just about anything for about 10 hits. My RX Gen3 dual battery is much heavier but it gives me a full day or two and fits my rig well. I usually charge it every night and I am usually around 60-75% battery life depending on how much I used it that day.

Battery life is not the greatest I will admit. I tried going up to a RX300 (4 batt mod) but it often got "device too hot" error right as it got to 450F on the floor which is just too soon for a good hit.

Don't forget this is meant to be portablel as well. I hope to add mini j-hooks made by members of this very forum.

So far, everything I provide in this project is sourced from these forums except the o-rings and wood. I did ask several members on this site first, and they were all enthusiastic and interested, however they were not able to jump into a new project so quick. I am sure they would be willing to do customs, but the guy making them now is in SC so they are american made if that matters to anyone. He is a real quality wood worker with great craftsmanship and awesome customer service as well.

I have 8 multi-layered wood sleeves and caps coming in on Tuesday with 2 solid wood sleeves and caps. The magnets in the new sleeves are much smaller and seem to be just a . This is the last thing I need to assemble 10 units of the basic or premium 1 models listed above.

The device works well and I have videos to show it with a k type coupler inserted in the dish for floor temp reference. Please check them out on my IG @510MOD. I know I should bring the videos here, however I am not sure which platform to use for videos.

Hippie

I like this idea :tup:
Good luck with the project
Looking forward to seeing more

Surprised nobody makes a 510 extension to get around the weight and balance issue.
I feel a lot happier using 510 weed atties on glass with my homemade one.
Maybe an accessory you could do with a matching wooden piece to house the 510 connector?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I like this idea :tup:
Good luck with the project
Looking forward to seeing more

Surprised nobody makes a 510 extension to get around the weight and balance issue.
I feel a lot happier using 510 weed atties on glass with my homemade one.
Maybe an accessory you could do with a matching wooden piece to house the 510 connector?
I had also thought about that so I purchased a cheap 510 extender on dhgate and it seemed less idea when I got it mainly because it was so cheaply made. Another concern is what it does to the coil resistance. I am far from an expert and honestly barely understand these electronics devices, however when I discussed this with Matt from @divinetribe he mentioned that adding these extenders could be like adding length to a coil which could add or change the resistance making the device less capable of controlling or stabilizing heat. I could have understood this wrong.

It would be great to get some insight from @funkyjunky since he already has something like this with the TuboX and his straw device. Perhaps @funkyjunky can share on how this is done or perhaps he would like to make some cheapnadapters for those of us whom would prefer a tether over a direct attachment. If this was done, the wooden sleeve could be increased in length at the bottom and a hole could be cut in the side to allow the unit to sit flat while in use.

After checking the shipping this morning I was surprised to find out the first 10 wooden sleeves will land today. I will take pictures and post them later tonight or tomorrow.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Very interesting concept. How big of a mod box is needed? Single dual, or triple cell?
Hoping I can use my single cell mod from my g43 to power this.
I typically use my RX2 Gen3 which runs on (2) 18650 batteries. I can get about 20 or so dabs out of the (2) batteries.

The evic mini basic I have is only 1500mah so it is slighlty smaller than most 18650's and it can provide about 10 hits.

What mod are you currently running on your G43? I would have liked to try more mods myself but I spend the money on meds instead.

Basically, if you can load the myevic.bin firmware on your mod box then you should be good to go!

510MOD

Manufacturer
Here are the First 11 Units shown as base models. These are going for $130 plus shipping as shown with 1 insert of your choice. The following add-ons are also currently available:
(2) Clear Slit or Not-slit Inserts and Strait or Curved Tweezers @ $20
(2) Opaque Bottom Slit or Not-slit Inserts and Strait or Curved Tweezers @ $30
(3) 6mm Quartz Terp Pearls @ $7
(3) 5mm SiC Terp Pearls @ $9
(1) 18/14 Reducer @ $10

The new sleeves are a little looser than I wanted and the notches are not as straight as when I first received them due to having to be reworked to make sure the banger slides all the way down into the sleeve. This does not affect performance, however if anyone purchases one of these first 11 sleeves and is not happy with their sleeve, then I will replace them if the unsatisfactory sleeve is sent back. Please send me a PM if you want to get one of these. If you want to see more pictures of any of the wooden sleeve and cap sets please let me know. There are a couple of these that had me drooling and clutching as if I was never gonna let them go!
20190617-203449.jpg

20190617-203536.jpg

20190617-203545.jpg

20190617-200654.jpg

20190617-200710.jpg

20190617-200720.jpg

20190617-200802.jpg

20190617-200931.jpg

20190617-201027.jpg

20190617-201041.jpg

20190617-201119.jpg

20190617-201221.jpg

20190617-201256.jpg

20190617-201342.jpg

20190617-201449.jpg

20190617-201454.jpg

20190617-201516.jpg

20190617-201525.jpg

20190617-201544.jpg

20190617-201636.jpg

Last edited:

510MOD

Manufacturer
I really wasn't trying to share all my trade secrets without selling a few first, but hell, it's very basic under there. There is no atomizer. Just a base and 13mm donut provided by @divinetribe
The 25mm bottomless banger is provided by @710Coils

I will sell these as Stripped Down Base Units for those who don't want wood sleeves. The price would be $85 plus shipping.
20190619-115146.jpg

I forgot to mention. All units come with a small flat head screw drivers, extra screws, basic dab tool, (3) 13mm donut heaters and (5) extra o-rings.

Who wants to get this party started?

510MOD

Manufacturer
Thank you. This project all started out with me trying to build a device that competes with the Peak and Switch. I don't have those, but this can compete with my enail. The hardest part right now is keeping the bottom of the insert clean. Idk if it's because the temp is always slowly rising even under TC or if it is because the heat is more direct but I do get chazzing on the floor if I run it dry when its dirty or if I run it too long after a dab.

I was running a Greek Glass Ruby insert for a month and that was so much better. Heat up time was much longer (x2 basically) but the heat lasted longer after turning the heater off and the Ruby is so easy to keep clean. Chazzing was not an issue. Unfortunately, I left the device on with the Ruby insert one day after a really good session and after a few minutes I heard it crack. I have not tried Ruby since, but I rock the opaque bottom inserts on the regular and swap them out after about 3 or 4 sessions which is about 10-15 dabs for me.

buckhakeesah

Wow, that crack is unfortunate. I've had my GG ruby inside of my 710coil banger in temp ranges in upwards of 900-1000F for 10-15 minutes on average for deep cleaning and been lucky so far. I'll be watching this as I am interested in seeing how this develops. Props to you for being innovative and pulling off a cool portable setup!

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: 710Coils

510MOD

Manufacturer
I
Wow, that crack is unfortunate. I've had my GG ruby inside of my 710coil banger in temp ranges in upwards of 900-1000F for 10-15 minutes on average for deep cleaning and been lucky so far. I'll be watching this as I am interested in seeing how this develops. Props to you for being innovative and pulling off a cool portable setup!
I have wondered about the crack and what really caused it. My temp should have never been over 600-650F considering I dab around 450-475F and only let it run a few minutes but that coil must bounce around in temp more than we think causing more thermal stress. I am not really sure but quartz has been bomb proof!

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I really wasn't trying to share all my trade secrets without selling a few first, but hell, it's very basic under there. There is no atomizer. Just a base and 13mm donut provided by @divinetribe
The 25mm bottomless banger is provided by @710Coils

I will sell these as Stripped Down Base Units for those who don't want wood sleeves. The price would be $85 plus shipping.
20190619-115146.jpg

I forgot to mention. All units come with a small flat head screw drivers, extra screws, basic dab tool, (3) 13mm donut heaters and (5) extra o-rings.

Who wants to get this party started?
Now it makes more sense. I was wondering how that little atty was gonna heat up the banger and the insert. Nice....
I think it would be cool instead of a joint flip it up and make a mouth piece. I know I'm high.lol
How long does it take to heat up the insert to get a dab.

Edit do you think a mesh coil would heat up better than a ceramic just thinking out loud.

510MOD

Manufacturer
Now it makes more sense. I was wondering how that little atty was gonna heat up the banger and the insert. Nice....
I think it would be cool instead of a joint flip it up and make a mouth piece. I know I'm high.lol
How long does it take to heat up the insert to get a dab.
I had thought about making the joint turn up for easier portable use but then I found one of these and figure it would be just as good for a mouthpiece and it does work.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwsRuwwnp53/?igshid=1afbfpuzl3h62

https://m.dhgate.com/product/high-q...-glass/389542740.html#s1-7-1;searl|3334469488

Ideally I would love to see custom j-hooks made by @Monkeyhouse and @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd whom I have talked with both already.

Last edited:

510MOD

Manufacturer
It seems like everyone is sleeping on these right now. So in hopes to help trigger a few sells, I will be offering 10% discount on all orders placed by 12pm EST on 7/5/2019.

DM me for ordering. Invoices will be sent via Paypal until I get a website set up. All prices are listed below:

Basic Model (No inserts, pearls, reducer or tweezer)
4 Basic Parts will cost about $130 plus shipping.

The following add-ons are also currently available:
(2) Clear Slit or Not-slit Inserts and Strait or Curved Tweezers @ $20
(2) Opaque Bottom Slit or Not-slit Inserts and Strait or Curved Tweezers @ $30
(3) 6mm Quartz Terp Pearls @ $7
(3) 5mm SiC Terp Pearls @ $9
(1) 18/14 Reducer @ $10

I hope everyone is looking forward to a Happy Independence Day!

Last edited:
Top Bottom