420EDC MicroDoser from Mendo Mulcher

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
What the heck are you taking about? Did you read my posting?

Yes I read your posting, multiple times.

I'm a microdoser. I'm all over f*c, and even this thread, as a microdoser. my expressed interest to which you responded was to grind a small amount.

Put a nug in this defective product and you wind up with material squished into the space between the two circles of aligned (!) blades. Almost no usable output falls through to the collection chamber.

Flowers shouldn't be squishing into a grinder. @MAbud & @antispleen have had no issues grinding material. Not all material is the same, some is dry, some is not so dry, some is dense, some is larf, and there is a lot in between. Sounds like your material is not so dry.

Your straw man nonsense of me using this piece of garbage as a "desktop unit" for a larger amount of product is a complete fabrication.

If you filled this thing 1/2 way with dense material, then the catch won't work once it is full. That is all I was trying to say. I'm not fabricating anything. You could grind the material in the grind zone because it isn't falling

If this seriously if your response, @cannabis.pro, I'm calling this as the closest thing I've seen to a con in the cannabis community. Sheesh. The audacity of coming in here to pitch product and then to take this attitude!

I have no attitude. I'm responding to you. There is no tone or pitch or anything in what I type and I'm really bummed that this grinder isn't working as expected for you.

If this is your idea of customer service, i hope you'll walk it back. OMG he practically challenged me to a battle of the videos. (Mine would be devastating). What's wrong with him?

You are attacking a product I sell for Mendo Mulcher that they designed for 420EDC and my reputation. There is nothing wrong with me. I am showing a video to show how my grinder is working. It isn't a challenge to you. This isn't a battle. I'm just showing how this grinder works for me.

It is designed off of the Mendo Mulcher Mini 1.5" and I have three of them sitting here that are two piece units. Has every bud in I've put in any grinder came out perfect, no. I blame the material before I blame the grinder, or I blame myself. Am I blaming you? Not at all. Maybe your device is faulty, the teeth aren't sharp properly.

Cancel your orders folks.

How about this? I'll send you a Mendo Mulcher 2 piece to compare this to build wise, quality wise, and grind wise. You can trash both of them, give them to someone who might enjoy them, or whatever you want.

I can't speak to whether it's a defective design or wide tolerances and poor quality control affecting my unit, which is u-s-e-l-e-s-s as a grinder.

As for me, this is going in the dumpster. I'm not going to waste more product trying to come to with some tweak. It doesn't work.

I'm not sending something back through the federal mail with trace elements of cannabis.
Please don't send it back as you've already used it. We don't take any used products back for this reason and other health concerns.

My sincere advice is to try some different material when you come across something new that you are willing to experiment with further. Drop me a line here to let me know your order # and name and I'll send off a two piece Mendo Mulcher for you to compare to.

The two units aren't manufactured identically so there are variances in tolerances like you mention, however, I feel that the grind I'm getting is comparable to the 2 piece. The arrangement of the teeth are nearly identical and I believe the thickness of the teeth to be almost identical too. To my eye, the MicroDoser has slightly thicker teeth, I'll break out the caliper to see if I can grab enough to measure.

I'll get back to working on the video now, it isn't long nor edited
. It's not a challenge to you @analytika in anyway. It's a challenge to me as I haven't posted any videos in quite some time.

EDIT: There are some slight variances in thickness to the inside teeth in the top of the grinding area, the outer perimeter teeth are slightly thinner. The upside inner teeth are about the same thickness as the 6 teeth in the lower grind chamber.

Last edited:

analytika

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
A recalcitrant and arrogant "blame the customer" meltdown by "Mr professional cannabis". He's burning his reputation here and doesn't even see it.

He says with a straight face he wouldn't accept a return (which i already btw said I won't send).

Take that in, folks. @cannabis.pro won't accept the return of a defective product. Because ... I tried it ... only way to learn it's defective! Does that apply to everything he sells? Just wow. Even @Summer assumed that was an option under these circumstances.

I've seen and heard enough to call it. I was conned by a con. Won't do business with him again. Sounds like I should keep this rip off for a future opportunity to post pics or a video of this product disaster for when my circumstances (ongoing family emergency) change. I fully expect others to beat me to the punch.

It is certainly no fun to be attacked by a retailer while sitting overnight in a hospital waiting room.

Last edited:
analytika,

snackmaster

It's that the blades barely make contact with the material! Lack of angle on the blades. Two rows form circles, surprisingly far apart, aligned rather than askew to form teeth. How are these blades supposed to make contact with product? The holes to the collector seem drilled straight, not sharpened edges.

Looks like all mendo teeth are arranged like that, but maybe the small size kinda amplifies the (perceived) shortcomings of that design? Either way, sounds like mendo isn't the brand for you. It sucks when something falls short of expectations. Can be very frustrating.

...my circumstances (ongoing family emergency)...

It is certainly no fun to be attacked by a retailer while sitting overnight in a hospital waiting room.

Hoping the best for you and yours :peace:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@analytika

Just a quick FYI for you.

@cannabis.pro is a RETAILER.
This means he SELLS products manufactured by other companies, like Amazon for example.
You cannot attack him personally because he is trying to help you out with a product he SELLS.

If i bought a product from Amazon and i was not happy, I would contact the MANUFACTURER first for help before bashing Amazon for selling a product i did not like. There is an order of contact that works best for the consumer and your method is very counter-productive in my opinion.

Every one is allowed an opinion but you are bashing the wrong person.

The mini Mendo is just one product he sells and a new one at that.
I have many grinders and depending on the material i load, they either work perfectly or get stuck.
I understand this fact and live with it because not all my herb is perfectly cured.
All grinders work best with dry, non sticky material unfortunately...

duff

Well worn
Hey @analytika, it sounds to me like you don't have the cap all the way down on the grinder.
I don't know how familiar you are with grinders so no offense intended.
No grinder will work correctly if the mating surfaces aren't tight when loaded.
In my grinders, if there is any material on the magnet surfaces keeping the two pieces apart, there will be little to no grinding happening.
Load very little along the outside and make certain that the magnet areas are clear.
With small grinders there is less room for error.

analytika

Hey @analytika, it sounds to me like you don't have the cap all the way down on the grinder.

Nope. Outer rim it's metal against metal.
@MAbud had a similar report of free spinning, little engagement, if I read his report correctly. Mine spins like a gyroscopic top it's ridiculous.

@analytika
******* is a RETAILER.
This means he SELLS products manufactured by other companies, like Amazon for example.

I would certainly hold any retailer responsible for stocking and reselling a defective product. (Amazon has superlative customer service on average, with some sh*tty outliers.) Any retailer worth customer patronage takes responsibility, makes good on published claims and treats customers with respect.

That's been my experience with most herb grinder purchases. Including redress after some product misfires. Might tell the tales when I get a better sense of what's kosher to say here.

I generally have been treated well by the cannabis community's leading retailers, count a handful of their owner/operators as friends. As they say, the exception proves the rule.

I guess the one positive of this experience is i have this nice shiny little example of a product gone terrible wrong to put on the table for discussion, now that the has turned into a retailer story

Last edited:
analytika,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I would certainly hold any retailer responsible for stocking and reselling a defective product. Any worth customer patronage takes responsibility, makes good on published claims and treats customers with respect.

That's been my experience with most herb grinder purchases. Including redress after some product misfires. I generally have been treated well by the cannabis community's leading retailers, count a handful of them as friends. As they say, the exception proves the rule.

I agree with you to a point!
As a retailer selling products, when a new product comes out for a line they already carry, they will receive the new products as well.
@cannabis.pro has NOTHING to prevent them sending him defective products, that is what i am saying.
He has gone above and beyond by offering to send you a free grinder to see if it fits you better and you still bash him...

We all have experiences that do not align with what we thought we were getting!
I have had many of these experiences with vapes, some love them and some hate them, in the end it is our own decision to try a new product out.

Since @cannabis.pro had ZERO development, R&D, testing or any other part in it's manufacture, I believe you have been focusing your anger at one person over a product he just sells.

An example for you:
I love my Kannastor Vape GR8TR!! I am on my 2nd one already, why 2?
I managed to break the small clear plastic ring, so I emailed Kannastor to ask if i could buy a replacement.
They replied with a coupon for $10 off a new one that i would have to order from the States, pay shipping and duties because they do not sell spare parts.
To me this is BS!!
After i received my answers posted on FC looking for options and @InterplanetaryTanner offered to ship me some of theirs for free to get me going again, they did not fit sadly but the offer to help was immense for me!
I bought a few more grinders and nothing was as good for me, so I bought another one exactly the same!

Now it is not perfect by any means...
Grind dry bud and it is the BEST grinder i have used!
Anything moist gets stuck in the teeth, unscrews the grinding plate and messes up the grind.
This is NOT a manufacturer fault since grinders are designed to work best with dry material.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted out and in mu y opinion you have been treated with respect.
@cannabis.pro has not lost his temper, swore at you or ignored any of your posts.
As far as customer service goes, he is doing a great job trying to help you out ON A FORUM in REAL TIME. Don't get that too often these days...

szai

I agree with you to a point!
As a retailer selling products, when a new product comes out for a line they already carry, they will receive the new products as well.
@cannabis.pro has NOTHING to prevent them sending him defective products, that is what i am saying.
He has gone above and beyond by offering to send you a free grinder to see if it fits you better and you still bash him...

We all have experiences that do not align with what we thought we were getting!
I have had many of these experiences with vapes, some love them and some hate them, in the end it is our own decision to try a new product out.

Since @cannabis.pro had ZERO development, R&D, testing or any other part in it's manufacture, I believe you have been focusing your anger at one person over a product he just sells.

An example for you:
I love my Kannastor Vape GR8TR!! I am on my 2nd one already, why 2?
I managed to break the small clear plastic ring, so I emailed Kannastor to ask if i could buy a replacement.
They replied with a coupon for $10 off a new one that i would have to order from the States, pay shipping and duties because they do not sell spare parts.
To me this is BS!!
After i received my answers posted on FC looking for options and @InterplanetaryTanner offered to ship me some of theirs for free to get me going again, they did not fit sadly but the offer to help was immense for me!
I bought a few more grinders and nothing was as good for me, so I bought another one exactly the same!

Now it is not perfect by any means...
Grind dry bud and it is the BEST grinder i have used!
Anything moist gets stuck in the teeth, unscrews the grinding plate and messes up the grind.
This is NOT a manufacturer fault since grinders are designed to work best with dry material.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted out and in mu y opinion you have been treated with respect.
@cannabis.pro has not lost his temper, swore at you or ignored any of your posts.
As far as customer service goes, he is doing a great job trying to help you out ON A FORUM in REAL TIME. Don't get that too often these days...

That's very different from my experience with ryot this past week. I had the elastic web panel peel off of my axe bag. They sent me another bag. I asked them for a different model and they agreed! They have awesome service in my experience. Send them another email maybe they send you a replacement now!

analytika

********has NOTHING to prevent them sending him defective products...
He has gone above and beyond by offering to send you a free grinder

Any retailer of other people's products can and should exercise a quality control function.

If I've seen enough of a particular grinder or other cannabis retailer's process and way of dealing with customers - including in a public forum - to decide not to do business, I'm really not going to be coaxed back with some face saving offer a free doohickey.

I suggested a path forward (that was clearly rejected from the get go) that would have resolved the matter, which would have been SOP with other retailers I patronize.

Last edited:
analytika,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Any retailer of other people's products can and should exercise a quality control function.

If I've seen enough of a particular grinder or other cannabis retailer's process and way of dealing with customers - including in a public forum - to decide not to do business, I'm really not going to be coaxed back with some face saving offer a free doohickey. I suggested a path forward but it was clearly rejected from the get go and that should have been the end of it.[/USER]

Just wanted to post this here as well. Copied from Herb Grinder thread.

That's your choice then.
Do any retailers open and check all their products before shipping? That would be a seriously time consuming project... It would have saved me a lot of money if someone tested my broken EVO at the factory before sending it back to me after warranty repair, only to have it arrive and one power wire was not connected INSIDE the unit. I have issue with that kind of service.
Kind of hard to test a grinder before shipping out. Imagine the fallout if a speck of legal testing material was left inside your BRAND NEW grinder...
No one was coaxing, it was an offer to compare.

I am very interested to see how many other people join here to complain about the new mini, since all i have read is good, except for you.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
A recalcitrant and arrogant "blame the customer" meltdown by "Mr professional cannabis". He's burning his reputation here and doesn't even see it.

He says with a straight face he wouldn't accept a return (which i already btw said I won't send).
This is correct. 420EDC will not accept any used returns. Direct from 420EDC:

No Opened & Used Returns are accepted due to the nature of the products we sell. Return policy is 14 Days, no questions asked on unused products.​

Take that in, folks. @cannabis.pro won't accept the return of a defective product. Because ... I tried it ... only way to learn it's defective! Does that apply to everything he sells? Just wow. Even @Summer assumed that was an option under these circumstances.

Under what circumstances? I don't even know who you are or if you are a real customer of 420EDC. You are an avatar in this forum who I have no idea if you really even purchased this product. Customer service doesn't happen in a public forum, at least not with me beyond what I've provided here. Anyone on FC can come in here and post. We have open communication channels via email or chat right through 420EDC.

You won't return the product due to contamination. We didn't ask you to due to contamination.

We offered to send you the product this unit was designed from to compare and contrast. You are yet to private message me your name and order # so that I can actually locate your order.

You are welcome to email me photos of the insides of the grinder (without material) and/or the outside of the grinder assembled to see if there is anything structurally wrong with it as far as the teeth not being sharp or some other anomaly.

I've seen and heard enough to call it. I was conned by a con. Won't do business with him again. Sounds like I should keep this rip off for a future opportunity to post pics or a video of this product disaster for when my circumstances (ongoing family emergency) change. I fully expect others to beat me to the punch.

I'm saddened to hear that you are having an emergency crisis situation. Hope you feel better. I'm not attacking you. I'm responding. Get well!

analytika

I don't even know who you are or if you are a real customer of 420EDC. !
For goodness sakes, @cannabis.pro, give it a rest. Dissembling, straw men, attacking, faux sympathy, just stop it. I'm not shipping a used grinder anywhere. And frankly I'm not sanguine about giving you my bona fides anyway with what I've read here. Would you really respect my privacy? Yeah forget my expression of interest in a refund.

Meanwhile it'll be a nice visual aid for future cautionary tales I tell at industry roundtables. Pity your logo's on it. I'll be passing it around like an air hockey puck.

The unapologetic tone and intensity of your pushback to genuine complaints by a paying customer should be noteworthy for people considering giving you their business, wholesale or consumer.

Last edited:
analytika,

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...it saddens me to think people will resolve a problem in a public forum...

I don't even know who you are or if you are a real customer of 420EDC. You are an avatar in this forum who I have no idea if you really even purchased this product. Customer service doesn't happen in a public forum, at least not with me beyond what I've provided here. Anyone on FC can come in here and post. We have open communication channels via email or chat right through 420EDC.

... @cannabis.pro has been very diplomatic in my opinion with this 'issue'...

...the only real way to be satisfied with customer service is person to person and not over a public forum... attacks like this on public forums usually don't even get the time of day for OBVIOUS reasons (may be a 'fake' attack, not fully legitimate, competitor? etc)... i think how the issue had been handled was topnotch considering how these things usually turn out...

...don't mean to disrespect anyone here, we all handle things differently, however, there is proper ways of handling/dealing with issues....

Jah1975

I feel like I want to order one of these just to show some support to a Distributor who has shown great restraint and diplomacy in dealing with a tough situation that seems to be mostly isolated.
Good Luck EDC, I think it is clear how good your customer service is and how much your customers mean to you.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@lazylathe @Jah1975 @mephisto thank you for the kind words.

I'm convinced that this is all about material quality, not bad manufacturing as Dave had the MicroDoser in R&D for 3+ months, and that it is based off of the Mendo Mulcher Mini almost to a T.

If you put larfy or fresh material in here, it will cut it up and it may not fall through the holes. That is the material, not this device by design.

I broke out a second unit this morning after evaluating the entire batch for any machining anomalies or shortcomings. The only differences I could find which correlate to the lid spinning freely like a top or not so freely is the spacing on the magnets. If they are deep in the pit of the countersink in the middle piece, then the unit is more likely to spin freely. If the magnet is slightly above the space to house the magnet, then the magnet will physically bond to the other magnet so long as that magnet is within reach above.

In a freely spinning lidded unit with what I consider A Grade material, dense, dry, proper dry/cure, age etc. the unit works like a charm. With B Grade material you do get varying results because the material is larfy, fresh/sticky and/or just a bad dry/cure.

This could just also be flower to flower as well. Not every flower is created equal and with 16 small holes, they aren't going to expand to allow larger material to fall through. The teeth will cut, heck in video from @antispleen I think he threw a chunk of stem in there.

If you have larger material sitting in the middle chamber that isn't falling through, there is nothing stopping you from dumping it manually into the catch, as I did in the video of the larger piece of ground material, leaf and stem that didn't fall through to the catch.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
20190118_120116__16419.1547833585.jpg

Update for 2019 MicroDoser has a deeper catch over the 2018 version.

We also should have 1.75" 3 Piece in the next week or two as well as 2" & 2.25" to follow later in June.

Top Bottom