little maggie

Great story. Thank you. But question 2: why are so many fcers talking about waiting until then to buy a new vape? My VAS is too out of control to wait for that occasion but I'm still curious.

little maggie,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It's the cannabis lovers official holiday. I usually buy a new vaporizer each year in honor of that date, the perfect excuse. I just bought an EVO. Watch for good deals on your fav vaporizer. I'm still going to order some accessories.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
There are many stories of where 420 originated - here's a good huffington post on it - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/19/420-history-the-story-beh_n_851136.html

I've also heard of the group from San Rafael High School as the origins of the 4:20 number.

why are so many fcers talking about waiting until then to buy a new vape
Why do people wait until Black Friday to shop for the best deals?

420 is our holiday (710 is the other one). It's almost expected for businesses to offer some sort of sales for the holiday, which we have no problem obliging to the masses lol.

Rebelistic

^ I read it was about the students meeting up at that time and that also someone wrote a book where they suggested that 4:20 was the socially acceptable time to consume herb. I'm not sure wheather it's signficant or not...Could be a handy code to use, I wonder what proportion of herb users recognise it compared to non users.

Rebelistic,
Reactions: AJS

AJS

Calm Consistency
^ I read it was about the students meeting up at that time and that also someone wrote a book where they suggested that 4:20 was the socially acceptable time to consume herb. I'm not sure wheather it's signficant or not...Could be a handy code to use, I wonder what proportion of herb users recognise it compared to non users.
As someone who goes to a college...
95% of the people who consume herb here have heard of 420...hence why people were very surprised that Little Maggie didn't know.

Hwy420

I usually buy a new vaporizer each year in honor of that date, the perfect excuse.
Super cool! I think that's the best way to celebrate 4/20! :)

It's almost expected for businesses to offer some sort of sales for the holiday, which we have no problem obliging to the masses lol.
I hope.... it would be just in time: I'm planning to buy a new vape one of these days.

little maggie

As someone who goes to a college...
95% of the people who consume herb here have heard of 420...hence why people were very surprised that Little Maggie didn't know.
College was decades ago for me. I'm an elder member of the board and quit combusting in my 40's. Also all my friends quit decades ago. I can't be the only ignorant one. Can I?

MinnBobber

4:20 and a Haze-y sunset.
Coincidence?
I think not....
Haze%20at%20sunset.jpg

@little maggie ,
no big deal that you didn't know as now you do :)

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
College was decades ago for me. I'm an elder member of the board and quit combusting in my 40's. Also all my friends quit decades ago. I can't be the only ignorant one. Can I?

Not at all. If you asked 90% of weed users in my country they would give you a vacant look as to what 4.20 is. It is a regional thing but being on international boards you become aware of other countries colloquialisms are.

AJS

Calm Consistency
It's just .. It's almost everywhere it seems. You must be in an area where there isn't a 420 rasta graffiti or flag or something of the sort. Or a shirt. Or a hat. It's just interesting you haven't seen it much! Haha

AJS,

YungLeaner

@little maggie 4/20 has become mainstream marijuana culture in recent years, along the same lines as Bob Marley (sigh) and Cheech and Chong (double sigh). Its origin is unclear and I don't feel much of a historical connection to the number, but some people take it quite seriously and April 20th has become a nationally recognized marijuana holiday. I used to condescend towards all that sort of stuff, because to me the beauty of weed is in its capacity to both strengthen my faith in the synchronicity of the world while simultaneously medicating several issues that have not been helped by traditional medicine. But why stay up there on my high horse? It might hurt if I fell off.

As such, I like to celebrate 4/20 now. At the very least, it's a day when you know that you are not doing it alone--On occasion weed can feel like a solitary habit, even somewhat depressing, but on 4/20 the whole world is getting high!

It's like Yom Kippur for us Jews except not at all.

Last edited:

little maggie

It's just .. It's almost everywhere it seems. You must be in an area where there isn't a 420 rasta graffiti or flag or something of the sort. Or a shirt. Or a hat. It's just interesting you haven't seen it much! Haha
I doubt I'm in an obscure area- Portland Oregon known for "keeping it weird". I think you have to go somewhere where there is marijuana to see these kinds of things. FC is my source of info. I been buying from a friend's boyfriend who grows for the medical community but combusts rather than vaping.

little maggie

Ever heard of Google?
What's your point? It's hard to google something you don't know exists. I asked here, because this is where I heard of it. Apparently you think that was a stupid idea and I should have gone to google instead. I'll keep that in mind.
And yes I understand that you thought it was ridiculous that I asked in the first place.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
As such, I like to celebrate 4/20 now. At the very least, it's a day when you know that you are not doing it alone--On occasion weed can feel like a solitary habit, even somewhat depressing, but on 4/20 the whole world is getting high!

Great point mate :nod:. I will be the stereotypical stoner as I will be an unemployed pothead from Wednesday & definitely participating in 420 festivities in the appropriate spirit if alone in the flesh.

Stevenski,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I used to never know what 4:20 was until high school. Even so I never smoked until I was in my 20's. Now days, My friend's birthday is the day after 4:20 so we always make sure we get high as shit both days!

Winegums,

max

Out to lunch
What's your point? It's hard to google something you don't know exists.
While there's nothing wrong with asking here, your response to Mr. Gweilo doesn't make sense. You know the term '420' exists because you asked about it. All you have to do is enter it into the address/navigation bar of a browser and you'll get a whole page of hits, many of which explain the origin of the term. I do agree that his first response of 'Seriously?' was a little rude, but a web search that would have taken no more time (or less) than starting a thread, and provided even more info, is not a bad idea. It's what I generally do, at least for a start, anytime I want info about anything.

What's surprising to me is that there are so many myths about the origin of the term. At least these days, in the internet age, it's easy to find the real origin- stoners at San Rafael High School in CA, 45 years ago. Mythbusting 420

Top Bottom