420 'pop-top' jar

Longbones

Mason jars use a similar rubber gasket, though... ideally GonG mason jars would be the solution, but I've come to the conclusion those don't exist (except for the Herb Perserve apothecary jars but they didn't have the right size of those for me) after my exploration of the net.

Have you bought one of their pop top jars? Mine's still doing well so far but that's disappointing to hear...either way makes a nice showpiece I suppose and I've spent money on more trivial things :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up, mate.

Longbones,

2clicker

Observer
2clicker,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
CVault is good, but for vaping you probably don't need the humid pack in there. Dry seems to work better, at least for me. CVault is basically an Onxy food storage container with a lid that holds the pack. If you don't need that you can get an onyx.

Candle jars like the pop top 420 are poor choice for light, and the plastic seal will fail over time. They have screw top amber jars that are much better.

Those Vac-Pak containers are not airtight at all. Stay away from them at all costs.

Space Case makes the best container re: light and seal, but they are indeed small. They used to make a larger disc container and an even taller cylinder, but no more. Go with Space Case or CVault if you want a brand name.

GReYAReA,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Also, ground glass is meant to be sealed with oil or some waxy sealant, otherwise they are not airtight. It will also shed tiny glass particles; maybe safe long term, maybe not, I don't know.

GReYAReA,

cisco

GReyArea - Sealing gong joints with some sort of vacuum grease is required if you are going to actually be pulling a serious vacuum on the joint. For storage, not required. For all the gong hitting tools out there, folks don't pull enough of a vacuum to require vacuum grease. To prevent your gonged tools from sticking together, a bit of lube might be good. I've experienced some stickiness but have yet to actually lube.

As far as glass particles, you gotta be kidding.

cisco,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
I am not saying its dangerous; just pointing out the obvious. These joints do shed tiny bits of glass, and I personally don't want them. They also don't seal perfectly for long term storage. Put water in one and hold it upside down if you are curious.

Ground glass joints are not used in food storage containers, I assume for a reason. I am by no means crusading against them, just pointing out what is often overlooked.

GReYAReA,

cisco

SD_haze you are right. The most ridiculous thing ever is a poster suggesting a site promoting "modern polymeric materials" as preferred to glass on a forum where glass is nirvana tops all. No intent to be offensive, just terse.

cisco,

Longbones

Thanks for the ground glass links, guys! Don't care for small glass particles getting in my bud though, didn't know that was even a possibility. Depending on the fineness of the grind, I didn't think ground glass would shed glass flakes.

Longbones,
Top Bottom