1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

400*+ vapor temp / different amounts loaded

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Mookie0608, May 22, 2018.

1. Mookie0608

Mookie0608 Member

I hate needles to. I had so many surgeries and can’t tell you how long it takes to get an Iv in me. Taken 45 minutes is not rare there’s been occasions where I got poked so many times they gave up and gave me a gas mask then out the iv in after sleeping but I hate the cathaters a lot more. Sorry about the misunderstanding as well.

2. looney2nz

looney2nz Research Geek, Mad Scientist

Mind you, I'm not saying to dive into the deep end, just to get in a little deeper. Again, go slow.

I wish I could share that process, but it's still being refined and commercial possibilities evaluated.

Rosin products probably come closest. Other processes can maintain many of the compounds if they tune their systems better, and I've noted some folks 'fingerprinting' their flower for terpenes and recreating what was lost in their system by adding back in real cannabis terpenes to compensate.

Ethanol extraction systems that pull a vacuum should be able to lower the boiling point to keep more compounds intact.

Most of what this has is for the medical crowd, recreational users would have little interest in it.

3. arthritisbites

arthritisbites Member

Well now, you’re just a big old tease, aren’t you! Shame on you getting my hopes up! :lol:Well, I’ll be your first customer, you let me know when.

In terms of edibles, I think I’m going to stop paying attention to the numbers and just focus on what you said, how they make me feel. Frankly, I don’t really have another choice as I’m going to have to start making the edibles myself. I have the ABV, I was just hesitant to jump into that process because of the smell factor. I try to keep the house smelling as little like pot as possible. But I think I’m going to invest in the magic butter machine so I can do it in the backyard and not stink up the house.

Because there’s no way to determine how many milligrams are in an oil or tincture you make it home from ABV, right?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  4. looney2nz

looney2nz Research Geek, Mad Scientist

Honestly not trying to be a tease, just wanted you to know that these processes exist.
    I intend, if things go badly enough health-wise, to put what I have worked on into the public domain... in the interim, I have been encouraged by some folks to see if I can productize this, which would work out nicely, since medical bills have wiped out my retirement. I've already seen one european machine that does part of the process, using similar technology (haven't priced there's, was going to have one built to my specs as a test-bed). We'll see if folks appear with some of the other tech I've been working with. Until then, I creep along in between being flattened by health.

DO pay attention the numbers on the edibles, and notice your response to different kinds of edibles... some people are seemingly immune, mostly 'cause they don't have enough stuff in their digestion for the oils.
    I give digestive enzymes to folks. Anyway, you'll find edibles from various sources are different in bioavailability, so note those numbers from edible to edible.

not from ABV :(

You'll probably gain a feel for what is leftover from your vape after a few batches and try and gauge it from there, if you're really adventurous, you can always send one of the edibles to a lab, just be forewarned that the full array of tests is pricey. the simplified tests, I can't remember how much I paid for the last one, it's been awhile ($200?). I also don't know what the Prop64 changes represent for the labs, I know I heard some labs aren't taking samples from regular Joe's (kind of hard to believe, unless they had a deal with the folks that tested dirty).

I honestly don't know how much is left in your ABV, my Herbalaire milks my buds pretty thoroughly, BUT it's possible you could try and extract the ABV into ethanol and use a machine like 'the Source' to make concentrate to cook with? I've been collecting all the concentrate reclaim from my palm vapes with organic q-tips, and then tossing them into a bag for reprocessing later on down the line (someday!) and I'll see what kind of concentrate THAT can make, 'cause the last article I read on concentrate reclaim showed QUITE a bit of goodies leftover (albeit funkified, but reprocessed, it might make a nice batch of brownies!).

Starting with the known lab #'s of the flower, with a calibrated scale, you can weigh that flower (after pulverizing it in a food processor <more surface area>), before decarboxylation; and predicated on if you're making an edible oil for cooking, or concentrate for cooking, or even tinctures, calculate the % of THC, CBD, etc. with the weight and that should largely be the amount extracted through whichever process... THAT way, you have an idea on dosing. Same thing if you START with kief, various forms of concentrates.

arthritisbites likes this.
  5. arthritisbites

arthritisbites Member

I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to explain all this to me, please know that it is truly appreciated. I’ll just keep passing off my ABV to my sister and her broke friends to enjoy then! They only need a little bit to get them happy as clams, so at least it’s not going to waste!

looney2nz likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors