4/10 or 9/10,... huh?

VapeWell

To those Vaporents/ettes familair with the 10 point rating scale (e.g. 9/10) for how baked you are:

Unless you've visited such a place in the past, how do you know if the stone you've got on is only a 4 or an 8?

I'm not sure I've experienced a 10/10, so do have have any business stating "Oh, like dude, I was 8 of of 10!"?

Grazie,

VapeWell

VapeWell,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Who else is going to report more accurately on my experience than I am?
I think of it like the pain scale. "On a scale of one to 10, with 10 being the highest you can imagine, how how would you say you are right now?"
I've been 10 out of 10, especially considering the way @LesPlenty puts it. So sure, I feel comfortable reporting on my subjective experience. I sure can tell the difference between a 4/10 and a 9/10. I also know if I'm having a good day, bad day, great day. Just because the OP doesn't know if they've experienced a 10, doesn't mean I don't "have any business" stating if I feel I'm at an 8 out of 10. If the OP feels they can't say what they rate their high, I believe them. If someone says they are 8/10, I believe them, just as I believe them if they say they are happy, hungry, hot, in love, bored, etc. The alternative is to think they are somehow wrong or lying about what they feel, or don't know what they feel. It's a personal question and subjective by nature.

ThymeTraveler

I can see what LesPlenty is saying about the whiteouts, but I feel like a baked scale shouldn't end in unpleasantness. I wouldn't even put a whiteout as "off the charts" or "overbaked". Burnt maybe?

But still, I classify it on pleasant euphoria. so I guess a 10/10 would be "the most baked one can get without tipping over into sickness". 0/10 is not even trying. So then I sort of figure it out based on relativeness to those two.

Also I do kind of a Richter scale thing where each level is an order of magnitutde more stoned than the last.

VapeWell

Who else is going to report more accurately on my experience than I am?
I think of it like the pain scale. "On a scale of one to 10, with 10 being the highest you can imagine, how how would you say you are right now?"
I've been 10 out of 10, especially considering the way @LesPlenty puts it. So sure, I feel comfortable reporting on my subjective experience. I sure can tell the difference between a 4/10 and a 9/10. I also know if I'm having a good day, bad day, great day. Just because the OP doesn't know if they've experienced a 10, doesn't mean I don't "have any business" stating if I feel I'm at an 8 out of 10. If the OP feels they can't say what they rate their high, I believe them. If someone says they are 8/10, I believe them, just as I believe them if they say they are happy, hungry, hot, in love, bored, etc. The alternative is to think they are somehow wrong or lying about what they feel, or don't know what they feel. It's a personal question and subjective by nature.
Apologies if I came on strong implying that a poster was “lying” or “had no business”. These were personal references.
Am renewing my relationship with Mary Jane after a 40 yr. hiatus and merely trying to better understand the full spectrum of vaping experiences at a personal level. Appreciate any further insight.
More study on my part is clearly needed!
VapeWell

VapeWell,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom