300$ not a penny more

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek

So my new love for Vapes have got me addicted, and in last few months I have already bought 2 Solo,and Firewood walnut at Massdrop...
But what's itching is a dedicated desktop Vape, which is missing my arsenal...I am looking to buy a Vape , which can be effectively used with glass ware...its got to be built like a tank, as I am in India, and can't afford to send my Vape back to north america...so I have virtually no warranty,once my Vape goes bad, it remains bad :(
I would be doing herb and hash in this Vape too
Would be awesome if glassware is also included in this price..
Thxxx for reading and thank u FC, u guys have never let me down..coz of u guys I could kick smoking
Sorry for bad english

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Da Buddha or a Silver Surfer. I recall 7th Floor stating somewhere that they've had a unit on 24/7 for years and it still works. They're both solid workhorses (Silver Surfer being the "better" of the two, though both work quite well). Hash you could sandwich in between some weed or I'm pretty sure it would vape by itself too.

abhishek

Da Buddha or a Silver Surfer. I recall 7th Floor stating somewhere that they've had a unit on 24/7 for years and it still works. They're both solid workhorses (Silver Surfer being the "better" of the two, though both work quite well). Hash you could sandwich in between some weed or I'm pretty sure it would vape by itself too.

Thanks for ur reply..even I have been reading a lot bout Ssv and Lsv,and tbh I have been worried about mantainence of SSV..
bro if u asked to compare between SSV and LSV , which 1 would u pick . Which 1 got more suspectible parts

abhishek,

Quetzalcoatl

Thanks for ur reply..even I have been reading a lot bout Ssv and Lsv,and tbh I have been worried about mantainence of SSV..
bro if u asked to compare between SSV and LSV , which 1 would u pick . Which 1 got more suspectible parts
I own neither of the three, but I'm familiar with them. They've all got some glass to them, the Da Buddha and SSV have a glass cover for their heating element as well as the glass stem where you load the goodies and I believe the glass mouthpiece at the end of the whip. The LSV also has glass housed inside of the body around the heating element, as well as the stem and the GonG bowl.

If we're talking serious durability, I'd pick the DB or SSV over the LSV for this reason: the DB and SSV are actual desktop vapes, where they sit on a flat surface. The LSV is a cylinder. While it does have the temperature knob sticking out, I'm going to assume it's noticeably lighter than the other two, and thus more prone to accidentally falling off the table.

I don't recall there being much maintenance for the SSV? All I can really think of is cleaning the stem and whip, they'll obviously accumulate resin with use.

If longevity is a priority, perhaps a Da Buddha and an extra set of glass pieces (or two?) would be a worthy investment? The reason I recommended the vaporizers is because they've got very few electronic parts compared to other desktops, which would probably go first and require repair which as you said isn't very feasible.

abhishek

Thanks , thanks and thanks...very informative suggestions...
I was leaning more towards LSV , as I had read about some heating element going bad in SSV , initially..
But coz of ur post I am back to SSV again and would request more help, regarding buying spare parts , before hand for SSV..what do u think I should add with my SSV order,
Thanks, I don't know if I could ever help u, but if u by chance,need anything from India, jus PM me .bro

Quetzalcoatl

@Vitolo has a LOT of experience with the Silver Surfer, I believe it's his most-used unit? Perhaps he'll see this and chime in, as well as other posters. It's getting close to 1am right now so I suspect almost everyone's asleep (as most of us are in the US).

The LSV is also a worthy choice, don't get me wrong... but accidents happen. The Da Buddha is the cheapest of the three as I'm sure you've already noticed, also factoring in taxes, shipping, customs, etc. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them, and I've been eyeing the Da Buddha as my next desktop since the Herbalizer will be in the not-so-near future for me.

Replacement parts can be found on their respective websites, under the "Glass" tab.

http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/index.php

http://silversurfervap.com/home/

http://lifesabervaporizer.com/index.php/glass.html

And thank you for the kind offer :) I hear you guys make some amazing charas, and the temple balls are said to be some of the best hash in the world! I'd love to sample some, but I'm not looking to get either of us in trouble here... perhaps one day, good health allowing, I'll make my way to India. I'll be sure to drop you a line :tup: it's fun vaping with new people! I had a great time last weekend getting together with a bunch of fellow FC users.

abhishek

@Vitolo has a LOT of experience with the Silver Surfer, I believe it's his most-used unit? Perhaps he'll see this and chime in, as well as other posters. It's getting close to 1am right now so I suspect almost everyone's asleep (as most of us are in the US).

The LSV is also a worthy choice, don't get me wrong... but accidents happen. The Da Buddha is the cheapest of the three as I'm sure you've already noticed, also factoring in taxes, shipping, customs, etc. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them, and I've been eyeing the Da Buddha as my next desktop since the Herbalizer will be in the not-so-near future for me.

Replacement parts can be found on their respective websites, under the "Glass" tab.

http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/index.php

http://silversurfervap.com/home/

http://lifesabervaporizer.com/index.php/glass.html

And thank you for the kind offer :) I hear you guys make some amazing charas, and the temple balls are said to be some of the best hash in the world! I'd love to sample some, but I'm not looking to get either of us in trouble here... perhaps one day, good health allowing, I'll make my way to India. I'll be sure to drop you a line :tup: it's fun vaping with new people! I had a great time last weekend getting together with a bunch of fellow FC users.

I am thinking of buying this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Surf...809?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35caa5b3e1

Bro temple ball is Nepalese hash,,,but jus search for Malana cream,,and u would go crazy to come to India..FYI I am here in Delhi,India...and I can arrange really good stuff for u,,moreover I would love to meet a fellow FC member..haha

Quetzalcoatl

I am thinking of buying this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Surf...809?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35caa5b3e1

Bro temple ball is Nepalese hash,,,but jus search for Malana cream,,and u would go crazy to come to India..FYI I am here in Delhi,India...and I can arrange really good stuff for u,,moreover I would love to meet a fellow FC member..haha
That's a good price for one! That definitely helps keep things within your range.

Sorry about the confusion! I need to look at a geography map some more, apparently... I might have ended up in Turkey instead of India for all I know :lol:

I'm seeing that Malana cream and charas are the same thing? Is Malana cream just from the Malana village? How does it differ from charas? Or is that (charas) just a generic name for that type of hand hash? Strain Hunters did an episode on India that showed some really impressive stuff!

Even more impressive, some of the architecture you have! :o

Delhi_Montage.jpg

abhishek

I dont know bout technical stuff bout hash or charas.as we call it here..malana village does have a cult status..they make the best charas in india.and outsiders arent allowed..even the process of extraction is supposedly a secret ..infact its totally wild west kinda village where policing and other laws dont matter..this os because they are worshippers of lord shiva(he is lord of our favourite herb) and india being a religious country of hindus , dont interfere much with anything to do with lord shiva

BranFlakes188

Another +1 for the SSV if longevity and toughness is a priority. These things are built to last.

Also, if you're looking for water-tools, a few nice FC'ers have sourced some very cheap, quality glass over on this thread. I'm currently awaiting a sweet $28 (including postage) honeycomb bubbler from aliexpress. They ship from China so I'd assume it would get to you pretty quickly. May be worth a look if you want to get some cheap glass along with your new heavy-hitting vape.

abhishek

Another +1 for the SSV if longevity and toughness is a priority. These things are built to last.

Also, if you're looking for water-tools, a few nice FC'ers have sourced some very cheap, quality glass over on this thread. I'm currently awaiting a sweet $28 (including postage) honeycomb bubbler from aliexpress. They ship from China so I'd assume it would get to you pretty quickly. May be worth a look if you want to get some cheap glass along with your new heavy-hitting vape.
Thanks a lot ,friends...I have decided to go for SSV from eBay..
Are these Chinese glasses good enough, I am very scared of Chinese products :)
Can anyone guide me to a glass bubbler which can work with my Solo and also SSV..
I have 18mm pvhes gong also from PV

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well SSV is nice for sure but it is not a tank.. What will you do when/if your wand and hc brake.. Waiting again for delivery and paying 30-40$ for replacement glass :).. I had the Buddha and call me clumsy.. but.. I broker 3 wands and 5 heater covers (2 of them brand new while trying to snug them on the heating element) :). I paid more for replacement glass than the unit itself.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: abhishek

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Well SSV is nice for sure but it is not a tank.. What will you do when/if your wand and hc brake.. Waiting again for delivery and paying 30-40$ for replacement glass :).. I had the Buddha and call me clumsy.. but.. I broker 3 wands and 5 heater covers (2 of them brand new while trying to snug them on the heating element) :). I paid more for replacement glass than the unit itself.
Sorry but i will call you "Clumsy"...The SSV is a tank you can hit the housing with a hammer and it wont break. You can drop it on concrete and it wont break. The only thing that might break is the glass knob or heater cover if they happen to pop loose in a fall. I have had my SSV over a year now dropped it twice on tile and never broke a thing. I bought a spare wand and and HC on ebay for $33 and a few mini wands and have yet to break anything. Some people just don't get along with glass i guess.

BranFlakes188

Thanks a lot ,friends...I have decided to go for SSV from eBay..
Are these Chinese glasses good enough, I am very scared of Chinese products :)
Can anyone guide me to a glass bubbler which can work with my Solo and also SSV..
I have 18mm pvhes gong also from PV
I've also had bad experiences with a lot of Chinese products, but the feedback (and pricing) on these water-tools has been great thus far! I'll let you know how I go with mine.

@Abysmal Vapor - Wow, bad luck/butter-fingers dude. :p I've got the standard HC/wand and the spherical ground glass HC/wand, and while I've dropped the latter a couple of times, it's been absolutely fine, I've never had to replace anything. I've also accidentally bumped the SSV with a bit of force without any problems (which probably isn't surprising considering that there are Youtube videos of people hitting them with hammers only to turn them on again and have them work perfectly). All that being said, I have only had it for 3-4 months and I do use the hands-free kit, as I've found putting wands on tables, etc to be the best way to drop them. :\

Last edited:
BranFlakes188,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

abhishek

Friends I am definitely going for SSV , it seems very promising...
I am also buying spare -wand+heater cover and knobs..so that even if I break something(I have already broken 2 of my fav pvhes stems from PV, so consider me really clumsy, especially after a few tokes :) )
Anything else u guys think I should cover before hand..please guide me to a cheap bubbler also, which can be used with my solo aswell

abhishek,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well i had a MW which is all glass unit using glass bowls :)and haven't had any breakage issues.. I guess the non-gong version of SSV has less breakage issues.. It was often that my wand stucked in the joint of the DBV or it slips out .. Try dropping it /Knocking it with the wand inside it will result in breakage both of HC and Wand most probably .

Abysmal Vapor,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I dropped the LSV from 4 ft straight onto the hardwood floor and picked it up and hit it again. It's tougher than you think.

If you are not going to use glass, I would def recommend the DBV or SSV, but otherwise the LSV was made for use with glass? That would be my choice.

abhishek

Friends thanks for all the suggestions..u guys rock. I just love FC, and I have never known a better online community..and that's coz of people like u...I don't know if I ever be able to help u guys in any manner, but by chance if u guys need any help, then jus PM me(especially anything to do wit India,or Goa, or manali, or anything)....and that goes for all FC members :tup::clap:

Tweek

Friends I am definitely going for SSV , it seems very promising...
I am also buying spare -wand+heater cover and knobs..so that even if I break something(I have already broken 2 of my fav pvhes stems from PV, so consider me really clumsy, especially after a few tokes :) )
Anything else u guys think I should cover before hand..please guide me to a cheap bubbler also, which can be used with my solo aswell

Great choice. Even though mine does not see as much use as it used to, I refuse to ever sell it or give it away. It's simple, solid and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom