3-Vape Set: portable & desk

chant86k

My three choices and the only vapes I own are:
The Herbalizer, Dynavap Ti XL vapcap, and S&B Mighty.

They have all proven to be quite robust and provide excellent vapour.

I love my Herbalizer as it provides such a consistent heat that I can pick and choose what effects I want from the vapour. I use mostly bags with it as it lets me focus on other things while I wait for the bag to fill. It also is my ABV finisher/extractor, since it can hold the herb at the edge of combustion and get practically everything out. The instant heat up is by far the best feature of the vapourizer. You can be vaping in as little as 20 seconds, typically the vape is at temperature before you can load your bowl.

I prefer my Mighty over my vapcap when I'm walking or moving or outside in general. It greatly simplifies the act of vaporizing by being a set and forget device. There can be some difficulty using my vapcaps in windy locations or while walking so I use the mighty. It's a power house of a vape that will deliver hard hit after hit while preserving the flavour until the very end of the bowl.

I love my Vapcaps as a hard hitting portable that are very small and discreet. There's a learning curve for the device as it is a manually controlled vape, but once you've got it down you can make some SERIOUS clouds. Don't underestimate these little devices as they punch wayyy above their price and the cost to run them is next to nothing.

I hope this helps.
Hi Winegums,
That does help, very much! I really appreciate it

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Newvape flowerpot for desktop and dynavap vapcap for portable. I've not been impressed with most portables. The good ones have issues with reliability, which means not good to me. I would personally avoid the mighty and also grasshopper for this very reason.

little maggie

Like my dude @Morty , W9 KISS cart and Divine Tribe V3 are my favorites. I also have a Flowerpot, a Vapcap, a Divine Tribe Gen 2 dry herb atomizer, etc lol. I like to think I have all the bases covered :D

I would just get a killer desktop and look into box mod based setups for portable flower and concentrates. I wouldn't really buy a portable vape at this point that isn't 510 threaded for a temp controllable box mod. Check out the RBT Splinter and @Alan iHeat 510 on here, as well as @supershredderdan ModPod.

As far as true, discrete stealth vaping goes, nothing beats liquidizing some concentrates with some terpenes and loading a cartridge.
There is quite a wait for Alan's iHeat and RBT's spl;nter. I'm waiting for both. Seems like the tubo would fit in the temp controlled mod box category except that it's already put together and doesn't require buying a separate box.

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
I’m brand new here. Very long time lurker, first time poster. I came across this thread and figured it’s a good time to participate. My personal thought is that 1 and 2 can be the same unit, especially if you’re travelling. I have many of the same needs so I can understand where you’re coming from. I chose to go all butane in my setup. Mainly for the fact that I prefer “on-demand” Vs “session” use, since travelling means you need more efficiency, unless you’re gonna be in botanical friendly areas at all times. So I use less and get just as medicated on that smaller amount. And when I’m done, I’m not cooking anything past it’s usefulness.

I use a Sticky Brick Jr as my desk/portable solution. You can put a tiny dusting or a full bowl, it matters not. Extraction is fast, under 10 seconds from torch click to exhale. There are a bunch of accessories for water, glass use, and when folded up it slips in my jeans pocket no problem. It’s not small like a Pax but it is portable and the flavour and performance is stellar. Plus it’s full convection, which I prefer.

My backups are 2 DynaVaps. I have a small, herb “bug-out” bag that has all my needs inside. It’s a hemp fibre case from Dimebags. It holds my flower, Space Case 2 piece grinder and a Titanium OmniVap as well as a second as a backup which is a sandblasted DynaVap M. I also keep the accessories bags for both my Sticky Brick and DynaVaps (extra screens and o-rings for all my units), and my torch.

The case has a carabiner that I can clip onto my backpack or my belt. I generally keep 2 torches filled up so I can leave the butane can at home for extended trips.

On my last trip to the US I cleaned my OmniVap really well, and flew with it in my carry on luggage. I left all my other gear at home. Not even an ounce of an issue. And since I couldn’t bring my torch on a plane I had to rely on gas station Bics, stove elements and candles. No fuss no muss, it was a dream, and since It’s so efficient I used a lot less bud, so the small amount I was able to get lasted me a lot longer than if I had still been using my Devinci IQ or worse yet, a Flowermwte (my first dry herb vape, don’t judge me lol)

chant86k

Thank you, all, for your input!

I've never owned a vape that required fame/butane... mostly because I'm clumsy and don't want to burn myself lol
But all of your posts have helped me to see the value in it. I'm gonna start with a vapcap, and see how I do... make sure I don't burn the place down lol

Thank you, again, for all of your helpful input!!! :)

IntoTheVoid

I've never owned a vape that required fame/butane... mostly because I'm clumsy and don't want to burn myself lol
But all of your posts have helped me to see the value in it. I'm gonna start with a vapcap, and see how I do... make sure I don't burn the place down lol

Glad you’re willing to try it. With the Dynavap you’ll see just how insanely powerful such a small thing can be. It’s like that Noisy Cricket gun on MIB. You’re thinking “what can this possibly do?” Then you hit it and almost get choked out with the amount of vapor. And then you’re thinking you had to have combusted. So you open it to find nice ABV and no combustion.

One thing I would say is, watch some of the videos regarding how to heat the cap for the best efficiency. You really can’t screw it up as long as you mind the heat up and cool down “clicks”, but different areas on the cap produce different temperatures. I have heard of people combusting but generally it’s only if they don’t “respect the click”. You’ll get that term quickly. Cheers!

Oh and don’t forget to check out the Sticky Brick stuff. I watched a bunch of vids before I purchased these, along with reading posts on here. Once I went butane I didn’t go back to batteries. And before then I was super against butane. I was wrong.

The Dynavap stuff is truly “end of days” apocalypse type vaping. You could probably heat it off an engine block if you had to.

Justpassedu

WHAT WOULD YOUR SET-UP BE?

If money is not an option, and you have to pick 1 vape from each of these 3 categories:
1. Desk-top
2. Heavy-hitting portable
3. Ultra-portable & discreet

These will be the only 3 vapes available to you, for the next 5 years, so choose wisely.

My long-winded reason for asking:
I'm looking to purchase 3 new vapes: a heavy-hitting portable, a desk-top, and an ultra-portable/discreet.

I'm open to options, but always find myself reverting back to flower, over concentrates.
I need vapes suitable for a heavy user with a high tolerance, and am concerned with health (not a fan of plastic, but realize it's somewhat unavoidable. I appreciate the glass pathway of the cloud, and the product quality of Storz&Bickel). I appreciate good flavor and vapor production

My primary objective is a heavy-hitting portable. I will be taking a road trip that will last 2-6 months, and need something portable, which will be as close to a desk top as possible, but with good battery life and portability.
So far, the Mighty seems like a good option, the Ghost MV1 has come up on my radar, and I'm open to any ideas/suggestions.

For a desk-top, I was thinking either Cloud Evo or Volcano, or even a Plenty or Extreme Q...but totally open to ideas. (I realize they have very different delivery systems. I like the cloud, and have sadly never used a bag system before).

Ultra-portable & discreet? I liked the PAX1, but did find it difficult to clean, and it gave out on me - still, I've considered the 3. The Grasshopper looks nice - it sounds like it hits harder, but I'd maybe need to re-pack more often, compared the PAX? The FireFly2 is larger, but sounds like it has minimal maintenance, which is a huge bonus for me. I've read mixed reviews about the IQ's. (A crafty could maybe fit in this category, but perhaps something like a grasshopper would be a better choice, if I already end up getting a mighty). So many choices!!

I appreciate your input :)
1: NewVape FlowerPot
2: Mighty by Storz and Bickel
3: Grasshopper or Oil Pen

little maggie

I understand the fear of burning yourself. I have a Supreme I've never used because the butane intimidates me. But the vapcap works fine with a small flame from a regular butane cigar lighter. The only time I burned myself with the vapcap was when I picked up the wrong end by mistake. No butane involved in that.

little maggie,
Reactions: Squiby

IntoTheVoid

I was also a bit worried about burning myself while using the Sticky Brick Jr but once you find the best flame intake position for yourself (mine is 45 degrees from center, facing away) it’s simple. That said if you touch the intake right after taking a hit, it will still be hot. You’ll do it once, and never do it again. Lol

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I can't believe I wasn't thinking of the iheat cartridge for ultra portable. Yeah, that's definitely my third choice.
So, flowerpot desktop
Dynavap portable
Iheat cartridge for portable #2

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: Squiby

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Desktop: Evo for taste/herbal connoisseur experience or Herbalizer for speed, accuracy and medicinal bliss. The EVO would be the choice of those who want to enjoy the nuanced aspects of herb like a fine wine and don't mind waiting for the wine to decant. The Herbalizer would be the choice of those who want a shot of top shelf tequila "now" and appreciate preciseness in temp and speed, plus it does bags. Fine wine or shot of Patron Silver....both will get you happy.

Portable: Since portable in this case doesn't mean stealth (stealth is handled in the next category) I would select an Arizer Solo or SoloII. Heavy hitting, versatile, easy to clean, glass path, great taste and great battery life.

Ultra portable/discreet: E-cig Looking Vape Pen for distillate/oil. I prefer flower but if I'm serious about being portable and discreet a vape pen that looks like it can contain nicotine or pure CBD is hard to beat. I prefer the ones that are on-demand so all you gotta do is hit it. No buttons, no technique.....

His_Highness,

stinkytofus

WHAT WOULD YOUR SET-UP BE?

If money is not an option, and you have to pick 1 vape from each of these 3 categories:
1. Desk-top
2. Heavy-hitting portable
3. Ultra-portable & discreet

These will be the only 3 vapes available to you, for the next 5 years, so choose wisely.

My long-winded reason for asking:
I'm looking to purchase 3 new vapes: a heavy-hitting portable, a desk-top, and an ultra-portable/discreet.

I'm open to options, but always find myself reverting back to flower, over concentrates.
I need vapes suitable for a heavy user with a high tolerance, and am concerned with health (not a fan of plastic, but realize it's somewhat unavoidable. I appreciate the glass pathway of the cloud, and the product quality of Storz&Bickel). I appreciate good flavor and vapor production

My primary objective is a heavy-hitting portable. I will be taking a road trip that will last 2-6 months, and need something portable, which will be as close to a desk top as possible, but with good battery life and portability.
So far, the Mighty seems like a good option, the Ghost MV1 has come up on my radar, and I'm open to any ideas/suggestions.

For a desk-top, I was thinking either Cloud Evo or Volcano, or even a Plenty or Extreme Q...but totally open to ideas. (I realize they have very different delivery systems. I like the cloud, and have sadly never used a bag system before).

Ultra-portable & discreet? I liked the PAX1, but did find it difficult to clean, and it gave out on me - still, I've considered the 3. The Grasshopper looks nice - it sounds like it hits harder, but I'd maybe need to re-pack more often, compared the PAX? The FireFly2 is larger, but sounds like it has minimal maintenance, which is a huge bonus for me. I've read mixed reviews about the IQ's. (A crafty could maybe fit in this category, but perhaps something like a grasshopper would be a better choice, if I already end up getting a mighty). So many choices!!

I appreciate your input :)

1. Heavy hitting desktop - sticky brick maxx
2. Heavy hitting portable - sticky brick jr
3. Heavy hitting ultra discreet portable - da vinci iq

Besides da vinci getting too hot for summer, this is imo the perfect trio and only vapes u need

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I'd be in the @Winegums camp. I don't own a Mighty, but might fill that slot with DaVinci IQ. Mighty is a darn good vape, but cannot be pocketed or palmed like an IQ. I do favor my Grasshopper for stealth when out. The IQ is more of a session vape than an on demand vape. The Firefly 2 is not discrete, would be nice if they (Somebody, anybody!) took the technology in that vape or the Grasshopper and built a small upright on demand palming vape with replaceable batteries and a large chamber. Perhaps some suggestions will come from this. Cheers! YaMon

Top Bottom