3 types of bomb bho!

weedemon

enthusiast
nice lil vid man! i like the budder and taffy looking ones best too. can you tell me more about your techniques and how they differed?

most of my oils look like that taffy, but once in a while they budder on me :p

weedemon,
thanks for the comment!

For the taffy I actually tried to budder it, it was my first or second time making bho, and so after the extraction process with the butane through a coffee filter i put the pan on hot water and whipped for about 5 minutes, then let it cool then change the hot water and then whip for another 5 minutes, at the end it was a very thick thick gold oil/putty, i let it dry on parchment paper now its like taffy.

For the budder, i didnt grind 2/3 of the bud i put into the tube this time and grinded 1/3, when i ran it i scraped it all and put it/let it melt onto a parchment paper, i then let it dry for 1 day at first it was oily then it slowly buddered after 3 days now its all budder, however from the start this batch was the most golden

the last batch i wanted to try to get shatter so i spread the oil out in the thinnest amount possible then whipping it back and forth to try to spread it out more, i then put it on ice (not directly lol) and took my dabber and it kind of shattered off but didnt go flying it was sort of sticky, it became this shatter/budder ball, i then put it on parchment paper and now it has the consistency of 50% oil 50% budder, i call it a wax its great for dabbing or wtv but you cant pick it up with your hands for now as it sticks to the skin too much, but i made this batch a day later so im not sure if it will become a budder in the next few days,

to be honest i think the taffy is the most awesome because its the easiest to play with or use and doesnt create a mess yet i dont know if the technique i used will result in taffy consistently lol

can i ask what method you used to get the taffy?

i made them all from the same strain they all have an amazing similar smell its crazy how they all turned out different and its the same strain and same bud from the same batch

chronicconnection,

weedemon

enthusiast
well it looks like hte taffy, but it's still stickier than that i would have messy fingers if i handled it longer than 1 or 2 seconds :p

what i do is this.s do my run in a warm water bath. then once it's all gone i cook it on the stove in another water bath for about 20 min. then i scrape it up, heat it up again(with a torch from the underside of the dish) and whip it. i let it cool and then im done! :)

check out the spiderman oil thread :) it's a lot of fun! :) towards the end i have a punch of pics posted :p

weedemon,
:o ontario i live in quebec man nice to see a Canadian oil head :D hell yeah man
im gonna check that thread out for sure, my taffy you can hold in your hands for as long as you want and shape it into anything! with the oil i collected and let dry it buddered! so i dont know if the taffy was a fluke or that whipping technique results in taffy

chronicconnection,

weedemon

enthusiast
hehe yeah us cdn's are potheads :D

nice to see a fellow cdn too! :)

I am gonna try your taffy technique next time i make a batch and see what the results are like :)

weedemon,
hell yeah man!
im down to make the taffy, i have budder oil and taffy and the budder doesnt stick to dabbers but its good to put on bowls makes them taste so good, oil is alright but usually a pain to deal with, taffy is the awesomest i made it into a dice and its mad stable and is like almost a see through dark amber, then i put it in a disc you can play with it for as long as you want and it doesnt melt or stick to your fingers, you need to make sure its really purged or else it will auto-budder, so keep changing the hot water to make sure its always hot, im going to make another batch or 2 to refine a technique for making taffy :)

chronicconnection,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Hey guys. Long time lurker. First time Poster.

Recently delved into the world of concentrates thanks to re-discovering this website after a year or so of not lurking. I found lots of great info from weeddemon's post about ABV and spidermans post. As well as chronic and stroh who have helped with lots of tips for bho and iso around the forum.

I started with ABV iso, did some iso with dried high quality buds, then moved onto some bho cause I was very comfortable making the iso and the BHO to be honest seemed easier and simpler, as long as I am safe about it.

Anyway. I recently made some BHO with some 5x Vector and it came out very nicely. Used 10g of mixed high-quality buds with lots of visible trichs, 4 different types (i'm from florida so I don't really get names of strains or really don't usually believe them even when I do.)

I used some tips from other users, I forget who thought of this one, to try making some qwiso with the buds after the bho runs. I'll post pics here of both runs!

(Unfortunately I only decided to make this account and post pictures after I already had started scraping so I don't have any pics of the plates.) Next time i'll take a lot of pictures. (next week :D)

Here is a picture of the 1.5g ball of BHO made from the 10g of nug. 15% return I thought was pretty good for my second time! I let it air-evaporate for about 20 minutes then put it in a pretty hot (not boiling) water bath and started popping the bubbles and whipping it back and forth with a metal poker tool. Scraping it around the pyrex while popping the bubbles. I froze it for a bit and rewarmed it in a warm water bath and scraped the plate with a razor. Came out light with some darker areas that weren't whipped as well but it is very malleable and pretty sticky after being in your hands for a while. Definitely "taffy-like" at room temperature.

2l8gpw6.jpg

The QWISO run, while not returning much (0.1g), was definitely worth it for a nice 4 hits out of the Eclipse h2o into my Hi-si junior triple-U.
o54134.jpg

It was interesting how the qwiso run turned out because about half of the pyrex dish was coated in a nice kief-like powdery hash while the other half was the black oily stuff we usually see with our ABV runs. it smoked and tasted kinda earthy but not bad, very smooth.

I apologize for the iPhone pictures too :p Don't have my digital camera handy.

MarcellusWiley,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Marcus,

I suggest you NOT use your Iphone for pics without disabling your GPS on the unit, as your pics display your exact location at the time the pics were taken. (same goes for many camera's that store exif GPS data that you don't want to share).

Normally with pics I share, I'll load them onto my computer and into a photo editing program that allows data stripping, and then into an online photo sharing utility such as tinypic or a folder on photobucket that has been made private.

Be aware of your online ID safety friend........

PEACE

smokum,

Errl

Props to you for taking the time to make some awesome treats! I've been super lazy and havent even scraped my pyrex dish after doing a run, just been dapping directly off the dish haha. I'd really like to make some budder stuff though, as I find I'm always matching my errl with others herb.

What's the best way to make the budder consistency stuff? I want something I can handle without worrying about it sticking all over my fingers (or in my hair... Happened the other day and that was rad haha)

Errl,
MarcellusWiley that's awesome
thats a good yield. id say 12-14% is alright/average, 15-17% good/great high yield, 18%+ very high

theres many techniques to improve yield, the most common are pressure, seal off everything, try to tape any area that may be leaking small amounts of pressure, like where the cap screws on, or over the coffee filter, pressure can escape through the coffee filter so make sure you get that on the lock

im happy you posted and made your bho ! :D i made it 4 different ways the first 4 times and kept trying to improve each method, and now i have come up with a very good one

things to know:

More butane run through buds: higher yield, lesser grade a little darker
ie: 1 can of butane for 28 grams will yield 3 grams of killlller bho
2 cans of butane (6oz x2 = 12oz) for the same 28 grams will yeild 4 grams, still bombb just not as potent throughout or as killer

grinded weed will yield more yet youll get lesser grade
not grinding the bud will give you the most amazing product yet not a big yield
so i recommend breaking apart all the nugs in like 3-5, so take a nug and just split it up a few times so its kind of broken down into pea size to popcorn size nugs

dry weed will give you bigger yields, ive had 3% yield difference on weed dried for an extra day, so dry as much as possible!

vector is amazing, lots of other great brands out there

great bho man!! goodluck in the future post pictures of future extractions i look forward!

chronicconnection,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Hey thanks for the post chronic! I'll prolly be doing another run this week.

I havn't had much time to enjoy this batch and as i've been storing it its become a little "budder" like if you would call it that, more like the picture you called "budder" atleast. some of it is still very taffy like but the outer layers, im assuming being exposed to oxygen is causing it somewhat, are kind of becoming less sticky, more solid and crumbly.

Any tips on storage? i've been just keeping it wrapped in parchment in a small glass pyrex bowl, putting it in the fridge for a bit if it got too hard to work with.

MarcellusWiley,
MarcellusWiley said:
Hey thanks for the post chronic! I'll prolly be doing another run this week.

I havn't had much time to enjoy this batch and as i've been storing it its become a little "budder" like if you would call it that, more like the picture you called "budder" atleast. some of it is still very taffy like but the outer layers, im assuming being exposed to oxygen is causing it somewhat, are kind of becoming less sticky, more solid and crumbly.

Any tips on storage? i've been just keeping it wrapped in parchment in a small glass pyrex bowl, putting it in the fridge for a bit if it got too hard to work with.

no worries man

it happened to me that a few of my waxes or taffy's have turned to budder, this is either because it wasnt purged enough at first or that it just dried and if you put it in a glass dish or something you can heat up, you can remelt it back into an oil and when it dries it will dry into a wax/taffy that you can play with your hands and thats by far the best consistency

so i reccomend you remelt your bho after like a day or 2 or 3 and that way youll get the taffy-ish bomb stuff for ever

i put it on parchment paper inside tuperware so its airselead, i just recently bought a concentrate dish, they are sooo beatiful and meant for keeping your oils in there i really recommend them its worth it :p

goodluck feel free to ask more questions!

have a great day dude

chronicconnection,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
All great info guys!!! THanks! I have had my first taste of budder/ oil just in the last couple of weeks, and I really enjoy it for the potency and clarity. I would like to make some sometime, but I would also like to hopefully find someone around my area that has a good supply that I can barter/trade/buy from them. THanks again for all of the info!!!

Bluntcrush,
Top Bottom