Gear 29mm Highly Educated TI Nail (gram dab video)

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter

Found a video of someone using the 29mm nail...doing a gram dab. cloudiest vapor i've ever seen lol

MarcellusWiley,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I may be wrong here, since I don't do dabs, but I thought you needed to let the nail cool down a bit or it burnt the oil?
Either way, its a crazy vid :clap:

Frederick McGuire,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Nice vid! I snapped a shot of a killer TI nail at the denver cannabis cup, they didnt say how big but it seems bigger then the 29mm in the vid...check it out...

2rh1n5i.jpg

YoGranMazPimp,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I may be wrong here, since I don't do dabs, but I thought you needed to let the nail cool down a bit or it burnt the oil?
You should do some dabs frederick (plus it opens up a whole new glass line to you! lol)

I might be wrong as I'm relatively new to dabbing, but from what I've experienced I'd guess that they need to start with the nail that hot or it might not vaporize the whole gram- the oil will cool down the nail too much. I've managed to do it with my 18mm nail and very big dabs (no where near a gram though!).

WatTyler,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
JEBUS !! a one gram dab ??!! OMFG that would kill me.... anything over a .05 freaks my bronch's.

smokum,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thanks for the info, wat.
I didn't even think about the oil cooling the nail.
:lol:
I don't have access to concentrates though, and it works out waay to expensive making them myself...
($130ish per gram :()

Frederick McGuire,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Mad vids!!! A gram dab - no fookin' way!!! I guess those guys have built up a tolerance to it but I still go cross eyed from a spec dab. I seriously think that there is a possibility I would feint if I tried that. I wonder what happened to the dude that ran out on the second vid :puke: probably!

J.R.R.Tokin',

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
haha that 2nd video is pretty gnarly too.

on another note: I got the setup Taskrok sent my girlfriend and I for her winning this instagram photo contest.
18mm v3 set with concave nail (not even on retail yet as far as I know) it works great! loving it. he also sent us a signed copy of his and linus' CD and some cool his and her's stickers! awesome guy, love to support his company!

7f7596f8971a11e19dc71231380fe523_6.jpg

If you notice he etches all these logos/words into the TI now. Fins say U S A, one on each inner part of the fin. Nail says "HEADUCATED" across it. counterweight says "HE" on it. Pretty slick!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

AFAIK, and I could be very wrong, if your concentrate has no plant matter in it, and is just oil, it won't burn on the nail, even when red hot. BUT, you will reduce flavor, and make for a harsher hit if you dab right off of a red hot nail.

You should do some dabs frederick (plus it opens up a whole new glass line to you! lol)

I might be wrong as I'm relatively new to dabbing, but from what I've experienced I'd guess that they need to start with the nail that hot or it might not vaporize the whole gram- the oil will cool down the nail too much. I've managed to do it with my 18mm nail and very big dabs (no where near a gram though!).

I could be wrong here as well, but from the knowledge I've gathered in my short time dabbing, I would say in most cases, your assumption is correct WatTyler; However, this nail is massive, and therefore should retain the heat a lot better than the average or thick head "heavy hitter" 14/18mm nails. I've seen videos of people using other nails (18mm) to do gram dabs/dunks without much issue. :)

@Marcellus, Congrats again on that contest! That nail is beautiful, I'm really digging the etching!

Purpl3_Haz3,

my name is erl

I know where your mama parks your house!
i think they over did it with 2 torches, getting it RED hot, and not waiting to cool down, but thats just me

my name is erl,

budbudbud

The vapor he left in the piece would get me insanely high. I can't imagine a whole gram...

budbudbud,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
you also wont see me wasting a gram like that

I don't know how anyone could, that's just so much vapor! I make my oil in 7 gram runs, yielding my ~1.4, and that has to last me for a week or so. I suppose it would be justifiable if my medical conditions/tolerance required it, but I hope they never do!

By the way, welcome to FC! After watching so many episodes of My name is earl, I kind of just felt like I was talking to earl :lol: I love that name/pic combo, clever!

Purpl3_Haz3,

my name is erl

I know where your mama parks your house!
i've never really seen the show, but i was driving pretty high the other day, after some oil hits of course, and i was thinking about why people called oil erl, then i though well i guess it kind of sounds like oil. then i thought, my name is erl would be a great forum name.

my name is erl,
Reactions: 215z

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
According to Oxford's English Dictionary, it is actually spelled "errl" with 2 l's. Although Webster's says that it is spelled with three l's, so who is to know for sure? :shrug:

Stu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
lol, well if you have netflix, or something like that, check out an episode...preferably the pilot (first episode) It's a good show IMO.

@Stu, I didn't even know that dictionaries recognized oil/erl/errl/errll, etc...interesting! Off to hunt for other words in the dictionary.

@Marcellus, got any videos of the new nail in action? :p

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Don't believe everything you read on the internet... :cool:

I still don't believe that erl, or any variation of it, are technically real words. But, IDK. lol, I still don't agree with ain't being added to the dictionary...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Don't believe everything you read on the internet... :cool:
When I said that, I was referring to me. I just make up random shit. It's a character flaw, I know. You can't believe anything I say.....ever.

I think it will take some time before Oxford or Webster take the time to deal with our clever nomenclature.

:peace:

Top Bottom