29.2mm-->18.8mm Glass Adapter?

tuk

Is this possible? can only seem to find 18.8mm->14.5mm

Last edited:
tuk,

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Glass-R...107?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c34f9cf83

There ya go. :)

GW_IAJ1929.jpg

brucebannor

The Cheshire Cat
A little more expensive than canj00digit's but a more traditional style reducer is here. BTW that was the first search result on both Google and Ebay for "29mm to 18mm glass adapter" ;)

This one is cheaper though- *Edit: posted above me now I see. But this post is here now. So deal with it.

tuk

Those low profile adapters do look nice, unfortunately I'm in the UK/Europe where any kind of 18.8mm->14.5mm adapter seem impossible to find.

I would need two pieces, so from US ebay would work out about $100.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Those low profile adapters do look nice, unfortunately I'm in the UK/Europe where any kind of 18.8mm->14.5mm adapter seem impossible to find.

I would need two pieces, so from US ebay would work out about $100.

Yeah, I'm international too. After doing the math on the regular vs. the lo-pro adapters I think I can deal with the added height. It would cost me more than 4x as much for the lo-pros.

canj00digit?,
Reactions: tuk

tuk

I've pinged a few UK glass blowers to see if they can help, will feedback the replies, in the meantime if anyone knows where these can be sourced in UK/Euroland.

Would need two pieces(in/out): male-->male & female-->female.

Last edited:

clouded vision

I would try searching scientific supply stores or scientific glass suppliers before a blower. Most blowers buy their joints from suppliers unless they make a hand ground joint. Best case you are paying mark up for a blower to order it for you, worst case you are paying them to make you a custom hand ground adapter which will be expensive. The one advantage a blower would have is they already have a scientific joint supplier so it would be easier for them to find it. I personally would put in the leg work looking for one myself and only contact a blower after scouring all the scientific supply vendors I could find.

clouded vision,
Reactions: tuk
Top Bottom