2005 article comments on vaporizer design: thoughts please

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris 71

i was just doing some reading about sativex, wondering if it was avaible in canada. anyway i found an artical in cannabis culture. looks like it is and has been since about 2005 which is when the artical was writen.

anyway one part stuck out for me so im copying and pasting it here

"People currently believe that using one of the many models of vaporizer that are on the market will provide them with fully-utilized, totally-clean cannabis vapors, but this is not true," Guy says. "Cannabinoids cannot be properly vaporized using the kinds of heat sources and chambers that we see on the market right now. There is still some burning of plant material taking place, people are still inhaling carcinogens, and there are irregularities in the quality and design of these vaporizers that prevents people from getting what they think they are getting."
GW is pleased that its inhaler device has been well-received by regulators, but the company is also developing a medical grade professional vaporizer that will provide truly smoke-free cannabis medicines.
Dr. Guy says all vaporizers currently available are amateur devices that lack the precision and quality needed to truly vaporize target cannabinoids in a 100% safe and effective manner.
"If we create the vaporizer we envision, patients will dial in the exact relief they want, push a button, and get a controlled dose that will provide safe, effective relief for a variety of conditions," Guy promises. "There will be no smoke. Patients will get 98% volatilization of the cannabinoids they need in doses just high enough to achieve the medical effects they seek."

wondering what you guys think of this? it was writen in 2005, so maybe we have come a long ways in the vapes that are avaible to us now? wasent the valcano around then? is this guy just talking shit to promote his vape? does anyone know if they did make one yet and what it is called? discuss please anyone? it was a thread here in the news activism section about gw pharm that got me looking and reading about sativex

chris 71,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Interesting. Very interesting. What about all the studies that were done on the Volcano? And I would think something like the Cloud would have similar results with the added benefit of water cooling ... I mention those 2 particularly because I've noticed out of the 15 or so vaporizers I've used, those are the ones that vaporize the herb truly evenly throughout ...

JCat,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I call bullshit. Especially since it comes from someone with interests in the matter.

First of all, if we really wanted to be sure, there is always edibles.

Second, most vaporizers can vaporize a lot of the biochemical compounds before starting to brown the herbs.

Third, the studies made about it have shown that there is a presence of certain carcinogenic compounds when you get close to 210Celsius but in a concentration that is low enough to be discarded, especially compared to smoking.

Forth, it has been difficult to prove that Cannabis causes cancer. Right now, they can only show evidences of COPD that most likely has to do with flying bits of plant matter that go into the lungs.
There are also evidences that Cannabis has lowered the impact of tobacco on lung health.

vorrange,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i read that quoted bit to mean that temperature control is most important to only vaporize and not approach combustion temperatures. In 2005 most vapes used a dimmer switch type controller with no temperature feedback.

it turns out that precise temperature control is pretty easy to do and only costs around $15 for parts. and that makes all the difference in even browning of the herb and efficient extraction of the medical beneficials.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Nick Again

OF

Yup, I smell the same rat. The man is selling investors (or trying to), not vapes. He has a plan, or at least part of one, but it's not about vapes.

Yes, I think Volcano was on the scene, but the investors wouldn't know that if you don't tell 'em. We also know the vapor from Volcano has been well tested, but he's making up his own facts....

The idea of 'medically clean drug delivery' is of course exactly the mission statement of Thero Vape, from their start with cutting edge e-cig gear onward to today.

Wonder what happened to the guy? Selling time shares? Used cars? Life insurance?

OF

OF,
Yup, I smell the same rat. The man is selling investors (or trying to), not vapes. He has a plan, or at least part of one, but it's not about vapes.
Wonder what happened to the guy? Selling time shares? Used cars? Life insurance?

OF
He's done rather well for himself. Dr. Guy is still on the board of GW Pharmaceuticals, which he founded and still owns about 13% of. He lives in England and his financial transactions are regularly reported. I really doubt he's selling timeshares.

-NDA

Nick Again,

OF

He's done rather well for himself. Dr. Guy is still on the board of GW Pharmaceuticals, which he founded and still owns about 13% of. He lives in England and his financial transactions are regularly reported. I really doubt he's selling timeshares.

I don't doubt it a bit. Time for the Barnham quote about the incidence of sucker births.....or maybe the saw about fools and money?

Doesn't change the point the guy's shoveling BS looking for trusting investors though, does it? Not that he's alone, or not potentially successful at it.

Thanks for the update, although it's little use to me......thankfully. I can't worry too much about him beating money from investors with lies, they 'buy into it' hoping to make money from other folks after all. I doubt not one in 100 give him money to help sick people get their meds.

OF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom