2 Vapor Tamer Glycerin Tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've got 2 of the old style 7th floor vapor tamers up for grabs.
1 is green, the other is black.

All joints on the tamers are 18mm.
I will include 1 mouthpiece, it also has an 18mm joint.

I'm after $60 + shipping for the bundle.

Please post any questions, or if you'd like to see some more pics.
Feel free to PM any offers.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Approx 8 inches long each.
I've never hooked them up to an EQ, but they'd definitely work in that manner.
You can install a screen in the male joint to stop the herb going up in to the tamer, and you could probably put a regular elb screen in the male joint if you wanted to.

They work well for vapor, they cool it dramatically, it just feels like cold air when you draw through them.
There is some condensation on the inside of the tube so you get a tiny bit of a moisturising effect, but its mostly a cooling effect.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: UpUpandAway

Anonymouse

Sith I care
There is some condensation on the inside of the tube so you get a tiny bit of a moisturising effect, but its mostly a cooling effect.

Actually, they are drying the air. That condensation is water vapour that has been stripped out of the air passing through the tube. Glycerin tubes do indeed cool the charge, and more than a water pipe will, but unlike a water pipe they remove moisture from the charge instead of add it. They also condense a lot more resin on the walls, since it's basically a mini vapour-still.

They do retain flavour better that any wet option though, and are subjectively milder than a dry whip/mouthpiece. Plus it's not like you can't reclaim the 'claim...

How tall are they?

Have you ever tried placing one on the cyclone bowl and then connect the eq whip adapter to the top female joint?

I'd place the tube in the top of the Cyclone bowl like you suggest, but forego the whip entirely and just plug that glass mouthpiece pictured into the top of the glycerine tube and hit it like a Cloud/Hydratube setup. Boom, all-glass-path. Plus you can support the tube during use this way. Putting a whip on the top of a lever this long is risky, as any gentle lateral tug will probably break your heater tube since its clamping mount is effectively the fulcrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom