1st vape advice wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caligula

Maximus
I love my Solo but I cant suggest one over the Nano if the potential buyer is looking to maximize efficiency.

That being said the Solo is an awesome piece of hardware and it still sips herb compared to smoking it.

Should also mention the Nano doesn't need you to grind your herb.

Caligula,
Reactions: DDave

max

Out to lunch
As long as it's narrow the depth is not important if you want to save right?

IMO, The depth is more of a problem for someone who wants to save, when you have a large bowl area and a large vapor pathway.

ALthough the large vapor pathway is more of a problem in hit thickness that tend to leave people unsatisfied if they don't load enough.
Since you're better off loading pieces in this bowl, vs. ground herb, the depth is really only a plus. I didn't intend my mention of it to be a negative.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I love my Solo but I cant suggest one over the Nano if the potential buyer is looking to maximize efficiency.

That being said the Solo is an awesome piece of hardware and it still sips herb compared to smoking it.

Should also mention the Nano doesn't need you to grind your herb.
Don't have experience with the eNano, but from pics and vids, seems like an awesome unit. I will be looking into them further, as maximum efficiency is a much desired aspect!

My Story and why having a battery sometimes is a blessing:
I just obtained a Solo 3 days ago, at the advice of an awesome FC member! I know now that had I purchased the Solo as my first vape, I'd probably never have purchased the EQ... The solo is a very flexible portable. Now, why would I recommend it over a plug in as the sole unit in your location.... well, as I stated, I received the Solo 3 days ago. Two days ago, major power outage in my area.... Thanks to having the Solo charged and 900 or so pages of advice (the Solo Thread) having been read, the power outage didn't stop me from medicating....
Thinking on that night, how awesome it was! Breaking in the Solo, 1/2 by candle light indoors and 1/2 under the stars...... :party:

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
@DDave cool story.....I've got a portable, so that base is covered. Still trying to pick one of the 3.
Seems like they are all good units.

pigfoot,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

Tweek

@DDave cool story.....I've got a portable, so that base is covered. Still trying to pick one of the 3.
Seems like they are all good units.

Sometimes in the vape game, all you can do is pick one and take a ride :D Seriously, these are all fine vapes. Solo is nice because it can be a portable unit if you want it to...nano is a plug in...vapolution has a battery pack that you can buy as well.

If you don't care about portability, then the world is your oyster...vapolution apparently has fantastic taste as it's all glass on glass and is pretty darn affordable..so if flavour is important to you, it might be one to try. I still think a Solo would be a great investment...I loved mine, and have yet to hear a negative thing about it. I am sure the Nano wouldn't be disappointing either...but I think you could almost get the solo & the vapolution for the price of one Nano? I could be wrong there..but definitely look into the sale prices.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
If I were given a choice of having only one vape that suits all my needs, it would be the Solo hands down! Medicates beautifully, functions flawlessly, powered dually, desktop or portable masterfully, price point +obviously. SOLO+++

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Looking at the Solo thread, the trick seems to be finding at a vendor who will ship the latest build?
The ones on ebay @ $125 or so don't mention that....

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Looking at the Solo thread, the trick seems to be finding at a vendor who will ship the latest build?
The ones on ebay @ $125 or so don't mention that....
Try http://www.puffitup.com/category-s/61.htm. They will meet or beat any price you can find. Call first at 1-800-420-4237 to confirm your price. Ask for Randy (good people). First rate service as reported by many many FC members. It might help if you mention to them that you are an FC member. Check out the FC thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/www-puffitup-com-your-friendly-vaporizer-store.4113/

Last edited:

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
@Snappo, thanks - had a look at that thread, may happy customers indeed. I had a chat session with them, best price seems to be $160, not as good as ebay though.

pigfoot,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
@Snappo, thanks - had a look at that thread, may happy customers indeed. I had a chat session with them, best price seems to be $160, not as good as ebay though.
I'll take good service, support, and reputation over a lower price any day - it pays in the long run. Best of luck!!!

Caligula

Maximus
My Solo from PIU died. They sent me a prepaid shipping label for the dead unit and sent me a replacement once tracking was in the system. They didnt even wait for it to arrive before sending the replacement!

Is that piece of mind worth the extra $30? IMO, yes.

weedemon

enthusiast
IMO people who don't like the mflb are the same tho like big hits, and quite likely have a higher tolerance.

if you like Flavourful hits, and don't have a high tolerance then I think the MFLB is a perfect place to start.
It's a wonderful vape imo. and for what you have written I feel it would be a great fit for you.

get the power adapter too so you can use it at home/friends houses without needing batteries.

I think the MFLB is going to be a great fit for you! :) the MFLB was the vape that sucked me in and turend me in a a god damned vape collector! (before that I already owned a volcano(still do even), vapor bros, and the shitty BC vape. None of those got me excited about vapor like the MFLB did.)

weedemon,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I'm getting pretty good with the MFLB now, getting good solid hits. It's a good unit, but I don't think I would buy a power adapter. With a finishing grinder and PA the price approaches that of the other units I'm comparing. The thing I don't like is the need to almost powder the herb. First two hits off a fresh battery seem better, and there tend to be some much darker bits in the ABV, possibly diminishing flavor?
@weedemon sinice you have a SOLO as well, which do you like better?

pigfoot,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I'm getting pretty good with the MFLB now, getting good solid hits. It's a good unit, but I don't think I would buy a power adapter. With a finishing grinder and PA the price approaches that of the other units I'm comparing. The thing I don't like is the need to almost powder the herb. First two hits off a fresh battery seem better, and there tend to be some much darker bits in the ABV, possibly diminishing flavor?
@weedemon sinice you have a SOLO as well, which do you like better?
I have the Palm 2.0 & the Solo. (Palm being similar to MFLB). Would vote for Solo hands down!

In regards to grind, I've gone with every grind from MFLB Micro-Grinder (very fine) to Acrylic (very LARGE grind to throwing a mini-nug or torn off nug chunk (no grind) right in the Solo stem and have had great results regardless.

Had I obtained the Solo first, there would have been a few vapes that never even made the line-up....

DDave,
Reactions: Caligula

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
@DDave, so I should be able to remove the stem after a hit, and store it for later? The Solo won't smell if there's no stem in it?

pigfoot,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave, so I should be able to remove the stem after a hit, and store it for later? The Solo won't smell if there's no stem in it?
Hey pigfoot, you could use the solo this way, but it works more like a session vape, rather than a single hit vape. I don't notice any smell leaving my stem in the solo.

A session could be 5 minutes or less on a stem, if you power through the herbs at high temps (think starting at level 5-7). Or 12+ minutes if you start lower, think 3, and after each draw or two or three, upped a level.

The stem is what "would" smell, especially if resin'd up. I use these to store the stem, at the advice of another esteemed FC member.. My Solo has no smell.
http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/baby-soda-bottles-giant-test-tubes.html

Hope this helps!
Vape On!

DDave,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
My raw herb smells more than anything with the Solo except straight exhaled vapor.

Honestly the Solo parts have no (the Solo unit) to very little (the stem if dirty) smell. The only time I ever notice an odor is when im heating up a loaded stem

Caligula,

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Thanx guys. @DDave, yup, those are the tubes I was looking at. I've been reading the solo thread ......damn it's a long one : ) Think I will try a domed screen in the tube to decrease the load, I really only needone hit and I am good, low tolerance ......So, the dome points "down" ie, toward the chamber? never mind - found it
@Caligula, those are some cool vids you posted, I like your "botanical storage box". I came up with something similar from parts I had, my box is clear though.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Ok, so I just ordered a silver Solo from PIU. Support the team, and all that. Thanks for the help everyone!
Congrads on your purchase! I couldn't be more satisfied with the Solo!

(Don't forget to browse the Solo thread for some really good info on your new machine!) :tup:

DDave,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom