1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

1oz Abv (heavily Vaped)

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by Vapin in the usa, Jan 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Vapin in the usa

Vapin in the usa Hit em with the hein!

Running herbalaire h3 .2-.4 in crucible bag @ 375 (twice) then 400(convection)

Once I get enough of that abv to fill the entire unit without the crucible (Expresso mode)

I fill 1 nasty Smoky bag (conduction) THEN DUMP INTO A JAR.

I've tried recipes before but they just make my farts and poop smell like pot and turn green/black (not my favorite color: brown)

Any ideas on how to make this into something useful and relatively easily too?!

Thanks fellow vapers

Madri-Gal likes this.
  2. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

Compost - just dump it. Easy!

Polarbearboy likes this.
  3. TommyDee

TommyDee Vaporitor

Polarbearboy and Madri-Gal like this.
  4. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Notorious

I use my Elev8r on a water piece to vape large bowls of avb and it's very effective and pure convection

5. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

Lawn enrichment: Apply at a rate of one jar per lawn.

Angels wishes: Disperse liberally into the air outdoors, best effects are achieved in daylight on a breezy day.

Both of these have the added bonus of imagining the police on their hands and knees trying to recover it afterwards.

Neighbourhood suspicion arouser: Place ABV in an open fire and lol at the thought of people catching a smell of it miles away.

6. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Use it as fish food. Then watch the show.

el sargantano and Madri-Gal like this.
  7. audiodelic

audiodelic ... Bom Bhole !

Extract into cannabutter or coconut oil.

And use that for recipes, baked dishes etc

Mushroomturtle likes this.
  8. TommyDee

TommyDee Vaporitor

I consume my ABV and it is heavily vaped to dark brown. I call it CBD. Puts me right to sleep.

9. Slotheus

Slotheus Resident Sloth

This is why I haven't tried doing anything with abv yet...I'm frightened :o
    I'm collecting it, though, for future decision-making.

10. Vapin in the usa

Vapin in the usa Hit em with the hein!

Thinking ever clear

audiodelic likes this.
  11. CurryLeafTreehugger

CurryLeafTreehugger Well-Known Member

WATER WASH FIRST. All that nasty greenish black guck that gets washed away takes the nasty flavors with it. What is left is about the color of hay, and about 1/3rd the original volume, which effectively concentrates the THC so its about as strong as normal weed (per volume).

TommyDee likes this.
  12. Polarbearboy

Polarbearboy Tokin' Away Since 1968

I've twice tried making cannabutter and cannapalm oil with ABV, both times when I had like two ounces. So much gets absorbed that even with strong squeezing--which most recipes say not to do--I got surprisingly little finished product. And it wasn't all that good. Ever since I started getting legal weed--and concentrates and edibles--in Canada or in the next state, it just isn't worth it. Only good cannabutter I've had in a couple of years a buddy and I made from the trim and shake from his excellent homegrown. And that stuff rocked.

Relaxed likes this.
  13. CurryLeafTreehugger

OLD HIPPIE TO THE RESCUE!!!!

There are at least 3 recipes linked in that article for how to use ABV. ALL have you eating the ABV, hence my insistence on water-washing that stuff. You don't make cannaoil or butter with ABV (at least *I* don't), you put it in something oily/fatty and then eat it. I grind my (dry, post-wash) ABV to a fine powder in a cheap coffee grinder so I don't get weird fibery-stuff stuck in my teeth.

I keep meaning to add it to bacon grease when I'm making hash browns/country fries but I never manage to remember until afterwards LOL!

Right now I don't know where my last batch of water-washed ABV is, it's in a box somewhere, but I've got enough ABV now that it is high time (no pun intended) to water wash again. I think I'll be going for the ABV pizza soon ...

BTW I do not agree with Old Hippie that all the THC is gone out of ABV. If you were vaping it at a high enough temp for it to have all evaporated off, the ABV would be just ash. And if you water wash it, that concentrates the remaining THC (however much there is in there) so it's nearer to regular weed. Possibly weakish weed, but still.

Whisper and C No Ego like this.
  14. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

I vape the max out of my ABV with a fury vape and Bubbler ... the ABV is dark and still has actives in ther... I started mixing CBD weed with my THC so my last edible a few days ago was 8.5 grams ... just added to peanut butter and added lecithin and fresh ground peppercorn and olive oil and butter and last some raw honey ... made a great breakfast ... I do not really care if it tastes like ABV, it is roasty tasting .
    effect were quite good @ a few hours like maybe 5 hours... the trick is to let the ABV absorb into some fat

Polarbearboy and Mushroomturtle like this.
  15. tokenknifeguy

tokenknifeguy Member

ABV weed won't ever be as strong as making an edible with weed you haven't vaped yet (but only decarbed).

Also I would do the water wash as others have mentioned and then add some everclear or some vodka (highest % of alcohol you can get) and then extract out the goodies and filter it. THen let that liquid evaporate and scrap up the remaining powder and then add that back to some butter or food or whatever you gonna use to eat it. Personally I would just make sure I vaped my bud until it was very very dark brown and just dump it or save it for compost. If you want legit edibles, just use weed you haven't already vaped on and decarb it. It will turn out much better than abv edibles.

16. CurryLeafTreehugger

Of course ABV is weaker than fresh weed. However water washing concentrates the THC that is left by a considerable amount, I was left with 1/3 by weight of the starting material. I've never had my water washed ABV tested but its certainly potent enough.

If you want to compost that, feel free.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors