Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I totally agree with you there @Shit Snacks - I think that you're fully entitled to say whatever you feel (as long as FC rules are adhered to) - just like any other FC member, and imo you don't deserve to be told to censor your posts.

People should not assume that any of the beta testers are affiliated with RBT in any way other than being paying beta testers.

Personally, I think that you do a stand-up job of answering questions & helping out fellow FC'ers where possible, and your comments regarding timescales have never been given as gospel to my recollection.

Anyway, I think you should be thanked bro!

:)

And I couldn't leave y'all without a picture now could I?

No.

So here's a little outNabout snap pinched from RBT's Twitter archive . . .
CNqYFmSWgAAW3q-.jpg

:cool:

PeaceEverytime.
:peace:

Aw thanks Veg! :luv:

Yes that is RBT out about with the 18mm crammed into the 14mm body, still pretty darn stealth though isn't it?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
GODAMMIT!
It's only 10 days till payday :cry:

Hopefully it's just that the website is being updated or something, and they're not all sold out?

Copacetic,
Reactions: grokit

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
GODAMMIT!
It's only 10 days till payday :cry:

Hopefully it's just that the website is being updated or something, and they're not all sold out?
Three for me. It jumped up thirty the day before I planned on getting it the first time. Day late and a dollar short. I should have still got it. I don't plan on missing it again. I still have a Zion paid for. So that's cool.

ApparentlyStoned,
Reactions: killick

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Since the Zion's aren't really sold out (not even half the 200 sold I believe) I'd be surprised if these are, I'd expect website update or just a hold on orders so production can gear up. Either way we should find out soon enough

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I just noticed they have a new home page that asks if your over 18 to enter. I hadn't ever noticed this until this morning. I could be way wrong. I think he's getting shit into tip top shape. Again I could be wrong.
That's always been there for me but the site has no store this morning and has two faq sections with one being blank...well atleast when I go to it.

HD Springer

Weird. It's never asked me that. But I don't doubt you @nosmoking. I've noticed the missing store and I'm not sure what's up. I'm not about to guess. I do hope we see something in the near future as to whats up with the lack of a store and showing sold out before that. I do think these vaporizers will sell themselves Once they get up and running.

Copacetic

Copacetic,
Reactions: VegNVape

thekarmawhore

Just keep checking back every couple weeks or so. 'Sold out' means that RBT has hit an internal limit with the current amount of orders. It is being done this way intentionally to throttle the inflow of orders to something that can be achieved in a reasonable amount of time instead of just keeping taking orders and getting further and further off schedule.

Of course the internal limit will increase as the transition to full scale production progresses.

It's the whole walk-before-run meets organic growth thing.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, we're confident that it will be duly rewarded!

your pal,
thekarmawhore

Frank Reynolds

Just keep checking back every couple weeks or so. 'Sold out' means that RBT has hit an internal limit with the current amount of orders. It is being done this way intentionally to throttle the inflow of orders to something that can be achieved in a reasonable amount of time instead of just keeping taking orders and getting further and further off schedule.

Of course the internal limit will increase as the transition to full scale production progresses.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, we're confident that it will be duly rewarded!

your pal,
thekarmawhore
I really like this. Makes me feel even more confident about a vaporizer I already had high hopes for.

Unlike some companies who have had years of delays and continue to push pre orders...

srama21

Monotonous Botanist

your pal,
thekarmawhore

Even though i haven't purchased this single battery unit, i feel valued and respected that this is how RBT is going about his business.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX

Too bad someone didn't teach GH on this method. This is also will be the reason I will end up with a Zion as well at some point.

HD Springer

Truth will set you free. Actually I think that's good news all the way around. And RBT might be a lot of things but dishonest I've never witnessed. He's been brutally honest even when it was making himself look less then spectacular.
Keep it up RBT and this will be your day job. Kudos.

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@smutman i swore I wouldn't do another preorder after canceling my GH in June. The way RBT handles this company is a breath of fresh air and I couldn't resist getting in on the Zion though. Even though I hoped to have my Zion sometime in October, at no time have I felt mislead. I hope the GH succeeds and I get to buy version 2, but I don't regret canceling my order, to many broken promises. Nothing like that is happening with the Zion and it makes me happy to invest in a person/company who understands how important it is to be honest and communicate with customers. I don't think the GH team lied at any time, but the journey was not a pleasant one either. At least waiting for my Zion hasn't been painful and I want to visit the RBT threads all the time.

Last edited:

Copacetic

your pal,
thekarmawhore

THANK THE LORD! :clap:
And thank you Karmawhore for re-kindling my hopes for a single batt' unit :bowdown:

natural farmer

It's small and stealthy and very very beautiful of course but I would prefer my USB to have that GonG part flush with the wooden body even if the size should to go up a bit!

I wouldn't care that much if it could survive a drop in a lake if that protruding glass is broken with every little fall in a hard surface… :\

natural farmer,
Reactions: bounce5

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@natural farmer I think it was mentioned that the 18mm would be flush. If it gets Haas'd and looks like the Zion then that's great. The Zion glass fits really well and it's only an extra 4mm. Won't know until we see it. The one thing that I don't like on the Up and Un threads is the use of CAD's to show off a vape. In this case I would really enjoy seeing some at least we know it works and has been proven. @thekarmawhore do you have any images we can all drool over a bit. Please. Of course only if RBT gives you the okay.

thekarmawhore

@thekarmawhore do you have any images we can all drool over a bit. Please. Of course only if RBT gives you the okay.

oh, there might be a render or two laying around the lab...
sis6gpzybpkedti6g.jpg

note, this shows the heater glass proud, but seated like the original zion design, however it may end up being flush. The one shown in the walk around vid was an old 14mm heater design retrofitted with the 18mm heater which was why it was sticking out so far.

The designs of the mini and that ridiculous dual monster are running in parallel with the initial production of the Zion, as well as further exploratory work so there are a lot of irons in the fire at this time and we're extremely grateful for the patience, feedback and support of this community, we wouldn't be here without you peeps!

your pal,
thekarmawhore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom