Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

@doubledown I'm not 100% sure what RBT's plan is on caps. I do know that @phattpiggie has once again pulled some pretty fucking cool and some rather unique looking caps up on here. By the way phatts your research doesn't go unnoticed. You come up with some cool and disturbing as hell looking shit. Outside the box like a mother fucker fo sure.
Hahah....I DO usually look at previous posts before I ask a question. My bad :D My preference would be a cap that continued the shape of the body. I just don't know how it would be done to keep tension on the battery. Possibly a flush side door with magnets? Can't wait to see what they come up with.

hippogriff

Battery caps simple but effective, the Zion has a large rear door on magnets I wonder which direction the single and the TOD will take.
9uiJbQg.jpg

You just know the black knurled version is the safest bet
Yes, top left, that would look sweet flush in the wood body.

LBsEveryday

@grokit I was trying to think of a design that I've seen that was a simple mech wood door and this was it. This would work for some type of dual battery device as well(18350 micro TOD?):drool:..
Also the dugout idea wood(:D) be awesome just for the convenience to stash :brow:. Something simple like a hinged flap/slab might work. Gonna see if I can sketch some ideas out because I can't seem to pull anything good from memory atm..

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
You come up with some cool and disturbing as hell looking shit. Outside the box like a mother fucker fo sure.

I did tell you I had the potential to be one fukd up individual.:lol:
As Mrs. PP. has just said 'yep disturbed that's you'.

A very big thank you to everyone who has liked the imagery and ideas I have posted.
As HD said in the past this has been the most fun thing I've been part of for a long time.
@thekarmawhore I take that as a big compliment the Okin is the only other thread I have regularly looked at and enjoyed.
Hats off to @Dan Morrison. His work on the Okin is outstanding. For me, especially, his custom tooling I find fanfukintastic. Another thread with that 'happy feel' to it.
October is nearly here. Zion production is coming on smoothly. Not long until we will all see where this and the TOD are going.
Again many thanks folks your 'likes' and comments have helped fuel my happily fried mind.

The futures bright. The futures ZION.

Last edited:

Tommy10

Mdma wooden cover that goes over and holds the stem? Always thought the solo would be cool if the top but that screws on and off could be swapped out for one that screws on and holds the stem firm

Tommy10

Now THAT I like the sound of :tup:

Not sure how long it would last though, and international shipping could prove challenging!

Ha! MDF perhaps? Or maybe I'm way off base & you got it right the first time?!

:peace:

Molly be nice! Meant maybe* haha

To keep with the theme could even use like a metal tool box tension clip to hold it or something else construction/steam punky. Not a soft plastic clip, something toughhhhh!

Last edited:
Ever since I stumbled upon this forum I've been obsessed with this vape. I'm an avid outdoor enthusiast, so the idea of a glass stem is a bit unnerving to me. Hence, I fooled around in photoshop and made this:
1IEGhCn.jpg
The mp is a metal 18mm nectar collector I found on google. I think having an alternate (metal) stem would be a nice possible addition (or accessory) as it would mean less chance of damage, while keeping flavor and reclaim ability.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Too bad I can't read. I mentioned the titanium stems somewhere a while back with the addition of a wooden sleeve for comfort on the lips.
uXEOzsW.jpg

Some one else also mentioned these in keeping with the wooden body. A glass sleeve in the stem would also allow for reclaim. Or all glass with a wooden outer.
4UQb0dE.png
U09dPpa.jpg

The RBT threads with their 'open happy vibe' should also have a knock on effect for some of the manufacturers on FC.
I can see the FC glass blowers and wood machinists seeing a rise in orders once the production Zions are out there.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Miniature version of something like this
http://m.globalsources.com/gsol/Gen...149681&design=mobile&catalog_id=2000000003844

To hold a lid and the stem in place to make it more pocketable on the go. With the solo and hammer I don't like having the vape and stem in the same pocket, and sometimes you run out of pockets!

The battery latch asofnow is able to act as a stem locl as well. To make a lid, the unit would have to become bigger and more expensive as well likely, I always wanted one too and pushed for the Zion cap, but may not be doable on this particular model (but a true single battery Zion down the line could...)

@Too bad I can't read unfortunately an all metal stem like that would probably conduct too much heat after a hit, unsure if the glass bowl joint would be receptive to hot metal or wood for that matter. RBT does have a metal stem concept that still uses a glass bowl to connect, and I think Ed maybe able to do something similar with wood, but a pjre indestructible stem may be tricky... We'll see what can be done when they're out there

Shit Snacks,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Shit Snacks the first time I posted about a Ti bowl I wondered if it would be feasible due to expansion rates differing. Time will tell as more people will be able to try things out next month.

@Shit Snacks the first time I posted about a Ti bowl I wondered if it would be feasible due to expansion rates differing. Time will tell as more people will be able to try things out next month.

Thats a great point, never thought of that.

@Shit Snacks, I figure that a silicone tip like the gh or one of those disposable e cig tips would reduce the chance of getting burnt.

Also, is the bowl glass? I thought it was made of stainless steel.

Another option might be a glass/metal hybrid, sort of like this?
7pD7g8o.jpg

I'm not sure how feasible this would be, but the glass would diffuse enough heat to neglect any problems in regards to expanding/breaking the bowl, while still sturdy enough to not really worry about breaking.

Too bad I can't read,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
No silicone tips please, how about some wood? The Okin thread shows what I mean. The stem and mouthpiece tip are two different woods. That silicone 'session extender' looks really vile when its been used. It puts me off my food when I see one.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thats a great point, never thought of that.

@Shit Snacks, I figure that a silicone tip like the gh or one of those disposable e cig tips would reduce the chance of getting burnt.

Also, is the bowl glass? I thought it was made of stainless steel.

Another option might be a glass/metal hybrid, sort of like this?
7pD7g8o.jpg

I'm not sure how feasible this would be, but the glass would diffuse enough heat to neglect any problems in regards to expanding/breaking the bowl, while still sturdy enough to not really worry about breaking.

Yeah I meant the bowl getting too hot, it is indeed a glass bowl here and in the Zion (save for a steel mesh basket screen), so as is the glass stem doesn't really conduct much heat at all even with back to back use, but I'm not sure a metal one would be as good at that, could make the whole unit hotter, so yeah glass 18mm male to whatever else mouthpiece makes the most sense probably. But we'll see what is ultimately possible

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

Tommy10

The battery latch asofnow is able to act as a stem locl as well. To make a lid, the unit would have to become bigger and more expensive as well likely, I always wanted one too and pushed for the Zion cap, but may not be doable on this particular model (but a true single battery Zion down the line could...)

@Too bad I can't read unfortunately an all metal stem like that would probably conduct too much heat after a hit, unsure if the glass bowl joint would be receptive to hot metal or wood for that matter. RBT does have a metal stem concept that still uses a glass bowl to connect, and I think Ed maybe able to do something similar with wood, but a pjre indestructible stem may be tricky... We'll see what can be done when they're out there

Battery lack stem lock is good enough for me for now!

Tommy10,

Sorry a bit confused. Are you saying that the stem can fit where the battery would be? I'm mainly concerned with having to carry the stem separate (like the arizer air) but this seems like it would fix the issue. I'm not too worried about carrying batteries separate, not like they're going to shatter.

Also, does anyone have a working link to the video on the first page? I read through the pages and was bummed when the video of the prototype wasn't working.

Too bad I can't read,
Reactions: friedrich

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Just curious, why did this get switched to 18? Just bowl size?

Air flow is a big factor. The Zion heater tech is beastly. Take it from me, i have the Powerhouse here and also tried a single battery 10mm i called MicroZi. Using 10mm or even 14mm is a little limiting considering the power under the hood. I could maybe liken the 10mm or even 14mm to getting that new Porsche 911 Turbo S and only kicking it to 55 MPH in the city. You could make your way to your desired destination, but it isn't a whole lot more fun than driving the Buick Regal around town (accept maybe the ladies would like the Porsche more).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom