Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

natural farmer

Very true. Both of these companies are changing the portable game in different ways. I am very lucky to be a beta tester for the two of them. I see a bright future for both companies, two very good products, assembled in the United States and provided at affordable price. What more can you ask?

And let's not forget the Grasshopper, right? ;) Good times indeed... If only time could fly a little faster and get all those in my hands now... And some herbs and concentrates maybe! :p

bounce5

I saw that there was a video that shows this unit put out by RBT. How come they don't have a video showing the unit in use? Is it not ready yet?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I saw that there was a video that shows this unit put out by RBT. How come they don't have a video showing the unit in use? Is it not ready yet?

There were a few videos of various prototypes. As of now there is only one prototype really, the 14mm with button, now with an 18mm crammed in. RBT has it whilst he sets up Zion production. I'm sure its getting plenty of testing... I'm sure RBT will upload videos again when possible (and us early betas too I'm sure, whenever we get ours that is), but it does work

Likes2vape

Yes This!!!!! I would still love to see more videos of the Zion line in action!!! Videos, Videos, Videos!!!!!! Pretty please with a cherry on top!!!!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
A couple of more images for @thekarmawhore to have a gander at.
1g4FeHR.jpg
CWgARVA.jpg

Love the little spirit level

C0Hj5o1.jpg

My favorite
U27L0aK.jpg

Reminds me of a 35mm camera.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
On that note, @IAmKrazy2 put up a great video of the TOD.

Can't wait for some video of the 18mm single battery in action, and comparison (by @RastaBuddhaTao , who is pretty busy w/ the production Zions) to the most recent 14mm version.

Thanks. I think me and my video guy both enjoyed it. He is usually pretty busy working on independent films and such, but whenever he has time we already said we would shoot some more videos.

Edit..if you.haven't seen the video and want to i left the post number in my signature. It is in the 18mm Powerhouse Thread. Same heater technology as this vape.

Kalessin

I almost did the same yesterday, but fortunately or unfortunately (I can't decide which) my mobile device doesn't process their website correctly so I wasn't able to go through with it.

natural farmer

So after forging my precious few euros can I have a couple of suggestions for the design? :p

I'd love to see a recessed GonG heater so it's less fragile like the Zion and I'd love to be given the option for anodized aluminum or SS or wooden stems, again for durability reasons. :nod: If we stay with glass, I hope I can find a kind of plastic tube to carry it in... A smaller, more recessed fire button would be nice as well cause I don't feel so safe imagining my precious to land on it if dropped... :(

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@natural farmer I've looked at ideas for a less fragile stem. Ideas have been bouncing around in my head as people want strength but also the ability to reclaim.
A full wood stem wouldn't allow easy reclaim so I suggested a glass or stainless liner.
I am also toying with the idea of having the ability to pre-fill some glass 'bullets' and have them fit into a different mouth piece which could be fitted with a 510 drip tip of the users choice.
nUN6YX5.jpg
C5Ir4Ar.jpg
5nnvSeV.jpg

So the glass goes in one end of the wooden dowel, again this could be sleeved or metal if preferred, and the drip tip in the other.
It's now when I wish I had the abilities of @thekarmawhore to turn the 3 images into one.
The glass could be an extra short 18mm joint instead.
I also posted about the possibility of using a modified one of these
uXEOzsW.jpg

which would just need prettying up a bit with a wooden mouthpiece.
@DieHard found that his Mom's long finger nails stopped her being able to press in the button so as long as you keep yours trimmed you shouldn't have a problem with a recessed button.

Shit Snacks

So after forging my precious few euros can I have a couple of suggestions for the design? :p

I'd love to see a recessed GonG heater so it's less fragile like the Zion and I'd love to be given the option for anodized aluminum or SS or wooden stems, again for durability reasons. :nod: If we stay with glass, I hope I can find a kind of plastic tube to carry it in... A smaller, more recessed fire button would be nice as well cause I don't feel so safe imagining my precious to land on it if dropped... :(

Hey NF! Glad to see you in on this one

The GonG was recessed for the 14mm, but since this is just an 18mm crammed in the same body it has to pop out. If the body is made a hair wider it can accommodate a recessed bowl. I believe this is being considered and we will see where it goes when a true 18mm beta is put together.

And stem wise, there is a wrapping steel thing in the works, but its just an idea at this stage really, gets hot though. Ed will work on wooden 18mm stems once Zion has gotten going, so those will work for this too, just will be shorter likely. There's also an idea for a leather or wooden carry case for stems, keepin it bare bones for now though.

And recessed button, yeah its tricky, here you kinda want the bulbousness so you can press it easier with just your hand while keeping the unit concealed in your palm. It should be durable enough to withstand any drops, but real estate is limited in this little guy

Last edited:

natural farmer

Nice input guys! I guess none of you would mind the body to get a hair thicker so it's more durable, let's wait and see where it goes. :) And yes, I am sure Ed will eventually get into this! :nod: And of course as long as it's durable, the recessed button is not a big thing…. It's Zion's time now so let's wait on this one. :lol:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
It's an extra 4mm a negligible amount. If/when the kit form is released I would try a 26650 battery version out of curiosity. The battery tube can be thin wall it's only the heater that requires the thickness for insulation against the hand. October can't come soon enough.

Reflexion

I agree with natural farmer. Somehow I didn't realize the 18mm femal gong chamber is exposed or that the button isn't recessed to prevent it from turning on while in your pocket. Doesn't seem like it would be a good idea for me to carry this around in my front pocket. I would much prefer it to be slightly thicker/wider with a recessed gong and button.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I agree with natural farmer. Somehow I didn't realize the 18mm femal gong chamber is exposed or that the button isn't recessed to prevent it from turning on while in your pocket. Doesn't seem like it would be a good idea for me to carry this around in my front pocket. I would much prefer it to be slightly thicker/wider with a recessed gong and button.

There will be a safety switch to prevent it from turning on in a pocket by the way, the battery latch is actually multifunctional asofnow

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Once all the Zion production is finished then RBT and TKW will get time to finalize this edition and the TOD.
This beta model was modified to allow 18 rather than 14mm glass to be used. Hence the protruding female joint.
SIWNQ11.jpg

This was done at the suggestion of the beta team. RBT will be keeping an eye on all the threads and I am sure every ones suggestion and ideas will be taken on board and a happy medium will be realised. There is a good vibe about the three threads and it's a pleasure to take part in. There aren't many manufacturers who have gone to lengths RBT has to keep his future customers happy.
Remember its early days yet and as exciting as it is we all need to have a bit of patience.
Myself I will need more than my fair share as I am waiting on the adjustable version to appear.

EDIT Sorry 4 threads mustn't forget the little Dillinger.

Last edited:

bounce5

When will there be an in-use video of this model? Also, how come the other two Zion models have in-use videos and reviews but not this one?

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
When will there be an in-use video of this model? Also, how come the other two Zion models have in-use videos and reviews but not this one?

Because RBT is correctly concentrating on getting out production Zion's. This vape likely only has one 18mm Prototype at the moment and the beta testers do not have it yet. If i end up with a beta model i will certainly get a video up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom