18650 batteries over 20A discharge current

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
heyho

i think we should gather useful info here. now its split across several threads.

mooch is doing very great work in testing batteries for us. some of his findings are concluded in the following table:
Up-to-20A2.png

he also just recently tested sony vtc6 batteries and compared them to other 3000mah batteries (samsung 30q,lg hg2, highest capacity now with drain of 20A). https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-vs-samsung-30q-vs-sony-vtc6-shootout.757553/
image-jpeg.584749

imo these 3 batteries are the most interesting ones for us currently since they have both high capacity and are safe to operate at 20A.
i do own 30qs and hg2s and prefer the 30qs actually. the test also shows that they run a bit cooler than the others.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I thought the 30Q were 5C 15A (continuous)..? Might be wrong though.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
they are rated as such, but as moochs experiment shows their performance is on par with ög hg2 and sony vtc6 and run even cooler. in practice that means they can handle at least the same load that 20A rated batteries can.
i can also tell from personal experience. feels like they have slightly higher capacity and same performance like the hg2s.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
they are rated as such, but as moochs experiment shows their performance is on par with ög hg2 and sony vtc6 and run even cooler. in practice that means they can handle at least the same load that 20A rated batteries can.
i can also tell from personal experience. feels like they have slightly higher capacity and same performance like the hg2s.

Thanks for clarification :tup:
That's good to know. Gotta check em out one day. Sounds like a gold standard

vapen00b,
Top Bottom