• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

18350 Manual 10 mm Glass Concept

Working from home today. Guess which vape is getting a workout between phone calls and emails? The Micro Zion!

Thanks for clearing up the fact it truly is convection. Because of the size and heater location and similarity to the mflb i assumed it was conduction. It certainly does have a unique vapor signature of the punch in the face variety

To compare to one of my favorite portables the firefly, this does not need to be sipped slowly like the firefly. Because of the higher power you need to rip it faster. Again with a good trigger i know she would be a pleasure to use and much easier to control. As is, it takes some care to ensure you do not cross that line into combustion. But if you do, the stems clean easily in a tall shotglass of iso

Edit. @stickstones Thanks for the kind words. True, this isn't my first or second beta testing duties. I still have the first ever working Prototype of the Cloud "the zero unit" (although it doesn't work anymore). I have beta tested for multiple companies.

I actually found out about the Zion thread one of the many times i asked stickstones "is there any new vapes i should be looking out for". I hadn't been very active in the forums in a few years, but the Zion helped to re fuel my vapor loving fire, and i have been back and actively looking and buying new vapes over the last several months.

Back to MicroZi. The 10mm isn't the easiest to pack and stir or get tools into but heat really is a non issue for me. The glass cools plenty quick. Prototype ease of use is really the biggest and only functional issue with this unit. Not as easy to pack and go as the FF or MFLB, and the micro 10mm stems aren't super easy to maintain with screens. Again, a good trigger or throttle is needed to get proper handling and control but overall this is just fun to use and it works well and quick.

Again.... the vapor is very very smooth all things considered. I wanted to see if i could slide the stem into a 9mm glass piece and rip away but I don't think i have one any more.
MOAR REVIEW, MOAR!!!

HD Springer

Well I just got done giving this little beaut a test run. My very first impression is ….…awesome!!!

I ran 2 stems which would not of even filled a third of my firefly bowl. RBT I see no reason why your barebones model either 14mm/10mm which ever could not be just like this.

Unreal how easy this unit is to get a good solid hit producing big clouds from a cold start. The simplicity to the whole process has it's own unique feel to it. Just like previous people have said you're using the throat to monitor the size and heat of your hit.
I load about as much as I cram in a 1 hit bat. Only I use the vacuum method so it's not crammed in. And as where some probably would like some sort of a button I'm digging this "trigger" on this. The "punkier" the better for myself.

More testing is needed for sure

HD Springer

Well I'm back with good results. I've been testing the living hell out of this. 1 thing about the minimalist switch/trigger is it gets hot. Not blistering hot but definalty uncomfortably hot. I'm not searching for more power with this little thing which you might expect with a small device. I have combusted but usually it's because I'm preheating for more than a sec or two. Great flavor,but honestly it should because the all glass and short path the vapor travels. This is not a great all day vape but that's not what it's made for either. It is a great get 3-4 heavy big hits and go about your business. It's as close to a 1 hitter as I've seen. Awesome at conserving product.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I'm liking what I'm hearing @HD Springer :)

And I get the feeling RBT will work to iron out any little kinks brought to light through your testing & feedback.

A pocketable 1 - 2 or even 3 - 4 big ass hit & quit sounds like it'll suit my requirements in various scenarios.

Pleased you're enjoyin the little fella, good work HD :tup:

:peace:

HD Springer

I agree Veg and thanks. This little thing def. has that opertunity to fill that void. Like other stem vapes the more you pack the more chance for needing to stir but a lightly packed stem (enough for 2-4 hits) will lessen the need to stir. Because as iamkrazy said earlier it's a messy deal stirring and pretty much a pain in the ass.
But it's supposed to be a 1 hitter type vaporizer. Just like with a true 1 hitter there is always 2-4 hits in a bat.
I think that he could do this set up with a 18650 battery and keep his whole line a standard size battery for the Zion family. IMO.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I don't get the stirring bit has anyone tried empty and re-vac. Wouldn't it achieve the same thing with less worry about screen damage or movement?

phattpiggie,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I don't get the stirring bit has anyone tried empty and re-vac. Wouldn't it achieve the same thing with less worry about screen damage or movement?

The screen is pretty robust from what i gathered from the beta group, and although dump and suck is fine for home it isn't going to be as easy on the go.. this is the on the go option , and much easier than a dump and suck IMO

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: VegNVape

HD Springer

The Zion screen is very robust as Krazy has said. One thing I love to do is what @thekarmawhore has said to push the screen down the length of the stem all the way to the bottom of the stem. I then put the stem in the bowl and let it pre heat for about 5 sec and I'll get 2 nice medicative hits. That's whats so sweet about glass.

I do stir most of the time. But the less you load the less stirring is needed.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Just got off the fone to the 18350 manual line.
Seems to be a serious case of vape neglect going on here.

phattpiggie,
Reactions: slatihe
I think the big limiting factor on this is the 10mm glass.

It may need a redesign. Any thoughts, feel free to elaborate. If this small of a unit is your preference, load us up with some suggestions to chew on for a bit. You never know what will stick; and someone else always thinks of the the one thing you miss, right?

ragnorokk,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I have never seen the 10mm glass used in this unit. I do however use 10mm in my 05 and it find it okay but that's conduction maybe it's not the same for convection. I think some one said about using the same size battery but upping the 10mm to 14mm.
I will be hooking up with @HD Springer and hopefully we can get some fotos up for everyone to peruse. I asked him to use something so we can get a sense of scale. Something we are all familiar with.
@ragnorokk you hit the nail on the head someone else may see something we are all missing.
If it's a viable build then it would be nice to see it in production. Just because it's so compact and battery life wouldn't be a problem as long as we understand it's not going to be an all dayer.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have never seen the 10mm glass used in this unit. I do however use 10mm in my 05 and it find it okay but that's conduction maybe it's not the same for convection. I think some one said about using the same size battery but upping the 10mm to 14mm.
I will be hooking up with @HD Springer and hopefully we can get some fotos up for everyone to peruse. I asked him to use something so we can get a sense of scale. Something we are all familiar with.
@ragnorokk you hit the nail on the head someone else may see something we are all missing.
If it's a viable build then it would be nice to see it in production. Just because it's so compact and battery life wouldn't be a problem as long as we understand it's not going to be an all dayer.

I'd suggest a bic lighter, but frankly I don't even remember what those feel like in hand anymore thank God lol

HD Springer

I'll get pics in the next 24 hrs. to @phattpiggie. I've got another couple stops to make and witness this destruction take place. How combusters can make claims of putting flame to bud being a stronger and better way of consuming mj is beyond me. In the 10mm stems case it's definitely a viable way to go. I like the fact that consumption grinds to a trickle and you SAVE a bunch of material.

slatihe

@HD Springer the 10mm glass is Def the favorite part of my nano. Those micro bowls are only two hits.... but WOW are those two hits some hard HITS.

Do you think you could make a quick comparison with the Triangle Of Death?

slatihe,

HD Springer

@slatihe they both are all glass air path but other than that they are completely different. The 10 as you know has a great way of conserving. However your hits are restricted. Almost impossible not to be. The triangle is wide open air path. It has to be to handle the heat. 0-1000 in under 5 secs. I'm not positive on those #'s but I think they are close. Strong effects from both. The 10mm has that same effects that 1 hitters give you. Could be from pulling through a small stem. The triangle gives me an all over warm buzzing feeling. Truly a game changer. Hope this helps. If not let me know I'll try to clarify.

slatihe

A little, i guess. Was more asking how you felt about using them not drag resistance comparisons. ... but user experience?

Do you feel the 10 is a bit lacking? You mentioned charing with preheating.... makes me wonder if a bit more power would help.

Brings up another question though, HOW restricted do feel with 10mm? Don't find nanos stems THAT bad.... but no its no 18. :)

Last edited:
slatihe,

HD Springer

It's like sipping a good bourbon compared to doing a keg stand. Or beer bong. Apples to oranges. One lets you gradually get to your destination. The other is like taking a trip on the concord.The 10mm was born out of the need to conserve material. The triangle of death was born out of the love for all things in excess. You know the people who loves fast cars and women. Loud and proud and obnoxious. At least that's how I've been putting it.

Shit Snacks

It's like sipping a good bourbon compared to doing a keg stand. Or beer bong. Apples to oranges. One lets you gradually get to your destination. The other is like taking a trip on the concord.The 10mm was born out of the need to conserve material. The triangle of death was born out of the love for all things in excess. You know the people who loves fast cars and women. Loud and proud and obnoxious. At least that's how I've been putting it.

I don't know why but this made me think fast cars and loud women for a second lol

slatihe

Hmm 10mm sounds a bit disappointing for me then... sounds like it needs more power, still dreaming of a pocket nano. Lol

Thanks.

slatihe,

HD Springer

It's definitely needing more work. It's nice to have if I'm down to very little material because it works real good with little amounts. But your right it's at it's very infant stage and I'm not sure of its due date or anything on that.Its at the very back of a very impressive line up of vapes.

Shit Snacks

Hmm 10mm sounds a bit disappointing for me then... sounds like it needs more power, still dreaming of a pocket nano. Lol

Thanks.

Yes seems the 14mm will be more like that for you, though I still find Zion pocketable in some ways too! Brought in movie theater last night, too crowded to get a chance to use it, but it definitely fit in my pocket lol (had edibles too)

slatihe

Yeah we will see @Shit Snacks. It's not really about the box\case size, but rather the actual bowl size... and even then it isn't THAT big a deal, just preferences really... There are LOTS of big bowled vapes to choose from.

Any who. .. You know this gives me a grate idea though.... Would think a low profile reducer would work a treat at reducing bowl size. Any one try it?
That's why i was so excited about the 14mm. But even 18 to 10 is possible, just means custom work probly... which means big $ for the lil guy only wanting just one.

Either way these single bat units seem a bit under powered. Was thinking of suggesting a kicker but would still probably need bigger heater to go with it... was just really wanting to see some feed back from the 14 model to conferm, but the single bat voltage seems to be a limiter. Wouldn't know though as it depends on the heater(s) in question. Would think that about 74 continual watts would be enough... but for how long? Lol

Really just curious.

Top Bottom