18350 Manual 10 mm Glass Concept

HD Springer

I go to sleep in the morning like all hard working people and wake up to a brand new design. A very small design. Totally bad ass. The 1 thing the Zion family has in common
is they can all pull big clouds. Or sip on it if that's your pleasure.
Seriously RBT do you have anytime to play with your creations?

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Now this looks interesting! With all the good things I've been reading over in the Zion thread, this new stealth portable concept definitely has my attention. What is that on the top you're fiddling with, @RastaBuddhaTao? Just a power switch? Is there just one 18350 battery in there?

The Zion is already on my wish list; this thing could very well end up there too if it performs similarly and has at least an okay battery life. (I know it won't be as good as the Zion with its dual 18650s, but that small form factor would make it worth it I think)

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Now this looks interesting! With all the good things I've been reading over in the Zion thread, this new stealth portable concept definitely has my attention. What is that on the top you're fiddling with, @RastaBuddhaTao? Just a power switch? Is there just one 18350 battery in there?

The Zion is already on my wish list; this thing could very well end up there too if it performs similarly and has at least an okay battery life. (I know it won't be as good as the Zion with its dual 18650s, but that small form factor would make it worth it I think)
Yes the power switch is on top. It's the one area that needs development along with adding an LED. This is a fully manual unit running direct off a single 18350. The power switch can be rotated so that it is positioned over the gong as a safety to prevent firing when in your pocket but still holds the battery in. Simply rotate it out of the way to swap batteries. All of our units feature 18x50 batteries so that the same batteries and charger service all of our units. This little guy was inspired by and made for @HD Springer. It's super efficient both in material and power consumption. Since the glass is so small and short it gets a little hot. This was an attempt at building the smallest vaporizer possible. It gets 3 - 5 loads on a charge. Even though the battery is only 700 mah the load is only around .04 g and will still deliver 3-4 draws.

Tuning this vaporizer gets tricky so we will be designing the 18650 with 14 mm glass first as it seems to be the best balance of stealth, load size and battery life. Beta units will start shipping out to the beta test team starting next week.

As for this little guy, we will see what HD thinks of his requested electric dugout. I originally thought the 10 mm stem would be too small but it's so efficient it just might be enough if we can keep it cool enough with a longer stem. Definitely a solo unit but the 14 mm is big enough to share with friends. You could use multiple stems and just pass the unit? We are also working on an integrated stem model.

Interested to hear everyone's perspective on this as we map out our product offering. Thanks in advance for your feedback as we value our input from the FC family

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes the power switch is on top. It's the one area that needs development along with adding an LED. This is a fully manual unit running direct off a single 18350. The power switch can be rotated so that it is positioned over the gong as a safety to prevent firing when in your pocket but still holds the battery in. Simply rotate it out of the way to swap batteries. All of our units feature 18x50 batteries so that the same batteries and charger service all of our units. This little guy was inspired by and made for @HD Springer. It's super efficient both in material and power consumption. Since the glass is so small and short it gets a little hot. This was an attempt at building the smallest vaporizer possible. It gets 3 - 5 loads on a charge. Even though the battery is only 700 mah the load is only around .04 g and will still deliver 3-4 draws.

Tuning this vaporizer gets tricky so we will be designing the 18650 with 14 mm glass first as it seems to be the best balance of stealth, load size and battery life. Beta units will start shipping out to the beta test team starting next week.

As for this little guy, we will see what HD thinks of his requested electric dugout. I originally thought the 10 mm stem would be too small but it's so efficient it just might be enough if we can keep it cool enough with a longer stem. Definitely a solo unit but the 14 mm is big enough to share with friends. You could use multiple stems and just pass the unit? We are also working on an integrated stem model.

Interested to hear everyone's perspective on this as we map out our product offering. Thanks in advance for your feedback as we value our input from the FC family

All sounds fantastic to me, main suggestion at the top of my mind for this itty bitty is if its supposed to be the electric dugout, should it have a little stash spot built into the wood like a dugout as well? Possible, or adds too much extra wood to this ultraportable? It already can make it as a one hitter vape (maybe even more so than GH? I'll be able to compare the two eventually at least)

A separate stem case could solve that with its own little herbal compartment (and maybe even one for avb?) and/or prepacked stems potentially too. And re heat, maybe some kind of airpath thing could be added to the glass stems to cool vapor? Like an Arizer vortex stem (not that I've tried one, but isn't that how they work?), or probably even something simpler than that?

btka

the size is really nice... the zion is for my taste to big to be a real portable vape to be honest... But it seems you have to draw really hard on the zion baby (20 sec.)... and i also can not really judge if the cloud this vape produces is big... as the one I saw zion could produce...but I also have to admit that i am a vapor cloud guy ;) ... but maybe it is the video...

I also like that you could use it with 0.04g sounds really efficient to me...

i will watch the further development and hope it will turn out to be a really small portable efficient "log vape"... a portable enano,HI; Underdog...

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
@Derrrpp I did a lot of caving before my back surgery, and found that carrying a few extras lithium batteries is really easy if you get a special case for holding them.

I can imagine a mmj patient like me leaving for the day with two extra spare batteries and being able to casually medicate all day long with this pocket piece.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Looks awesome! Think I'd rather have a 18650 and 14mm glass tho :p.
So after spending some time using the 18350 10 mm glass side by side with the 18650 14 mm glass we said that exactly @MikeInMiami. The height of the unit does not allow enough room for the heater and if we make it taller then we approach the 18650 battery height. The 10 mm glass also does not prove practical as it is too small to effectively stir. Going with the 18650 allows use of the same battery as the Zion, improves vapor quality and battery life and gives the height required to gain the full benefit of the Zion Heater Technology. We will revisit if we want to run the 18350 profile with the 14 mm glass once we complete the 18650 design as it is only a Delta X change... Stay tuned and check our 18650 thread. @Shit Snacks great ?'s let's pick up in the 18650.

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Well, a wonderful mistake happened today. I received the little 18350 meant for HD Springer. I was surprised to see this little vape in the mail, but immediately got to testing but contacted RBT to thank him for the surprise. That's when he informed me of his wonderful mistake. I will be passing this one along to poor HD Springer in a few days after i get in my testing.

First impressions is a true MFLB on steroids. No need to draw slow and Patiently sip your hit like the mflb, this thing rips. You draw a lot quicker than the mflb, to manage the higher power of this little beast. I want to call it the Ripping Cricket or something.

My complaint to RBT was lack of trigger. Sounds like he already has that wrapped up. With a good trigger one can tame this little beast very well i bet. With a good trigger one could manage it comfortably for big quick hits and no fear of combustion.

The 10mm glass is small but fun to use. It does heat up a bit, but to me was never overly hot puffing away back to back bowl, even with the shorter of the two stems i was provided. I also found the vapor surprisingly comfortable considering the short vapor path and conduction cooking.

So far i am really impressed and although batteries only last around 3 or 4 loads at 2 to 4 hits each they charge very quickly and the unit provides a very unique vapor signature and potent punch.

Questions?

Edit. I like one stir before my last hit with something thin like a paperclip. It is a good around the house portable. Load a stem, puff on it while letting out the dog, firing up the grill, taking out the garbage, watering the flowers, ect. With a good trigger once loaded it could easily be used one handed.

Double edit. In the defense of RBT for shipping to me on accident i am going to take an educated guess that myself and @HD Springer both have very similar names, likely the same last name. Oops. Haha. I will take full advantage of this mistake and provide as much feedback as i can.

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Well, a wonderful mistake happened today. I received the little 18350 meant for HD Springer. I was surprised to see this little vape in the mail, but immediately got to testing but contacted RBT to thank him for the surprise. That's when he informed me of his wonderful mistake. I will be passing this one along to poor HD Springer in a few days after i get in my testing.

First impressions is a true MFLB on steroids. No need to draw slow and Patiently sip your hit like the mflb, this thing rips. You draw a lot quicker than the mflb, to manage the higher power of this little beast. I want to call it the Ripping Cricket or something.

My complaint to RBT was lack of trigger. Sounds like he already has that wrapped up. With a good trigger one can tame this little beast very well i bet. With a good trigger one could manage it comfortably for big quick hits and no fear of combustion.

The 10mm glass is small but fun to use. It does heat up a bit, but to me was never overly hot puffing away back to back bowl, even with the shorter of the two stems i was provided. I also found the vapor surprisingly comfortable considering the short vapor path and conduction cooking.

So far i am really impressed and although batteries only last around 3 or 4 loads at 2 to 4 hits each they charge very quickly and the unit provides a very unique vapor signature and potent punch.

Questions?

Edit. I like one stir before my last hit with something thin like a paperclip. It is a good around the house portable. Load a stem, puff on it while letting out the dog, firing up the grill, taking out the garbage, watering the flowers, ect. With a good trigger once loaded it could easily be used one handed.

Double edit. In the defense of RBT for shipping to me on accident i am going to take an educated guess that myself and @HD Springer both have very similar names, likely the same last name. Oops. Haha. I will take full advantage of this mistake and provide as much feedback as i can.
Best mistake since the post-It. Thanks for such quick, accurate, and to the point review of that little bugger. As luck would have it HD is on vacation so this works perfectly. Maybe we should continue to send her around the country?

So watch towards the end of charge and let me know if it still has enough power as it does drop off slightly at the end of charge. If it is still to hot, a could take it down if needed but I hate to leave a customer under powered as you pointed out you can modulate a good button the keep from combusting if ya know how to drive ;) We can always do a half breed and just shrink the 18650 design down to a 18350 and retain the 14 mm glass?

Keep the reports and findings coming and please anyone chime in with any thoughts... No bad ideas we are just brainstorming a concept... Or as @pakalolo calls it, CrowdBraining"

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Questions?

Hahah what a fun happy accident RBT!

Nice to get a fresh perspective, from someone who hasn't yet tried Zion even.

Great first write up Krazy! (but I think you meant convection, not conduction, re vapor temp/harshness. Big part of why this crushes mflb style hits)

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@Shit Snacks i believe this little guy is conduction.

I love the idea of shrinking down the single 18650 to this size also.

IMO don't dial this one back. If its too fast learn to drive better!

Hits are still possible with some more slow inhales on the end of the battery life but i like it better full throttle.

Got some other things to try, will report back.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks i believe this little guy is conduction.

I love the idea of shrinking down the single 18650 to this size also.

IMO don't dial this one back. If its too fast learn to drive better!

Hits are still possible with some more slow inhales on the end of the battery life but i like it better full throttle.

Got some other things to try, will report back.

Should be pure convection, same heater and configuration as Zion, load the stem and draw hot air off the element through the stem over the herbs. It's just smaller, but principle should be the same, right @RastaBuddhaTao ?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: VegNVape

Grim Chiclets

I love it!
I mean I really love the idea of getting a Zion- but given that it'd probably be getting less use than my Solo- this could be a perfect middle ground between portability and breaking the bank for someone like me :cool:
Though of course it might be simpler to just get the Zion, since I already have great 18650s..
Will be keeping my eye out for this one :tup:

Shit Snacks

I love it!
I mean I really love the idea of getting a Zion- but given that it'd probably be getting less use than my Solo- this could be a perfect middle ground between portability and breaking the bank for someone like me :cool:
Though of course it might be simpler to just get the Zion, since I already have great 18650s..
Will be keeping my eye out for this one :tup:

Haha yeah, but I am so happy I sold my Solo (and my Air too) well before getting this, there's just no contest for something on demand. Hated having to hit Solo or Air so many times at once, and so many bowls, and taste faded fast. And the effects really can't compare, it was my Firefly and Elevape that had me selling Solo and Air. I think even this mini Zion, with its on demand pure convection power would make most any Solo gather up dust, save for maybe group use? Mmm and all pure ingredients...

Zion group use is also so much better imo, no cooking in between people talking not hitting etc, stronger hits so people don't even need that many hits... With this mini you just may need more stems for more people, but even so less bits per person, just may be more learning curve here than Zion? Potentially

Grim Chiclets

I guess we'll have to wait and see, I'd love to have something better than the Solo.. I actually prefer it to the Crafty, and even the E-Nano.
If it's as I think it is and the vapor production is on par, and heat up time is MFLB fast, then yeah I'll probably chuck my Solo at a buddy- maybe send it to Vito's program if I can afford to :rockon:
Man I love FC, you guys are the best.

HD Springer

Here I try to take 1 vacation in 15 yrs and see what happens. No worries here I'm glad it's being used. Sounds like it's being used well. As me and RBT like to say Grip it and rip it.

Edit: @IAmKrazy2 I think you gave the feedback that RBT is needing. As sticks said RBT couldn't of fucked up better. I'm having trouble pulling myself away from this Rocky Mt. High I'm feeling and experiencing.

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Yup pure convection. I didn't make prototype tooling for the heater dispersion screen so you can see the heater which might make you think it's conduction but it's convection. There will be plenty of room in the 14 mm joint, the 10 is just a little tight and will require some new manufacturing technology to shrink the heater that small and maintain near the quality of the Zion vapor.

Yeh I wanted to add @IAmKrazy2 to the beta team but I didn't have enough units made. It will be awesome to have him on the 18650 team.

Not to worry @HD Springer the rest of the Zion Beta units will ship over the next two days so soon you will have several Zion's.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Working from home today. Guess which vape is getting a workout between phone calls and emails? The Micro Zion!

Thanks for clearing up the fact it truly is convection. Because of the size and heater location and similarity to the mflb i assumed it was conduction. It certainly does have a unique vapor signature of the punch in the face variety

To compare to one of my favorite portables the firefly, this does not need to be sipped slowly like the firefly. Because of the higher power you need to rip it faster. Again with a good trigger i know she would be a pleasure to use and much easier to control. As is, it takes some care to ensure you do not cross that line into combustion. But if you do, the stems clean easily in a tall shotglass of iso

Edit. @stickstones Thanks for the kind words. True, this isn't my first or second beta testing duties. I still have the first ever working Prototype of the Cloud "the zero unit" (although it doesn't work anymore). I have beta tested for multiple companies.

I actually found out about the Zion thread one of the many times i asked stickstones "is there any new vapes i should be looking out for". I hadn't been very active in the forums in a few years, but the Zion helped to re fuel my vapor loving fire, and i have been back and actively looking and buying new vapes over the last several months.

Back to MicroZi. The 10mm isn't the easiest to pack and stir or get tools into but heat really is a non issue for me. The glass cools plenty quick. Prototype ease of use is really the biggest and only functional issue with this unit. Not as easy to pack and go as the FF or MFLB, and the micro 10mm stems aren't super easy to maintain with screens. Again, a good trigger or throttle is needed to get proper handling and control but overall this is just fun to use and it works well and quick.

Again.... the vapor is very very smooth all things considered. I wanted to see if i could slide the stem into a 9mm glass piece and rip away but I don't think i have one any more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom