15" or 12" bong for vaping

mariowarner

Hi guys,

I'm trying to build a SB like bong, something similar to the Vapocane, and now I'm ordering a bong. The system will be (Bong / 19 downstem / 19-14 male-male / EZ Load Bowls / 90° adapter or waterpipe adapter or quartz banger). The whole vaporized using a butane torch.

I'm looking into this bong https://www.dhgate.com/product/beaker-glass-9mm-water-pipe-18-inches-thick/385783889.html.

The 15" would be more comfortable to hit as it would sit on my lap when chilling on the sofa. But I've read that the 12" could be more flavorful when vaporizing because the vapor would hit the mouth earlier. Are 3" really making that much of a difference?

What are your thoughts? Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Verax

Yeah, I like to think that the longer distance the air has to travel Through water, the better. I’m sure there is a point that after a certain amount of water filtration, that there isn’t any additional value, but for me, more is more.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I think this is a good question. I feel like there are members here who consider bigger glass pieces to be detrimental to vaping because they dissipate the vapor too much. I’m considering a new glass piece and originally was only looking at bubblers, but now I’m considering bongs as well, so this is a relevant question to me. Is there a point where we get too much of a good thing?

Cereal4dinner

ive been experimenting with different bong and rig sizes for vaping. If you like tasting your weed, I strongly recommend you get a simple perc in a smaller package. It will cool down the vapour just fine but it will be a tad harsher. My gf perfers more perculation than less. I prefer minimum filtration for maximum flavour. Sneaky pete designs affordable glass with vaping in mind.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I think this is a good question. I feel like there are members here who consider bigger glass pieces to be detrimental to vaping because they dissipate the vapor too much. I’m considering a new glass piece and originally was only looking at bubblers, but now I’m considering bongs as well, so this is a relevant question to me. Is there a point where we get too much of a good thing?

I can only speak for myself but the 11" bong I've bought does the job easily. But for me, the experience of smoking from a bong is simply more satisfying than smoking from a bubbler. Maybe I'm losing a bit of potency, but I enjoy it more like that.

I personally miss my long straight bong the most and don't understand how people can say that their showerhead percs are saving on vapor when I been using simple slitted down stem.

rBVaWFydc9yAIa4LAAEGboHpoLA865.jpg

This is my next piece and really miss some big lung busting rips!

https://m.dhgate.com/product/20-inc...g-9mm/391751139.html#s1-13-1;searl|3992918631

howie105

Hi guys,

I'm trying to build a SB like bong, something similar to the Vapocane, and now I'm ordering a bong. The system will be (Bong / 19 downstem / 19-14 male-male / EZ Load Bowls / 90° adapter or waterpipe adapter or quartz banger). The whole vaporized using a butane torch.

I'm looking into this bong https://www.dhgate.com/product/beaker-glass-9mm-water-pipe-18-inches-thick/385783889.html.

The 15" would be more comfortable to hit as it would sit on my lap when chilling on the sofa. But I've read that the 12" could be more flavorful when vaporizing because the vapor would hit the mouth earlier. Are 3" really making that much of a difference?

What are your thoughts? Thanks! :)

I use the 12" version of that piece and doubt the extra 3" will make a big difference in performance.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I personally miss my long straight bong the most and don't understand how people can say that their showerhead percs are saving on vapor when I been using simple slitted down stem.

rBVaWFydc9yAIa4LAAEGboHpoLA865.jpg

This is my next piece and really miss some big lung busting rips!

https://m.dhgate.com/product/20-inc...g-9mm/391751139.html#s1-13-1;searl|3992918631

Totally agree, for flower vaping through water, I definitely think old school beakers and straight tubes are where it's at.

Only annoying part is needing to clean a separate downstem but it's whatever. I really want like a 13" small base beaker, fumed out heavily, old school style.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I use the 12" version of that piece and doubt the extra 3" will make a big difference in performance.
Then I better get the 20 inch one:rofl:
I been wanting a big piece but stealth stoner and right now I am renovating my home office and have no closet space to hide a huge bong .. don't think I could even show the wife because she would just ask "how old are you?"

Adults vape dry or tiny minimilistic bubblers :sherlock:

Top Bottom