14mm vs 18mm?

Tritono

Hey :) I need to know what are the differences between 14mm vs 18mm (if they exist)? there are perfomance/efficiency/smoothness differences? (like the SSV Standard wand vs the GG wand?)

My situation is that I dont have experience with glass, Im a raw joint guy (I dont have water pipes or bongs) but now I will have my first vaporizer in some weeks. I have purchased internationally a LSV and I have to choose a size for the free water pipe adapter that comes with the vape. The options are 14mm or 19mm. What size do you recommend and why? an user posted that with the 19mm you have better air flow and some improvements better than the 14mm. I dont have any experience so I dont know. What I know is that in the future I will buy some small/medium bongs for water filtration. Im not interested in pack huge bowls. Im looking for efficiency and smoothness. Thanks for the information :cool:

Edit: what do you think about this statement? "Ok well if your lungs are an issue 14mm because 18mm will cause it to be a quicker harder rip rather than a more "gentle" slower hit"

Tritono,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The difference isn't that big in my experience. 18mm gives a bit less restricted airflow, but the way I suck through 'm I hardly notice the difference. But I recently realized I always rolled my joints kinda tights as well, so it seems I personally favor a slightly restricted airflow & I may be bias. The reason I preferred tighter rolled joints was to get more control of how much smoke would hit my lungs compared to the length of my draws, so I guess there is at least some truth in that statement.

OhTheAgony,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I really don't notice any difference. I notice way more drag with setups that don't involve good diffusion.

JDSupreme,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
The differences between a 14mm and an 18mm bong aren't all that big. I find that 18mm bongs tend to move more air which means that there is less drag - easy to clear, however, because there is more air mixed in with the Vapes you could potentially have a higher air to vape ratio which (for me) equals a less satisfying hit. If you buy a vape that puts out a fairly thick vape like the solo but then pair it with a big 18mm tube you will be dissappointed because you won't be able to milk it. The air to Vapes ratio will be shite. Put a solo on a small bubbler and you will be impressed because of the difference in the vape to air ratio.

14mm bongs tend to be smaller, which also means that there is more chance for your vapes to condense on the glass - it will get "dirty" faster.

You can buy low pro adaptors that will allow you to turn an 18mm bong into a 14mm bong. If you could only buy one bong then I would buy a smaller 18mm and use the adaptor.

Since your asking about the lsv - do the two different bowl sizes hold the same amount of material? If they dont then get the size that holds the amount that you normally use.

notmyrealUSERname,
Top Bottom