$100 Vape Mash Up: Pinnacle vs Solo

Would you buy an Arizer Solo or Pinnacle Pro for $100?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marcusog

I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket, someone help me! I absolutely loved my vapir no2 but recently gave that away. I am looking at either an Arizer solo or a Pinnacle pro as my next portable.

As far as portability goes, I do only take it on the go to my backyard and sit on my hammock. Extension cords or batteries are my solution, I just can't have a huge machine to puff on for the world to see. I usually only vape at night after a long day. I am looking for overall useability, hit quality, and versatility (use with bongs, trying new pieces to improve performance). I have an arizer eq and would say my overall skill level is excellent with vapes. Thanks in advance, I am looking forward to reading input!

EveryDayAmnesiac

Definitely the Solo.

Easy to use, great for around-the-house portability, fantastic taste, very versatile, time-tested, good price, and an all-around favorite here at FC. There is room for a Solo in just about everyone's rotation. I wish I still had mine.

:2c:

max

Out to lunch
If you don't vape on the go there's no reason to consider a pocket vape unless you view 'tossability' as a big factor. The Solo is king of 'in between vaping'- it's a walk around AC model. I do find it strange that you're up for hooking it up to a water filtration system but don't want a "huge machine" as far as a home unit. My Solo plus a bubbler is just as "huge", visually, as my EVO plus a hydratube. Aside from that, the Solo is by far the most popular 'around the house/yard portable'. It really is a hybrid, as far as half home vape, half portable.

marcusog

I think I will go with the solo then, especially since it's 15 less actually. I want the option of doing crazy shit with it, not something I intend on doing during every day use. The pinnacle just looks so easy to drop in your pocket or toss in the car preloaded, but the solo appears to be another beast altogether. Thanks guys

marcusog,
Reactions: CarolKing

Herr_Dampf

If you don't vape on the go there's no reason to consider a pocket vape unless you view 'tossability' as a big factor. The Solo is king of 'in between vaping'- it's a walk around AC model. I do find it strange that you're up for hooking it up to a water filtration system but don't want a "huge machine" as far as a home unit. My Solo plus a bubbler is just as "huge", visually, as my EVO plus a hydratube. Aside from that, the Solo is by far the most popular 'around the house/yard portable'. It really is a hybrid, as far as half home vape, half portable.

Good points. A log vape seems like a reasonable solution. Maybe a UD or a Nano.

Herr_Dampf,
Reactions: DDave

marcusog

The solo you can't use while charging. They say you can get a different charger that will allow this. Could the arizer eq charging cord produce the same results?

marcusog,

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
Beware of using a solo plugged in several users have had theirs throw a right wobbler in the electrics and AFAIK they all used it plugged in.

cityslang,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Beware of using a solo plugged in several users have had theirs throw a right wobbler in the electrics and AFAIK they all used it plugged in.

Sorry, could you elaborate a bit on what happened? I have abused my solo's to no end both physically and electrically and both of them still work. What happened to those Solo's to make them fail like that? The Solo has input power protection, unless they hooked up a battery backwards I can't think of any way I could even break one on purpose.

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
Sorry, could you elaborate a bit on what happened? I have abused my solo's to no end both physically and electrically and both of them still work. What happened to those Solo's to make them fail like that? The Solo has input power protection, unless they hooked up a battery backwards I can't think of any way I could even break one on purpose.

There are several posts in the solo section from solo users whose new model solos all went belly up and the only common factor seemed to be using it plugged in. They are somewhere in the last 50 pages of the solo thread

cityslang,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
It would save more money to get a Hammer and you wouldn't have any temperature restrictions. But I find the Solo to be a better choice over the Pinnacle as it yields more reliability, versatility, and I feel it would provide better hit quality and flavor.

I'm not sure if $100 is accurate because neither the Solo or Pinnacle Pro are that price, you can get a Hammer for 84ish.

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Solo is better than pinnacle is not a good statement. I believe it is a better vaporizer. I believe the PN can be stealthier. If your skill quality is excellent, I say get the Lotus and your skills will really pay off b/c this vape nailed the KISS method! With proper care and maintenance will last way longer than Li-ion. Plus it's 15% off direct from MT through 4/20! Attaches to almost any pipe and you can even use combustion bowls with it by applying high temp silicone to the wpa. If your looking for a portable that can play ball with the desktops, get a Lotus!

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
There are several posts in the solo section from solo users whose new model solos all went belly up and the only common factor seemed to be using it plugged in. They are somewhere in the last 50 pages of the solo thread
mmm... yes I was worried this would be the case... it's disappointing Arizer did not update the battery to one that can handle such stress for extended periods as this is just going to get more and more prevalent.

marcusog

Too many reports recently of battery and charging issues with the solo, and the pinnacle appears to conduct heat even when not being hit. Looks like an 85 dollar Hammer is my choice, the lotus looks better but I don't have to have a torch and it costs less.

marcusog,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
What makes the Lotus look better, is this a visual meaning?

I do think the design is cool.

paytonpenn,

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
I have a lotus and really enjoy using it and rate it highly for my purposes.

Quick hits it can be all over in a minute or 2 if you desire or as long as you want you can hit it and leave it as the herb won't be cooked like a battery op

It's the closest to that rapid hit you get from bongs

It's versatile so don't discount it read the last say 20 pages of the lotus thread.

cityslang,
Top Bottom