100% Decarb With The NOVA

JRyan

Here are my final thoughts to those who may be on the fence.

Customer Service (Human Interaction): Poor, to almost non-existent. This should only be a real issue if warranty services are needed.

Ordering/Shipping: Excellent. Automated emails provide you with constant status updates. Order confirmation, shipment, out for delivery, and finally delivery confirmation.

Packaging: Great. Very discreet. If only they would have put some of that attention to detail into the actual device.

Build Quality: Poor, almost shameful. Wear your kid-gloves.

Product Claims: Great. It does a very good job of decarboxylating your material. 95% of the odor is contained. The only noticeable odor coming from within six to twelve inches.

Price: What is convenience and odor control worth to you? Those two things are what sets this device apart from the many other methods of decarboxylating your material.

Conclusion: If your budget allows for the purchase of this device. I wouldn't give it to much thought. Just do it.

HemiSync

Thank all of you so much! I was going to buy this for my birthday next week, but after seeing the issues here I will wait for the knockoffs that are soon to follow. I can't imagine allowing a product that is not supposed to have any sharp edges to leave the factory floor with the ability to slice meat. Not to mention all the other issues with customer service and product quality.

I think I will spend the money on a green oil machine instead and keep decarbing in my oven. Thanks again

Ganja O

Hey just a quick note - I haven't been involved with this company in a few months so I can't speak to any specific issues but I do know there is a continued effort to improve shipping, production, etc.

If you have any question email support and they should be able to take care of you.

Ganja O,

HemiSync

Hey just a quick note - I haven't been involved with this company in a few months so I can't speak to any specific issues but I do know there is a continued effort to improve shipping, production, etc.

If you have any question email support and they should be able to take care of you.
I did leave a message through the contact form on their website but no response.

HemiSync,

JRyan

I can't speak to any specific issues but I do know there is a continued effort to improve shipping, production, etc.

They have drastically improved production and shipping. I do believe the total order time has been cut down to approximately seven days.

Their major issue is the non-existent communication.

did leave a message through the contact form on their website but no response.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Requests for wholesale or advertising information have mostly gone unanswered, as well. Which is an even bigger issue, than not communicating with your end-users.

JRyan,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Here are my final thoughts to those who may be on the fence.

Customer Service (Human Interaction): Poor, to almost non-existent. This should only be a real issue if warranty services are needed.

Ordering/Shipping: Excellent. Automated emails provide you with constant status updates. Order confirmation, shipment, out for delivery, and finally delivery confirmation.

Packaging: Great. Very discreet. If only they would have put some of that attention to detail into the actual device.

Build Quality: Poor, almost shameful. Wear your kid-gloves.

Product Claims: Great. It does a very good job of decarboxylating your material. 95% of the odor is contained. The only noticeable odor coming from within six to twelve inches.

Price: What is convenience and odor control worth to you? Those two things are what sets this device apart from the many other methods of decarboxylating your material.

Conclusion: If your budget allows for the purchase of this device. I wouldn't give it to much thought. Just do it.

Thanks for the review bud, was wondering if the device was more than just convenience?

People have reported getting much more (effect) out of their material after its been decarboxylated in the NOVA/LYFT than when they used to use other decarb means.

So I was just wondering if this is your experience and would that not be a major factor in buying this device?

I'm trying to work out if I would I be better off with an induction hob and pan.

My issue isn't so much price, I'm in the UK so I don't know if the Lyft is even compatable with our power grid, I've inquired via multiple channels but like you said, communications is not their strong point.

Currently my decarb process is:
  • Dinky pyrex dish (like it was purposefully designed to cook 3.5g of ground cannabis). Pyrex 0.25
  • Oven bag (help with the smell). Sealapack Medium
  • Oven Thermometer (most ovens scent that acurate).
  • 60min @ 115°c
  • Crumbled as coarse grind
  • Left to cool for 15min
I'm trying to work out if the Nova/Lyft is even going to benefit me or just save a bit of effort.

TIA

GreenHopper,

AllAboutTheVape

@GreenHopper - I believe you would need an outlet adapter, like the ones us Americans have to purchase when travelling to Europe.

The wife and I use our Nova on most of our bud, regardless of the use.

I can't say with certainty that I can feel a difference, if I do... it is subtle.

However, some strains which we have decarbed and then vaped, seems easier on the throat and lungs when vaped.

As I have stated before, I am not blown away by the unit's build quality... but I don't regret the purchase, and would purchase again.

Decarbing your product is easy, set and forget... with precision monitoring.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper - I believe you would need an outlet adapter, like the ones us Americans have to purchase when travelling to Europe.

The wife and I use our Nova on most of our bud, regardless of the use.

I can't say with certainty that I can feel a difference, if I do... it is subtle.

However, some strains which we have decarbed and then vaped, seems easier on the throat and lungs when vaped.

As I have stated before, I am not blown away by the unit's build quality... but I don't regret the purchase, and would purchase again.

Decarbing your product is easy, set and forget... with precision monitoring.

Thanks fella, appreciate the response.

Seems like it may not be a significant enough improvement over my current process other than convenience as @JRyan described.

Might revisit when the company are more communicative and the product quality raises a little.

I salute you early adopters, thanks for all the feedback.

GreenHopper,
Reactions: mixchu69

JRyan

Thanks for the review bud, was wondering if the device was more than just convenience?

Anecdotally, I would go as far to say it does a more efficient job of decarboxylating material, when using the oven method.

I'm currently waiting on the CannaDX to arrive before I make any actual claims to it's effectiveness.

In the meantime, I'll keep decarboxylating with the Lift. It's simply too gosh darn convenient. Set it, and then walk away.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@JRyan Ah Yeh CannaDX, the lab in a box. Been looking at that as well. Looks good but didn't like the idea of having to replace the sensor every six months (guess less if not used regularly like a pro would).

Would definitely be interested in your opinion/experience on that device - I think there is a thread already about it here

Anyway back on topic: Yeh I'd love the convenience and if the results are better that would be great but I'm not going to import one until the company can tell me if the device is 240v, 50hz compatible.

GreenHopper,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hi Guys,

Managed to get hold of Ardent and asked them if the Lyft works in the UK.

Their answer was "the unit is 110v and 90 watts and requires a step down converter in the UK".

Last edited:
GreenHopper,

Gitsad

Hi Guys,

Managed to get hold of Ardent and asked them if the Lyft works in the UK.

Their answer was "the unit is 110v and 90 watts and requires a step down converter in the UK".

I have had complete success in a 220v country using a step down converter (220 to 120, 300w to be safe). With that its a great device, does what it says on the tin! ("great" being a much over used word on both sides of the pond recently).

Krazy

CannaDX.... WTF?!?! That is very cool. I may well get one in 1/2 year or so when my current stash runs out.

My take matches others on the Nova:

• Build and materials could be better.
  • It absolutely does what it claims; and does so very well.
  • THC conversion beats the oven by a little to a lot.

Krazy,

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
http://www.ardentcannabis.com/sample-test-results/

It mentions using it with shatter? Has anyone used concentrates in theirs? And if so how to get it out of said container without mess or loss? Parchment paper inside? Lol

I'm all about easier Decarb but have just saw people starting to use BHO in edibles.. I'm not in a legal state and because of the ease of carrying and no smell a lot of "vendors" have started to only carry concentrates and not dry herb anymore which is having me to start trying to think of other ways to be able to make edibles and the ability to experiment efficiently because it is more expensive in our states then recreational states. Which sucks :/

Thanks in advance for any info I appreciate the insight

HemiSync

http://www.ardentcannabis.com/sample-test-results/

It mentions using it with shatter? Has anyone used concentrates in theirs? And if so how to get it out of said container without mess or loss? Parchment paper inside? Lol

I'm all about easier Decarb but have just saw people starting to use BHO in edibles.. I'm not in a legal state and because of the ease of carrying and no smell a lot of "vendors" have started to only carry concentrates and not dry herb anymore which is having me to start trying to think of other ways to be able to make edibles and the ability to experiment efficiently because it is more expensive in our states then recreational states. Which sucks :/

Thanks in advance for any info I appreciate the insight
I believe I saw a video where they made hot chocolate with kief. They put the kief right in The bottom of the decarb chamber. For shatter and rosin, I don't see why you couldn't put it in a shot glass and put it in the container. I doubt it's enough heat to break a good shot glass.

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
I believe I saw a video where they made hot chocolate with kief. They put the kief right in The bottom of the decarb chamber. For shatter and rosin, I don't see why you couldn't put it in a shot glass and put it in the container. I doubt it's enough heat to break a good shot glass.

Thank you :) Interesting on the shot glass, I've also see people talk about Pyrex but won't it still be a bit difficult to collect vs a parchment paper? I am just trying to figure the best way and limit loss

I do wonder if anyone has tried a method that works...tested true.

luckypucky,

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
It decarboxylates concentrates just fine.

I use one of these, Silipint silicone shot glass.
Wonderful, thank you!

Concentrates also sometime cone in little silicone carrying cases.. would these work to just pop those in with the gram alread in it to just decarb the whole thing? Then again I don't know where the silicone case came from so maybe I'm better of with the silicone shot glass

Also when decarbing for what you are using it for it not the whole gram as far as a dosing method for edibles what have you notice is typical you put in the nova?

Again thanks for the helpful link and replay

luckypucky,

JRyan

Concentrates also sometime cone in little silicone carrying cases.. would these work to just pop those in with the gram alread in it to just decarb the whole thing? Then again I don't know where the silicone case came from so maybe I'm better of with the silicone shot glass

Just make sure the silicone containers are food-grade, BPA free, and most importantly oven safe.

I've even used parchment paper and wrapped it around the concentrate, like you're wrapping a Shanghai soup dumpling.

Side Note: Don't overthink the process. ;)

Also when decarbing for what you are using it for it not the whole gram as far as a dosing method for edibles what have you notice is typical you put in the nova?

I'll need you to clarify exactly what you're asking.

If you're asking how much I've run through the device. I've only done two runs, one gram each time. The prices here will have you selling bodily fluids, organs, and quite possibly, your first born.

I do apologize if I've misunderstood. :doh:

JRyan,
Reactions: mixchu69

luckypucky

Covered in Peepaws
Just make sure the silicone containers are food-grade, BPA free, and most importantly oven safe.

I've even used parchment paper and wrapped it around the concentrate, like you're wrapping a Shanghai soup dumpling.

Side Note: Don't overthink the process. ;)

I'll need you to clarify exactly what you're asking.

If you're asking how much I've run through the device. I've only done two runs, one gram each time. The prices here will have you selling bodily fluids, organs, and quite possibly, your first born.

I do apologize if I've misunderstood. :doh:
Thanks on the side note I'm just trying to verify the info I've seen used and whether it can be applied to the Lift in the same fashion.

Well I'm getting the silicone shot glass suggested in the thread today. I can't trust the little cases because I wasn't apart of getting them.

Yes a gram here is very expensive as we are not a herb friendly state

Sorry if I was confusing cuz I am even trying to figure it out JRyan and I appreciate your patience. I meant to say when making edibles with concentrate how does one dose? Is it like a dab size because concentrates are more potent or are you using the full gram like you would a full cup of infused coconut oil to let's say done cookies. Because I use wax every so often so I'm not a heavy weight but knowing how much this costs, and concentrates are stronger then dry herb (one tiny dab hit on a Maud Dib and you're golden in my case) I figure you would use less concentrates in the edible creating process and stretch your concentrate use out longer.

Watching a show they showed a bowl full of concentrate and said this is will fill 5,000 bottles of our marinating elixir for our cooking consumers. Vice's Bong Appetite show is what made me think about concentrate use in foods. Before I just did the methods of butter or oil.. where I live dry herb is harder to find so I have to adjust to find other methods. Concentrates are easier to carry and don't smell so to keep low profile that is everywhere and it is hard to find the good ol dry herb :/

Was I better this time?

luckypucky,

Baron23

Thanks on the side note I'm just trying to verify the info I've seen used and whether it can be applied to the Lift in the same fashion.

Well I'm getting the silicone shot glass suggested in the thread today. I can't trust the little cases because I wasn't apart of getting them.

Yes a gram here is very expensive as we are not a herb friendly state

Sorry if I was confusing cuz I am even trying to figure it out JRyan and I appreciate your patience. I meant to say when making edibles with concentrate how does one dose? Is it like a dab size because concentrates are more potent or are you using the full gram like you would a full cup of infused coconut oil to let's say done cookies. Because I use wax every so often so I'm not a heavy weight but knowing how much this costs, and concentrates are stronger then dry herb (one tiny dab hit on a Maud Dib and you're golden in my case) I figure you would use less concentrates in the edible creating process and stretch your concentrate use out longer.

Watching a show they showed a bowl full of concentrate and said this is will fill 5,000 bottles of our marinating elixir for our cooking consumers. Vice's Bong Appetite show is what made me think about concentrate use in foods. Before I just did the methods of butter or oil.. where I live dry herb is harder to find so I have to adjust to find other methods. Concentrates are easier to carry and don't smell so to keep low profile that is everywhere and it is hard to find the good ol dry herb :/

Was I better this time?
Please keep in mind, if decarbing concentrates, that they will bubble as they out gas so make sure your container has enough rooom.

I learned this the hard way. LOL

Baron23,
Top Bottom