100% Decarb With The NOVA

DQ94

Sorry for the delayed response on this comment. As a new startup, we are still making small production runs now which is why we are at the 2-3 week range for delivery. Once we get to full production (this fall) there will be no lag. As to the configuration, Nova is in its final production setup now, of course we made small changes and adjustments to the little things based on early adopter feedback, some of which were mentioned in this forum (small gap, different cord grommet), cosmetic but not functional items. We appreciate our early adopters more than you know and will always consider them an exclusive set entitled to first access to our new products and special treatment as the first people who believed in us and joined this mission for ease and accuracy and most of all making the use of this plant something that no one is intimidated by. We have a big announcement about an upcoming project and are looking forward to sharing it in the next few weeks.

In the meantime many of you know that we are pushing towards adult use legalization here in Massachusetts. It’s a critical point in our history as the overwhelming scientific and social evidence shows that cannabis is effective and prohibition is the real scourge. We want to share with you our fight for freedom and social justice as we walk towards victory. We’ve put together a video featuring footage from the kickoff to the last three months of the campaign and our official name change to #Yeson4. We also head over to Women Grow Boston to see how women are using cannabis for wellness and to overcome life-threatening illnesses.

Thought I'd share my Nova story, maybe save others time. This company is THE WORST. I ordered my Nova in September. More than 3 weeks went by before they contacted me (after a phone call and an email) and then it was just a mass email explaining problems with manufacturing and a new design etc. I finally got tracking info after more than 5 weeks. It was then stolen off my front step because Ardent didn't require a signature on a $300 package (and FedEx ignored my request to not safe drop the package, but that's a whole other tale). I opened a PayPal claim and emailed the company three times. They never bothered to reply to any of my emails or the PayPal claim. Eventually, PayPal reversed the charges. I never heard from Ardent. I've never had such terrible service from a small company.

DQ94,

JRyan

Thought I'd share my Nova story, maybe save others time. This company is THE WORST.

I certainly share your frustration, in regards to Ardent's lack of communication. It took me many weeks of one-way communication before I received a response.

I'm holding out hope that the actual product is better than their customer service.

JRyan,

JRyan

Ardent Mass Email said:
Your unit is complete and being packaged for shipment now. It will be in transit by tomorrow afternoon and you will receive a tracking number by tomorrow evening.

:clap:

Lack of human interaction aside. Their mass emails updating you at each stage is welcomed.

JRyan,

Concupiscient

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but for anyone looking for a cheaper and possibly more dependable option, I'm pretty sure a cheap induction cooktop from Amazon and an airtight steel container should do the same thing. You'll have to figure out the times and temps yourself but it shouldn't take too much trial and error.

Like this thought as a separate "How to decarb with an induction cooktop", thread.

Concupiscient,

AllAboutTheVape

After reading this thread, I was a bit reluctant in placing an order for a Nova.

I have little patience for poor customer service, especially in this day in age.

However, I decided to roll the dice...

I placed my order on on 12/26, and the site clearly indicated a shipping timeline of 2-3 weeks - and I instantly received an email order confirmation.

On 12/29 - I received an email stating my order was in process of being shipped.

According to the email I should receive a tracking number for my unit today.

So far, so good.

Maybe they are getting better at customer service? Lucky timing on my part?

Either way, the experience has been very reasonable.

Update: I received a FedEx tracking number on 12/30 - and the unit should be here 1/4/17.

So if all goes as planned it will be a total of 10 days from order date to order received.

Last edited:
AllAboutTheVape,

JRyan

@AllAboutTheVape

You lucked out with your experience, so far.

I spent over forty-five days attempting to receive an actual human response.

Like you, I just received my FedEx tracking number today. Delivery should be on or around 01/04/17.

I would like nothing more than for Ardent to redeem themselves. They've left a sour taste in a number of consumers mouths. It would serve them greatly to address some of the concerns raised here.

AllAboutTheVape

Just an FYI - the Nova is currently on sale ($60 Off) using Coupon Code "2017decarb", now through January 3rd.

No affiliation here, just passing along the info.

It is a better deal than I received.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
also (from the email to purchasers): they are promising 1 week expedited delivery, versus the previous 2-3 weeks.

Hippie Dickie,

JRyan

We could really use some reviews from those who already received their units. I'm almost tempted to pick up an additional unit to give as a gift, even though my unit has yet to arrive.

JRyan,

JRyan

post #88 is my review, with a few more comments after that.

:lol:

I deserved that. I should have been more specific. I'd like to hear from those who just received their 'updated' units, just before Christmas.

They've sold close to 300 units since the beginning of December 2016. I would have thought we'd see at least a few more owners chime in.

virtualpurple

I certainly hope for the best for the company, and more importantly, the customers that have supported with their dollar.

However, I would recommend that anyone peeking at this may want to look into decarbing with a sous vide cooker in a water bath. I don't want to take thunder away from this thread but if anyone is interested I will create a thread elsewhere. I've not toyed with it much myself but at least 1 person has demonstrated smell free, 100% decarbed with a much more versatile device.

JRyan

However, I would recommend that anyone peeking at this may want to look into decarbing with a sous vide cooker in a water bath.

The Sous-Vide method does work exceptionally well.

Then again...

A Duxtop induction cook-top and a stainless-steel milling jar will do the exact same thing as this device. Even better, have a local machinist create a jar the same size as your induction burner and only two, maybe three inches deep. Seal it with an air-tight silicon seal around the rim of the jar.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yeah, i guess that would be a way to go ... however i don't know any "local machinist" - i do know an amazing sheet metal wizard and a welder, but that's off topic - so, $80 for the cooktop, $50 to the machinist ... custom silicon seal ??? and a trip to the shiny metal place to get the steel to take to the machinist ... and 8 to 24 non-productive hours to make it all come together. vs $200 for the NOVA.

i'd like to see all glass and ability to control temperature and duration ... i've got the temp controller ... just what i need - another 10 year project.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Enchantre

JRyan

and 8 to 24 non-productive hours to make it all come together. vs $200 for the NOVA.

We all have our own preferences. I surely wouldn't advise anyone to be non-productive.

I receive a great deal of enjoyment out of purchasing things to apart and see how they operate. In a lot of cases I modify them to better fit my needs.

I'm currently in the process of disassembling a MBM to install an arudino board and a 4" LCD. Different strokes for different folks.

If anyone would like to discuss this further let's start a new thread. :)

Concupiscient

...However, I would recommend that anyone peeking at this may want to look into decarbing with a sous vide cooker in a water bath. I don't want to take thunder away from this thread but if anyone is interested I will create a thread elsewhere.

As a benefit to noobs - good idea.

The Sous-Vide method does work exceptionally well.

Then again...

A Duxtop induction cook-top and a stainless-steel milling jar will do the exact same thing as this device. Even better, have a local machinist create a jar the same size as your induction burner and only two, maybe three inches deep. Seal it with an air-tight silicon seal around the rim of the jar.

?Off the shelf jar(s)?

If anyone would like to discuss this further let's start a new thread. :)

Sure - a how to upscale your device, (for us "tools challenged" folk).

Concupiscient,

AllAboutTheVape

OK, so a quick update...

FedEx delivered my Nova, today as schedule.

The packaging of the Nova was nicer than I would have expected.

The unit itself is simple, if not a little underwhelming.

The construction of the unit appears be fine, not too cheaply made, but not an Apple product :)

A word of warning: My Nova was pretty smelly, a combination of rubber and machine oil. I decided it might be best to give it a quick cleaning before using it for the first time. I broke out a little ISO, and began give it a little clean up. When I was cleaning the interior metal container, the top edge sliced open my finger. That edge is freaking sharp so be carefull!

Right now, I am decarbing my first batch. I am about 20 minutes into the process. The unit is warm on the outside to the touch, but not hot enough to burn anyone. So far, no smell or odors at all.

I too considered a Sous Vide Immersion Circulator. In my research, I found that most of the Sous Vide devices out there top out at 210F degrees. And, still cost about $100... so I decided to go the Nova route instead.

AllAboutTheVape,
Reactions: ShovelHead

JRyan

Ardent Lift - Unboxing Images

Shipping Service: FedEx Home Delivery

Shipping From:

Shipping Manager
Barrett Distriubtion Center
31 Plymouth
Mansfield, MA 02048

First Thoughts:

Packaging was above average.

Dirty, dusty, a definite film on the removable inner silver container, and the heating chamber.

Built like a Dollar Tree child's toy. They couldn't have possibly used less expensive materials.

Like @AllAboutTheVape mentioned, the top outer edge on the inner silver container is unnecessarily sharp. Even while paying close attention I managed to slice right through a pair of latex gloves.

More to come...

Last edited:
JRyan,

AllAboutTheVape

Another update...

First batch of decarb bud done. The unit ran for about 90 minutes? I sort of forgot it was running. No odor whatsoever.

Bud looks browner than it did originally, so without any lab equipment, I am calling it good to go.

Vaped newly decarb bud, and vape seemed more mellow - can anyone else comment on this?

Onward to the next batch...

@JRyan - My wife went to an appointment right after I opened the box. When she got home I showed her my hand, which bleeds profusely when bumped. I warned her of the dangers on the ninja sharp edges.

She helped remove the decarbed bud from the Nova, and... cut her hand.

I am thinking some sandpaper might be in order.

AllAboutTheVape,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
the metal edges on mine are not at all sharp - both inside chamber and removable container have a rounded edge.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Enchantre

JRyan

I am thinking some sandpaper might be in order.

Agreed. I'll have a go at it this weekend.

the metal edges on mine are not at all sharp - both inside chamber and removable container have a rounded edge.

Do you mind posting an image of your inner insert?

I too was ready to post the same reply to @AllAboutTheVape. I ran my finger around twice and nothing. Then as I began cleaning the inner edge, in a back and forth motion, when my glove caught the edge and it cut like a knife through butter.

JRyan,

turtle360

I must give a positive review to the Customer Service department. (I think they're short staffed so they may all be the same department.) I ordered Tuesday at 6PM and got the FedEx delivery at 1PM Friday. Take that Prime. There is a bit of an edge to the silver container. You'd have to to make a very abrupt motion to cut. The inner container, completely rounded off.

turtle360

User note:

This thing doesn't seem to want to finish the cycle. It's supposed to take 1 1/4 hrs. It's been an hour and thirty-five and I don't know.

turtle360,
Top Bottom